Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

gcthomas said:
It is interesting that the Nazi guide for lending libraries explicitly banned books about Darwinism.*
That is interesting.
It is also interesting that Darwin was a bit of a racist....more so towards the end.
See.... we can both try move the goalposts and use red herrings.
This was the discussion....
The Nazi's were evolutionists and used Darwinian beliefs and phrases to justify the holocaust.
gcthomas said:
There was thunderous silence on the topic of Christian terrorism when it was raised. I wonder why? And that the vast majority of modern terrorism is carried out by those who believe in God, Muslims internationally and Christians throughout Africa and elsewhere
Vegetarians disrupted a fashion by throwing blood at the models.
See.... we can both try move the goalposts. Vegetarians and terrorists have nothing to do with creation vs evolution. (Terrorists and vegetarians are usually evolutionists though...is that your connection?)

Tyrathca

That is interesting.
It is also interesting that Darwin was a bit of a racist....more so towards the end.
Maybe he was. Darwin wasn't an infallible prophet so what does this prove? That he was wrong about some things even things about evolution, big whoop.
See.... we can both try move the goalposts and use red herrings.
This was the discussion....
The Nazi's were evolutionists and used Darwinian beliefs and phrases to justify the holocaust.
Except that evolutionists wouldn't ban evolution material, since they'd have no motive. Quite the opposite really, they'd have motive to keep it (and being nazis) force others to as well.

The reality is that an understanding of what evolution said would have shown their beliefs to be in opposition to the evidence interpreted by evolution.
(Terrorists and vegetarians are usually evolutionists though...is that your connection?)
Ummmm..... most terrorists are fundamentalist Islamists so they are probably the last people to ever accept evolution. On the contrary they're probably a version of creationists.... Not that this proves anything about either group.

6days

Tyrathca said:
The reality is that an understanding of what evolution said would have shown their beliefs to be in opposition to the evidence interpreted by evolution.
Not sure what you are trying to say, since evolution has not "said" anything.... and evolution has never "interpreted" anything.
The Nazi's adopted Darwinian evolution to justify eliminating those they deemed "unfit". They used Darwinian terminology saying it was a transgression against natural selection to allow the weaker in society to live. Have you not watched the Nazi video?

Tyrathca

The Nazi's adopted Darwinian evolution to justify eliminating those they deemed "unfit". They used Darwinian terminology saying it was a transgression against natural selection to allow the weaker in society to live. Have you not watched the Nazi video?
You don't ban something you adopt. At most they borrowed a few concepts and banned the rest to make sure no one could see how they'd distorted it. The concept of a "master race" has no place in evolution.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Archaeologists unearth ancient gate-shrine in Israel

Published September 28, 2016
FoxNews.com

Israeli archaeologists have unearthed a 2,900-year-old gate-shrine they say confirms the biblical story of King Hezekiah, who mandated the worship of God and the rejection of all other deities.

The gate-shrine in Tel Lachish National Park was uncovered decades ago, but a new excavation has completely exposed the gate, which is the largest one known from the First Temple period.

“The size of the gate is consistent with the historical and archaeological knowledge we possess, whereby Lachish was a major city and the most important one after Jerusalem,” said excavation director Sa'ar Ganor.

According to the Book of Kings, he said, “the cities’ gates were the place where ‘everything took place’: the city elders, judges, governors, kings and officials — everyone would sit on benches in the city gate. These benches were found in our excavation.”

The 80x80-foot Lachish city gate is 13 feet tall and consists of six chambers, three on either side of the main street that passed between them. Among the artifacts found in its rooms were benches with armrests, jars, a large number of scoops for loading grain and stamped jar handles that bear the name of the official seal impression. Two of those impressions say “belonging to the king of Hebron.”

The continuation of the building is the gate-shrine, whose steps “ascended to a large room where there was a bench upon which offerings were placed,” Ganor said. “An opening was exposed in the corner of the room that led to the holy of holies; to our great excitement, we found two four-horned altars and scores of ceramic finds consisting of lamps, bowls and stands in this room.

“It is most interesting that the horns on the altar were intentionally truncated,” he said “That is probably evidence of the religious reform attributed to King Hezekiah, whereby religious worship was centralized in Jerusalem and the cultic high places that were built outside the capital were destroyed.”

The archaeologists also uncovered a stone fashioned in the shape of a chair, with a hole in its center — a toilet that was installed to desecrate the place.

This is the first time archaeologists have confirmed the assertion in the Bible that toilets were installed in cultic locations to destroy them. Lab tests suggest the toilet was never used, leading the archaeologists to conclude that it was installed there as a symbol.

“The uncovering of these finds joins a long list of discoveries that enlighten us about our historic past, a past that is manifested in our country’s soil and in the writings of the Book of Books,” said Miri Regev, Israel’s minister of culture and sport.

“The Bible – the founding book of the Jewish people, draws the country’s boundaries and the heritage of the Jewish people that was exiled from its country and returned to its homeland,” she continued.

“It boldly commemorates the way of our forefathers, the prophets, the kings and the judges, and the Israel Antiquities Authority deserves praise for this important discovery, a discovery that deepens our connection to our ancestors who walked this land.”

The Nature and Parks Authority and Israel Antiquities Authority plan to open the gate, which is currently covered, to visitors after they have developed the site and conserved the artifacts.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hadn’t realized it was your job to dictate where discussions were supposed to go.
Well, now that you know... :rolleyes:

Is it because you don’t like the direction my question is leading that you feel the need to jump in and front for 6days?
The direction your question lead in is toward nonsense. We notice you did not respond to the actual challenge.

You're using a line of argument spawned from a Darwinist fascination with the genetic fallacy. They love it because the name fools them, I reckon.

It does not matter why a man believes as he does. What matters is its testability and the predictions that come from it.

gcthomas

Not sure what you are trying to say, since evolution has not "said" anything.... and evolution has never "interpreted" anything.

Te Nazis adopted the germ theory of disease when they developed their ideas of cleansing their world of the Jewish disease, but you wouldn't reject germ theory because of that, would you?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do have Jesus, I found him long ago. It's not a theory, when one finds God they know.

Dear Caino,

The Pharisees and Sadducees thought they had found God too. Read and see what Jesus told them. Can you see?

But because faith in the Father is difficult, people make idols out of holy writings.

Having Faith in the Father is not difficult for me. I'm also not idolizing His Holy writings. It's the Christian Bible. Make of it what you will. That's what you are doing. How about the Urantia writings? What do you want to make of them? Having them be a guide for yourself? Be careful whom that guide might be. I already know who.

I have no faith in Satan, he was defeated by Jesus and never had the power to enter peoples brains.

I have no faith in Satan either. He was defeated by Jesus, but he still causes trouble even to this day. See Rev. 12:9KJV. This is just one tiny instance. He spoke of it as being in the future in the book of Revelation. See also Rev. 13:6-7KJV. I could go on for quite a while. You are not believing correctly. And if you think he does not speak to the thoughts of others, what do you think happened to Jesus while He was fasting for 40 days and nights in the wilderness? Do you think that the devil appeared to Jesus in order to speak with Him with moving lips? What about the serpent who 'spoke' to Eve in the garden of Eden? There are some things that you don't seem to realize.

Lots of people believe things that are not true. Just because you believe in a YEC doesn't make it true. Children may believe in Sana Clause, but then the grow up and realize it wasn't true.

Right, Caino. None of us can know definitely without seeing what God brings to pass in the end, but we can believe through Faith. So we'll let God show us the way as time passes. I'm not saying that I haven't been wrong before in my life. Who hasn't? We are all doing our best to seek the truth and Jesus said, it will set us Free! See Rev. 10:7KJV. "And the mystery of God shall be finished, even as He hath declared to His servants, the prophets." I'd rather believe in the Book of the Bible, than the Urantia Book, that's all. I abhor the Urantia Book. It flies in the face of God, Caino. It's not like I'm trying to be unfair to you Caino. Of course we can be friends even if you have opposing views. You believe which book you like and so will I, and then in the near future, we'll find out who was right. I suppose there is nothing I can say that will cause you to quit believing in your Urantia Pages, and the same with my Bible. But which book does the majority of the people of the world believe in? The Bible. Even the Qur'an is second in line. Where is the Urantia Book in all of this.

Much Love, In Christ's Example,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I depend on my own judgement, which I have found to be less than perfect, and I rely on the judgement of others who I feel are better qualified than I to judge in some matters (but are still just humans).

I am trying to find out (vainly, so far) who or what you are relying on for information about the accuracy of the Bible that you think admits no possibility of error – “absolutely true”. You seem reluctant to give what should be a very simple direct answer.

Dear redfern,

It is ALL absolute truth. Is that what you are wondering? Every thing written in it is fact, symbolic or otherwise. Now you will press me for how I know. On that matter, you would never handle well. So all I can tell you otherwise is to wait and see what happens when Jesus returns. That will be very soon. I may not know which season at all, but I can tell by the signs that are happening in the Earth these past years and days {the latter years; the latter days}. Jesus admonished us to know this. Even the things you don't understand in the Bible are still true, irregardless. Give things some more time.

May God Reassure You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hadn’t realized it was your job to dictate where discussions were supposed to go. Is it because you don’t like the direction my question is leading that you feel the need to jump in and front for 6days?

Dear redfern,

Stripe is EXACTLY right!! I wanted to say it in my post to you, but I didn't want to put words in Stripe's mouth. He couldn't have put it any better. He is just trying to spare 6days, in case 6days cannot find the words to answer you best with. So now you know. Are you a Christian??

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Dear Caino,

The Pharisees and Sadducees thought they had found God too. Read and see what Jesus told them. Can you see?

Having Faith in the Father is not difficult for me. I'm also not idolizing His Holy writings. It's the Christian Bible. Make of it what you will. That's what you are doing. How about the Urantia writings? What do you want to make of them? Having them be a guide for yourself? Be careful whom that guide might be. I already know who.

I have no faith in Satan either. He was defeated by Jesus, but he still causes trouble even to this day. See Rev. 12:9KJV. This is just one tiny instance. He spoke of it as being in the future in the book of Revelation. See also Rev. 13:6-7KJV. I could go on for quite a while. You are not believing correctly. And if you think he does not speak to the thoughts of others, what do you think happened to Jesus while He was fasting for 40 days and nights in the wilderness? Do you think that the devil appeared to Jesus in order to speak with Him with moving lips? What about the serpent who 'spoke' to Eve in the garden of Eden? There are some things that you don't seem to realize.

Right, Caino. None of us can know definitely without seeing what God brings to pass in the end, but we can believe through Faith. So we'll let God show us the way as time passes. I'm not saying that I haven't been wrong before in my life. Who hasn't? We are all doing our best to seek the truth and Jesus said, it will set us Free! See Rev. 10:7KJV. "And the mystery of God shall be finished, even as He hath declared to His servants, the prophets." I'd rather believe in the Book of the Bible, than the Urantia Book, that's all. I abhor the Urantia Book. It flies in the face of God, Caino. It's not like I'm trying to be unfair to you Caino. Of course we can be friends even if you have opposing views. You believe which book you like and so will I, and then in the near future, we'll find out who was right. I suppose there is nothing I can say that will cause you to quit believing in your Urantia Pages, and the same with my Bible. But which book does the majority of the people of the world believe in? The Bible. Even the Qur'an is second in line. Where is the Urantia Book in all of this.

Much Love, In Christ's Example,

Michael

The Pharisees and Sadducees used their Bible to reject Jesus, can ---->you<---- see??????

Calling the error filled writings of men "His Holy writings" is a form of idolatry.

The Urantia writings are NOT the Word of God, but you haven't read the book that you disagree with so I pardon your ignorance. God is Spirit, God is Living, his Word cant be owned by the written word.

Quote Jesus directly about his 40 days in the wilderness!?????.....that's ok, you cant, because the 40 days is "speculation" added to the story latter. Jesus NEVER gave a sermon about his 40 days in the wilderness!

Actually, to be fair, the majority of the people in the world follow the Quran as Islam has now overtaken hardheaded Christianity. The Urantia revelation is 61 years old, 61 years after Jesus began his public ministry Christianity was still a tiny sect inside Judaism.

You are a good and faithful steward Michael, I respect your faith, you are saved and will learn of these things on the next world.

God is Good.

Colter

redfern

Well, now that you know... :rolleyes:

Yeah, now I will do pretty much as I do with any silly self-appointed conversation cop, ignore you.

The direction your question lead in is toward nonsense. We notice you did not respond to the actual challenge.

Wonderful, now the onus somehow is on me to respond to some vague challenge, rather than on 6days to explain how he can know that “God’s Word" is absolute truth. Part of your job is to completely reverse the goalposts?

You're using a line of argument spawned from a Darwinist fascination with the genetic fallacy.

I see you, like a true creationist, can’t resist using Darwin as a pejorative even when the discussion has nothing to do with Darwin.

It does not matter why a man believes as he does.

Well, that is a huge difference from my field of science. We go to great efforts to try to make clear to other potential scientists why we maintain the ideas we do.

What matters is its testability and the predictions that come from it.

Miracles, which the Bible is laden with, are by definition things that fit poorly with the two criteria you itemize. Thanks for elucidating why the miracles in the Bible should not be taken as a literal events.

redfern

Dear redfern,

It is ALL absolute truth. Is that what you are wondering? Every thing written in it is fact, symbolic or otherwise. Now you will press me for how I know. On that matter, you would never handle well. So all I can tell you otherwise is to wait and see what happens when Jesus returns. That will be very soon. …

Michael
Michael, I don’t respond much to what you say, for much the same reason I don’t try to correct mistakes on random pieces of paper than I come across blowing down the street. If you actually had eyes that you used to read with some understanding then it might make sense to engage you.

I do glance at what you say, mostly to see if your failed prophetic declarations about the impending rapture before years-end is to be an annual event. The most significant thing to me in reading over that fiasco from last year was that you were the one that declared that God had personally confirmed that event to you, and yet when it didn’t happen, you shifted the blame on those who had asked you for a date. I’m not sure what you could do to more clearly show both your lack of divine credibility and your unwillingness to place the blame where it actually belongs. Go back to sleep in your crib now.

redfern

Dear redfern,

Stripe is EXACTLY right!!

You mean like when, on several occasions, he has referred to you using terms indicating you are a morally degenerate individual?

He is just trying to spare 6days, in case 6days cannot find the words to answer you best with.

I didn’t realize you had such a low opinion of 6days’ ability to respond. Thanks for the inadvertent heads up. So far, you seem to be right about 6days on that score.

Hedshaker

Dear redfern,

It is ALL absolute truth. Is that what you are wondering? Every thing written in it is fact, symbolic or otherwise. Now you will press me for how I know. On that matter, you would never handle well. So all I can tell you otherwise is to wait and see what happens when Jesus returns. That will be very soon. …

Michael

Michael, I don’t respond much to what you say, for much the same reason I don’t try to correct mistakes on random pieces of paper than I come across blowing down the street. If you actually had eyes that you used to read with some understanding then it might make sense to engage you.

I do glance at what you say, mostly to see if your failed prophetic declarations about the impending rapture before years-end is to be an annual event. The most significant thing to me in reading over that fiasco from last year was that you were the one that declared that God had personally confirmed that event to you, and yet when it didn’t happen, you shifted the blame on those who had asked you for a date. I’m not sure what you could do to more clearly show both your lack of divine credibility and your unwillingness to place the blame where it actually belongs. Go back to sleep in your crib now.

And worse is that Michael cannot even see it, no matter who or how many times his folly is pointed out. For over three years now his predictions will happen "soon" and we should "wait and see". What could be more ridiculous? Heads he wins and tails we lose.

It's a classic Dunning Kruger.....

Lilstu

Which came first man or animal? Which did God make first?

According to Genesis chapter 1, animals were made first....then man. Animals were made at Genesis 1:20-25, ....then man was made at Genesis 1:26-27

But according to Genesis chapter 2, Man was made first, and then animals were made. Man was made at Genesis 2:7 and then animals at Genesis 2:19

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I Hillary is elected, the end will come soon -

Jose Fly

It is interesting that the Nazi guide for lending libraries explicitly banned books about Darwinism.
http://www.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/burnedbooks/documents.htm#guidelines

Yep....and the creationists here keep ignoring that fact.

There was thunderous silence on the topic of Christian terrorism when it was raised. I wonder why? And that the vast majority of modern terrorism is carried out by those who believe in God, Muslims internationally and Christians throughout Africa and elsewhere.

It's why none of them will complete the sentence, "Hitler justified Nazi atrocities by appealing to evolution, therefore.......?" They know that whatever they put at the end of the sentence will immediately be applied to Christianity, since Hitler definitely appealed to Christianity to justify his actions.

So rather than let that happen, they just ignore it and hope it goes away.

6days

Lilstu said:
According to Genesis chapter 1, animals were made first....then man. Animals were made at Genesis 1:20-25, ....then man was made at Genesis 1:26-27*

But according to Genesis chapter 2, Man was made first, and then animals were made. Man was made at Genesis 2:7 and then animals at Genesis 2:19
Nice try but all of Gen. 2 is providing some details about creation. It has nothing to do with the order. Also take notice that Gen. 2:19 is past tense.*

6days

gcthomas said:
The Nazis adopted the germ theory of disease when they developed their ideas of cleansing their world of the Jewish*disease, but you wouldn't reject germ theory because of that, would you?
Germ theory was based on science.
The holocaust was largely based on Darwinian beliefs...proven wrong by science.*

Status
Not open for further replies.