Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Yeah, size is what I meant.

Cells are not the issue as much as you would now like to say.

Here is your quote from the fossil dude.
That you thought was just fine until now.

What you meant is irrelevant to the reality. You just do not understand. And you are whining like a little female dog.

Again, your stubborn ignorance is shinning bright. Muscle mass can be the result of two factors. One is the genetic disposition to having more muscle cells. The other is what can be achieved with what we are born with. You fail to make this distinction, because you prefer to remain ignorant.

Just admit what we can all clearly see. You are a moron. Your brain don't work right no matter how many muscle cells you have. You are a disgusting example of human existence. A concerted effort to educate yourself is the only thing that can change that.

But by all means, continue with your unabridged display of ignorance. It is not only sad, but humorous as well.

Perhaps you might benefit by actually trying to understand that which you so adamantly oppose.

Tyrathca

Just admit what we can all clearly see. You are a moron. Your brain don't work right no matter how many muscle cells you have. You are a disgusting example of human existence. A concerted effort to educate yourself is the only thing that can change that.
The sad thing is he probably knows he isn't that bright, but rather than educate and better himself he takes the "easy" way out and tries lying (ineffectively) to fool others into thinking he is intelligent.

noguru

The sad thing is he probably knows he isn't that bright, but rather than educate and better himself he takes the "easy" way out and tries lying (ineffectively) to fool others into thinking he is intelligent.

Yup, I have met many people like that in my life. I have learned to spot them by their strategy rather quickly in the last 20 years. Most of the time I do not have the time to correct all their misrepresentations and misdirection. But when they start telling other people who are clearly more accurate; "You are wrong!" I often find the motivation to squash the little maggots.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What you meant is irrelevant to the reality. You just do not understand. And you are whining like a little female dog.

Again, your stubborn ignorance is shinning bright. Muscle mass can be the result of two factors. One is the genetic disposition to having more muscle cells. The other is what can be achieved with what we are born with. You fail to make this distinction, because you prefer to remain ignorant.

Yer philosophical tactics wont work here.

You are out of yer league.

noguru

Yer philosophical tactics wont work here.

You are out of yer league.

Yep, a wise person once said to me.

Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

But sometimes I can't help laughing at morons like you when they try to drown out logic and reason with their din of ignorance and confusion.

noguru

Hey 0mind100spirits, do you ever wonder why you are always wrong? You remind me of the main character in the Frank Zappa song "Dong Work For Yuda".

Sorry John, better try it again.

"On second thought better bring me a water, HTO. This girl must a been practicing richcraft."

6days

Hedshaker said:
6days said:
"Creationism" is a belief, same as evolutionism. Beliefs are not falsifiable. However the evidence better fits the Biblical creation model.
In the beginning, God created....

Who are you trying to convince, yourself? Repeating the same assertion over and over like a mantra might be good confirmation bias but that's about all it is.

I don't need convincing myself... I know God's Word is truth and can be trusted.

And the evidence DOES better fit the Biblical model.

Our universe appears designed by a super intelligence. Codes, as in DNA, require a code maker, life does not come from non-life... etc etc

In the beginning, God created.

noguru

I don't need convincing myself... I know God's Word is truth and can be trusted.

Our universe appears designed by a super intelligence. Codes, as in DNA, require a code maker, life does not come from non-life... etc etc

Right. So you want to use science as a pulpit to broadcast your specific interpretation of Genesis, because you already know you are "right".

:bang:

I am so glad the Enlightenment brought us out of dull corrupt people like you ruling the world. Because in the end it is your own corruption that makes you such a dull person. I thank God people like you cannot force that on others so much as they did when inbred Monarchs claimed divine authority.

noguru

For 6days, 1mind1spirit, and other like minded people.

Death defying, mutilated armies scatter the earth,
Crawling out of dirty holes, their morals, their morals disappear

http://youtu.be/lFOOQ8e5J3A

I do wish you would consider what Jacob Bronowski has to say about the human "itch" to have absolute knowledge.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1. The Laws of Thermodynamics that say thermodynamic entropy cannot increase in a closed system do not apply to information entropy. (Information entropy is only called entropy because the equations for calculating the two quantities are mathematically similar.)

2. Cells are not closed systems since they transfer energy containing materials across their membranes (sugars, oxygen, CO2 etc).

3. The Sun provides plenty of short wavelength light (from high temperatures) that can be used to do entropy reducing work in systems that output lower grade heat energy ( to lower temperatures).
The Sun most certainly does power entropy reductions in open systems, at the expense of increases elsewhere, despite your rather hopeful claims to the contrary.

Dave, you have a very high perception of your own understanding: why can't you accept that physics is not your strong point and accept that others (including physicists here on ToL) can help you to understand your errors of fact and theory?

A system is closed in that it cannot become more complex. If the cell can increase in "useful" information naturally then of course it's an open system, but if it can't then obviously there is an super natural information provider--God.

Even a mutation in a cell is subject to physical law. Random movement of sun rays cannot produce more order in cells, for neither immediately specific function nor for future specific function.

Bacteria is been proven not to have become more complex by contact with penicillin. Bacteria already had that in the genetic code (or gene pool), that information was already there.

You imagine that all information in the DNA is the result of a mutation, or mutations, in the past, but you have no evidence to support this belief. This is all theoretical, beyond empirical evidence, and beyond physical law.

--Dave

Hedshaker

Classic.....

Confirmation bias

In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

6days

Hedshaker said:
6days said:
I don't need convincing myself... I know God's
Word is truth and can be trusted.

Classic.....

Confirmation bias

Perhaps a bit of confirmation bias, but mostly its common sense and things affirmed by science.

Codes NEVER create themselves... There ALWAYS is a code maker.

Life NEVER comes from non life.... Life always comes from life.

Our universe IS fine tuned for life having the appearance of being designed.

Hedshaker

Perhaps a bit of confirmation bias, but mostly its common sense and things affirmed by science.

Indeed we see talking snakes affirmed by science all the time.

I like Alwight's idea better. Papa Smurf did it.

gcthomas

A system is closed in that it cannot become more complex. If the cell can increase in "useful" information naturally then of course it's an open system, but if it can't then obviously there is an super natural information provider--God.

That is not what closed means in a physics context, which you specified. Closed means no matter flows across the boundaries, but that isn't true for living cells. Is closed what you meant?

Individual cells don't become more complex in evolution. When do they become more complex in your mind?

'Useful information' is not a term that gets much use in physics: how do you define or measure it so that we can have a useful discussion about it?

You seem to be making use of a lot of private word definitions - could you stick to the usual meanings, please?

6days

Hedshaker said:
6days said:

Indeed we see talking snakes affirmed by science all the time.

No... We don't see talking snakes...

What I said is.....
"Codes NEVER create themselves... There ALWAYS is a code maker.

Our universe IS fine tuned for life having the appearance of being designed"

its common sense and things affirmed by science, that support Biblical creation.
Hedshaker said:
6days said:

I like Alwight's idea better. Papa Smurf did it.

Yes I can imagine you like that idea better than the Creator of the Bible.

Its about on the same level as your belief that life comes from non life and the universe creating itself.

Hedshaker

No... We don't see talking snakes...

What I said is.....

its common sense and things affirmed by science, that support Biblical creation.

Indeed just like the scientific theory of the Sun standing still in the sky and gravity defying water walks..... and, whoo, to many to mention. Science supports the bible except when it doesn't it seems. And it's a good job we don't rely on common sense instead of science these days or the Sun would still orbit the Earth.

Yes I can imagine you like that idea better than the Creator of the Bible.

Its about on the same level as your belief that life comes from non life and the universe creating itself.

Sooooo, all daft assertions weren't created equal then. It just depends on what you like the most. Got it.

6days

Hedshaker said:
6days said:
What I said is.....

Indeed just like the scientific theory of the Sun standing still in the sky and gravity defying water walks..... and, whoo, to many to mention. Science supports the bible except when it doesn't it seems. And it's a good job we don't rely on common sense instead of science these days or the Sun would still orbit the Earth.

While I'm discussing evidences from science... You wish to divert to discussing other events in the Bible.

Why not create a thread about the "talking snake" if you wish to discuss it?

Meanwhile...

There is no evidence of a code EVER creating itself... That is evidence of an Intelligent Designer

There is no evidence that life comes from non life... That's evidence for the Life Giver of the Bible

Many astrophysicists, physicists, astronomers say our fine tuned universe indicate it was designed... Evidence of Supreme Intelligence. (You do the thread on talking snakes and I will do one on fine tuned universe)

Hedshaker said:
Sooooo, all daft assertions weren't created equal then. It just depends on what you like the most. Got it

You admit the assertion that Papa Smurf is the Creator is daft? :)

Its funny when evolutionists are so illogical. They would rather believe in myths and fairy tales than evidence which leads to the Creator God of the Bible. The reason thousands of scientists believe in the Intelligent Designer is evidence that.....

alwight

On the contrary, alwight... It is you who is anxious to fall for conclusions that fit your belief system.

We know bacteria have anti-biotic resistance long before antibiotic drugs were created.

There is ZERO evidence of any evolutionary past... it is only beliefs.
However I was simply quoting your own link that you seemed to think had denied evolution but which was nothing of the kind it seems.

I don't know if there are any good reasons for assuming that modern antibiotics would necessarily always be effective against a 4 million year old variety, do you?
Horses for courses, I suspect that 4 million year old bacteria could be pretty much as sophisticated and hard to defeat as modern varieties since it can adapt so much faster than most other biology.
Bacteria have had billions of years to adapt.

Anyway as your link says we have only been studying antibiotics for 70 years and:
“This has important clinical implications. It suggests that there are far more antibiotics in the environment that could be found and used to treat currently untreatable infections.”
Nobody in the field of infectious diseases anyway is apparently claiming that bacteria do not result from evolution, despite what creationists will otherwise try to assert.

Hedshaker

While I'm discussing evidences from science... You wish to divert to discussing other events in the Bible.

Why not create a thread about the "talking snake" if you wish to discuss it?

Meanwhile...

There is no evidence of a code EVER creating itself... That is evidence of an Intelligent Designer

There is no evidence that life comes from non life... That's evidence for the Life Giver of the Bible

Many astrophysicists, physicists, astronomers say our fine tuned universe indicate it was designed... Evidence of Supreme Intelligence. (You do the thread on talking snakes and I will do one on fine tuned universe)

Well it's a good job you wasn't around to help Behe out at the Dover trial. Those nasty "evolutionists" wouldn't have known what hit them, what with all your common sense an all.......:rain:

You admit the assertion that Papa Smurf is the Creator is daft? :)

Its funny when evolutionists are so illogical. They would rather believe in myths and fairy tales than evidence which leads to the Creator God of the Bible. The reason thousands of scientists believe in the Intelligent Designer is evidence that.....

Sure, Creator Papa Smurf is daft. Almost as daft as your invisible man in the sky that magically poofed the universe only 4000 years ago... or was it 400? Makes no difference, both propositions are barking mad.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
this thread proves 'evolution'.....

this thread proves 'evolution'.....

~*~*~

Wow,....this thread has taken off with a life of its own, ever 'adapting' to new ingrams of information :)

My last contributions and thoughts on the subject of 'creation/evolution' here.

Life is what it is, and has within it its own potentials, which undergoes 'evolution', 'growth', 'adaptation'. That is what Life is about in a cosmos of change, which is 'continuous creation'. In this way, the Creator evolves his own potentials within the heart and circumference of creation, expanding experientially with the totality of Creation.

That an all-pervading consciousness and universal spirit also infuses, permeates and encompasses the cosmos is also 'evident' to both 'consciousness' and the 'senses',...since the universe and existence itself would not 'be' apart from that living consciousness being the 'witness'.

View attachment 18564

In-joy :)

pj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.