Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcthomas

The old goalposts didn't work out for you?

GC...it seems you are willing to believe in vague and wooly 'science'.

No, I don't believe vague and woolly things. And telling me that I do is an interesting, yet ultimately futile, rhetorical exercise.

Feel free to either: reference a solid bit of creation science that wasn't published in an in-house creationist 'journal, or find some 'vague and woolly' thing that you think I believe.

Over to you.

Rosenritter

You have no idea how mistaken you are Rosenritter. But I will not sit idly while you suggest that people not access life saving treatment (or that those who have are fools), if you think me rude for doing that then so be it. I'm going to guess you've read a few websites and been on a few forums and heard a few testimonials so now consider yourself an "expert".

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

There's no point debating with a fool that's wise in their own eyes. And the point was not to debate. I am talking about life-saving treatments. Chemo and radio aren't it, they're dangerous and barbaric, they will kill you, and if they don't kill immediately your immune system will get trashed and the cancer comes back stronger because it wasn't cured.

But the point here is that you weren't asking about life-saving treatments. You didn't ask "what is the alternative" or "where has it worked" but you were rather interested in trash-talking.

6days

gcthomas said:
*No, I don't believe vague and woolly things....find some 'vague and woolly' thing that you think I believe.
You believe in many vague, wooly and false things. The examples are numerous. For example you recently listed a number of different dating methods. You suggested that these methods all agree with each other exactly. That is just one of many examples of your vague and wooly beliefs. The dating methods sometimes agree...often not. And, as I recently showed the dating methods you listed are disregarded, and dates are assigned, to fit with evolutionary beliefs.*

Another example.... a year or so ago you made a vague *claim defending the Piltdown fraud, suggesting it was an example of how science works to disprove things. You suggested the fraud was perpetuated for only a very brief period of time, and never made it into textbooks. You were shown the fraud was still used as a proof of evolutionism in textbooks and journals for MANY years. Amazingly, this year you again made the same vague, wooly, false claims.*
gcthomas said:
reference a solid bit of creation science that wasn't published in an in-house creationist 'journal
Sure..... I can do this as soon as you reference a solid bit of common ancestry 'science' that has been published in a Creationist peer reviewed journal. *We know the hue and cry of subscribers that happens when secular journals inadvertantly publish something that suggests a creator.*
EXAMPLE:*
"Researchers who wrote “design by the Creator” in a paper about the function of the human hand have triggered a debate over the quality of editing and peer review at the journal that published it — and ultimately retracted it."
http://www.nature.com/news/paper-that-says-human-hand-was-designed-by-creator-sparks-concern-1.19499

gcthomas

Sure..... I can do this as soon as you reference a solid bit of common ancestry 'science' that has been published in a Creationist peer reviewed journal. *We know the hue and cry of subscribers that happens when secular journals inadvertantly publish something that suggests a creator.*
You are becoming a caricature of yourself, 6Days. Why on Earth would a reputable scientist try to publish in a journal that openly favours faith over science? They are not scientific journal, 6D. Get a grip, you are starting to flap around.

EXAMPLE:*
"Researchers who wrote “design by the Creator” in a paper about the function of the human hand have triggered a debate over the quality of editing and peer review at the journal that published it — and ultimately retracted it."
http://www.nature.com/news/paper-that-says-human-hand-was-designed-by-creator-sparks-concern-1.19499

Did you agree with the findings of the paper, 6Days? I would have thought that a paper which confirmed the millions of years of evolution would have had you baying for its rejection along with the scientists.

Jose Fly

Note how 6days attempts to paint a picture of equivalency, where there are "secular journals" and "creationist journals"....two equivalent processes occurring in parallel arenas, and it's merely a matter of "interpretation" and "starting points" that differentiates the two.

But as anyone who's even vaguely familiar with science knows, they aren't at all equivalent or even comparable. "Secular journals" (more aptly described as "the scientific literature") is the currency of science and has been for centuries. These journals are where scientists present their ideas, research, analyses, results, and conclusions....it's where they criticize each other, agree with each other, and generally present for the record how they are conducting science. Pretty much every single scientific advancement and achievement has been published, discussed, and analyzed in these journals.

Are "creationist journals" at all similar? Not even close, and we can illustrate that with a simple observation.....not one scientific advancement has ever come about via a publication in a "creationist journal".

So as we can see, 6days may as well be trying to compare and draw equivalencies between NASA and the daily horoscope in the newspaper. In both cases, one is and always has been where actual science takes place, while the other is scientifically irrelevant fodder for believers.

Tyrathca

There's no point debating with a fool that's wise in their own eyes..
:chuckle: Looks who's talking. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black I think.

BTW I'm not wise, just better educated and with better experience :)
And the point was not to debate. I am talking about life-saving treatments. Chemo and radio aren't it, they're dangerous and barbaric, they will kill you, and if they don't kill immediately your immune system will get trashed and the cancer comes back stronger because it wasn't cured..
At the risk of derailing this thread I don't much care if you don't want to debate. You're spouting of stupid ignorant advice about medical treatments with a lot of research showing their effectiveness and their complication rates. You talk as if rates of recurrence, new cancers or length of immunosuppression haven't been studied. FYI people who had chemo years ago and are no longer on any immunosuppressants are not consider to be immunocompromised to any clinically significant degree.

You're incredibly ignorant. Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

But the point here is that you weren't asking about life-saving treatments. You didn't ask "what is the alternative" or "where has it worked" but you were rather interested in trash-talking.
You are trash talking a whole treatment and telling people it is never effective in its intended function. Discusing alternatives is irrelevant to correcting your terrible advice and disrespecting Al for having used them.

Besides I'm highly doubtful you'd have any good information on alternatives given how crudely you describe your current objections. Furthermore I'd be derailing this thread even more than it already is and I'd rather avoid that.

6days

JoseFly said:
not one scientific advancement has ever come about via a publication in a "creationist journal"
Creationists and evolutionists may publish articles about their beliefs of origins. But it is only evolutionist beliefs which have hindered science and harmed people. It is only evolutionists who have fabricated evidence to help sell their beliefs.*

It is only creationist beliefs which helped birth modern science. And according to one famous evolutionist (Loren Eiseley), it is the creationist belief system that *still sustains science today. So... lets just say that Biblical creation is the cornerstone of science in 2016.*

Rosenritter

:chuckle: Looks who's talking. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black I think.

BTW I'm not wise, just better educated and with better experience :)
At the risk of derailing this thread I don't much care if you don't want to debate. You're spouting of stupid ignorant advice about medical treatments with a lot of research showing their effectiveness and their complication rates. You talk as if rates of recurrence, new cancers or length of immunosuppression haven't been studied. FYI people who had chemo years ago and are no longer on any immunosuppressants are not consider to be immunocompromised to any clinically significant degree.

You're incredibly ignorant. Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

. You are trash talking a whole treatment and telling people it is never effective in its intended function. Discusing alternatives is irrelevant to correcting your terrible advice and disrespecting Al for having used them.

Besides I'm highly doubtful you'd have any good information on alternatives given how crudely you describe your current objections. Furthermore I'd be derailing this thread even more than it already is and I'd rather avoid that.

Many medical oncologists recommend chemotherapy for virtually any tumor, with a hopefulness undiscouraged by almost invariable failure.- Albert Braverman MD 1991 Lancet 1991 337 p901 “Medical Oncology in the 90s”

Most cancer patients in this country die of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy does not eliminate breast, colon, or lung cancers. This fact has been documented for over a decade, yet doctors still use chemotherapy for these tumors. – Allen Levin, MD UCSF The Healing of Cancer

Despite widespread use of chemotherapies, breast cancer mortality has not changed in the last 70 years- Thomas Dao, MD NEJM Mar 1975 292 p 707

Just stay with whatever belief system you prefer Ty. If and when you have cancer get yourself poisoned or irradiated. Have faith in it.

Jose Fly

Creationists and evolutionists may publish articles about their beliefs of origins.

Thank you for illustrating my point about you dishonestly (or delusionally) attempting to paint the two as equivalent.

But it is only evolutionist beliefs which have hindered science and harmed people.

Remember this from one of Hitler's speeches in 1936? Probably not since you ignored it the last time I posted it...

I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.

It is only evolutionists who have fabricated evidence to help sell their beliefs.*

Really? So every "piece of the true cross" that's for sale across the world is genuine? Every Christian artifact that's ever been for sale is genuine? There's never been a single fake Biblical artifact?

So... lets just say that Biblical creation is the cornerstone of science in 2016.*

I'm sure that's what you feel you need to believe. More's the pity....

6days

gcthomas said:
Why on Earth would a reputable scientist try to publish in a journal that openly favours faith over science?
Creation scientists would love to publish articles in journals that favor faith based evolutionism...just as many evolutionists would love to publish in faith based creation journals. *But, editors generally cater to their subscribers and print only letters to editor from oppsing belief scientists- and even rarely that.*
gcthomas said:
6days said:
http://www.nature.com/news/paper-tha...oncern-1.19499
Did you agree with the findings of the paper, 6Days?
GC... unable to counter the arguments you keep trying to create new goalposts...and creating strawmen arguments. *This was the reason I gave for the quote from 'Nature'. "We know the hue and cry of subscribers that happens when secular journals inadvertantly publish something that suggests a creator."

Tyrathca

Just stay with whatever belief system you prefer Ty. If and when you have cancer get yourself poisoned or irradiated. Have faith in it.
No faith required. I like to read the actual literature and go with evidence based medicine rather than what some uneducated random cobbled together and quotemined on the Internet without peer review.

This is just more of your typical antiscience conspiracy rhetoric. It's a continuation of your creationism and your antivaccines. I really do wonder if there is any branch of science you think ISN'T part of a conspiracy? Or are you really so smart you know more than all the experts in all these fields?

6days

JoseFly said:
6days said:
Creationists and evolutionists may publish articles about their beliefs of origins, but it is only evolutionist beliefs which have hindered science and harmed people.
Remember this from one of Hitler's speeches in 1936? Probably not since you ignored it the last time I posted it...
“I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.”
Hitler and the Nazi's were evolutionists.They were trying to create the fit, and eliminate the unfit. The holocaust rests on Darwinian beliefs,....not even a tiny bit related to Biblical creation.
Evidence Nazi's were evolutionists...Smoking Gun...http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A2DF50833373740F70C7A2DF50833373740&FORM=VIRE
JoseFly said:
6days said:
Creationists and evolutionists may publish articles about their beliefs of origins. But it is only evolutionist beliefs which have hindered science and harmed people. It is only evolutionists who have fabricated evidence to help sell their beliefs
Really? So every "piece of the true cross" that's for sale across the world is genuine? Every Christian artifact that's ever been for sale is genuine? There's*never*been a single fake Biblical artifact?
Sure.... there are many fake artifacts, I agree. But that has nothing to do with creationism. (You and GC must play dodgeball together?) It is evolutionists who fabricated evidence to try sell their beliefs. (And decades of shoddy conclusions in peer reviewed secular magazines)
BTW.... It would be interesting to see how many people selling the religious artifacts you mention, were evolutionists.

Rosenritter

Thank you for illustrating my point about you dishonestly (or delusionally) attempting to paint the two as equivalent.

I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.

Really? So every "piece of the true cross" that's for sale across the world is genuine? Every Christian artifact that's ever been for sale is genuine? There's never been a single fake Biblical artifact?

I'm sure that's what you feel you need to believe. More's the pity....

The several million pieces of the "true cross" weren't being used to sell people on the idea that there was a cross or that there was a Christ. That was already a given. Neither were any of the other (admittedly absurd fake) relics used in that sense. But I'm sure if we looked really hard high and low we could find someone who has fabricated evidence who wasn't an evolutionist.

Rosenritter

No faith required. I like to read the actual literature and go with evidence based medicine rather than what some uneducated random cobbled together and quotemined on the Internet without peer review.

This is just more of your typical antiscience conspiracy rhetoric. It's a continuation of your creationism and your antivaccines. I really do wonder if there is any branch of science you think ISN'T part of a conspiracy? Or are you really so smart you know more than all the experts in all these fields?

It is written, that a fool answers a matter before he hears it. You serve as an excellent illustration of the proverb.

gcthomas

Creation scientists would love to publish articles in journals that favor faith based evolutionism...just as many evolutionists would love to publish in faith based creation journals. *But, editors generally cater to their subscribers and print only letters to editor from oppsing belief scientists- and even rarely that.*

GC... unable to counter the arguments you keep trying to create new goalposts...and creating strawmen arguments. *This was the reason I gave for the quote from 'Nature'. "We know the hue and cry of subscribers that happens when secular journals inadvertantly publish something that suggests a creator."

Your avoidance of the question is noted.

So, the paper you mentioned specifically refutes your belief in a young earth, and it supports the science of evolution. Why did you reference a paper you don't agree with? (Don't tell me you only read the creationist blog headlines. Say it ain't so!)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your avoidance of the question is noted. So, the paper you mentioned specifically refutes your belief in a young earth, and it supports the science of evolution. Why did you reference a paper you don't agree with? (Don't tell me you only read the creationist blog headlines. Say it ain't so!)

Darwinists cannot survive without irrational nonsense.

That a paper provides some support to an idea is no requirement to accept everything the paper asserts.

Try to develop a rational argument. :up:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Misapplied faith is an opioid to critical thinking. The original gospel of Jesus didn't rely on the Old Testament as a foundation for its authority. The Jewish converts to their new religion about Jesus attempted to substantiate their new faith by relying on their old theology from Judaism. So for 2000 years we were stuck with a real mess that has retarded science and the quest for truth. Sadly, Bibliolatry is retarding the spread of the original gospel.

6days

Darwinists cannot survive without irrational nonsense.

That a paper provides some support to an idea is no requirement to accept everything the paper asserts.

Try to develop a rational argument. :up:
Yes.... Not sure if you followed the exchange with GC, but his 'argument' evolved into irrational nonsense. He wondered why creationists don't publish in secular journals. I showed what happened when even an evolutionist dares to mention the word 'creator'. But, as you suggested, there are some good ideas in the article, although the evolutionists freaked out over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.