Creation vs. Evolution II

6days

gcthomas said:
Intelligence isn't necessarily an element, but is a temporary arrangement of inert material...
There is no intelligence in inert molecules. An intelligence though can arrange inert materials to form a message. Ex. You could take inert materials to make some red and white paint. When you paint a sign saying STOP, we see an intelligent message...but the intelligence is not in the inert material.

redfern

There is no intelligence in inert molecules. An intelligence though can arrange inert materials to form a message. Ex. You could take inert materials to make some red and white paint. When you paint a sign saying STOP, we see an intelligent message...but the intelligence is not in the inert material.
Do you really have an understanding of what “emergent property” means?

6days

Do you really have an understanding of what “emergent property” means?
Well..... it kinda, sorta means that you think if you mix up the correct batch of inert materials,that you soon would have a tub of intelligence? :)
EVERY code has a code maker. Codes come from intelligence... not from inert sugars and phosphates.

redfern

Well..... it kinda, sorta means that you think if you mix up the correct batch of inert materials,that you soon would have a tub of intelligence? :)
I appreciate the acknowledgment that you are commenting from pure ignorance of the subject. Make more sense to discuss how many angels dancing on a pinhead with Cadry than it would be to discuss this with you.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Michael,

Dear Michael,

Got any idea who this Pascal guy was that was wagering?

Got any idea who this Pascal guy was that was wagering?

Bye Michael,

Bye Michael

Dear redfern,

Is that how you spend your time, making fun of a very simple error? Oh yes, I'm not supposed to make an error. You people are unfair and taunting. You do know where you can put your Pascal's wager, don't you?? Heeheeh! Also, no angel could fit on the head of a pin because they are much bigger than you think!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why can’t intelligence be an emergent property of highly complex systems – systems that did not exist initially?

Dear redfern,

Because God existed before your highly complex systems, but you don't see that. Give it up! A divine Being reeks of intelligence!! You're so bent on trying to discredit God, but God above sees and hears what you are doing. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes in the near future. We have a very emergent future!

Casually Yours,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why can’t intelligence be an emergent property of highly complex systems – systems that did not exist initially?

Dear redfern,

Because God existed before your highly complex systems, but you don't see that. Give it up! A divine Being reeks of intelligence!! You're so bent on trying to discredit God, but God above sees and hears what you are doing. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes in the near future.

Casually Yours,

Michael

redfern

Dear redfern,

Is that how you spend your time, making fun of a very simple error?

Michael
Dear Michael,

Sorry about that, I thought it was a new posting style. Since you are the boss of this thread, and sometimes kick people off the thread, I was trying really hard to conform with your example.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I appreciate the acknowledgment that you are commenting from pure ignorance of the subject. Make more sense to discuss how many angels dancing on a pinhead with Cadry than it would be to discuss this with you.

Dear redfern,

You can belittle me all that you want to. God sees what you do and it won't be pretty. Pick your poison, dude.

You Reap What You Sow!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Michael,

Sorry about that, I thought it was a new posting style. Since you are the boss of this thread, and sometimes kick people off the thread, I was trying really hard to conform with your example.

Dear redfern,

I don't know where you are coming from. You have to be pretty rotten to be banned from my thread here. You don't come even close, by the way. Don't worry so much. I have no intention of banning you!! You'd have to be much more dastardly and you don't understand. I'm sure we can still be friends, even if you disagree with me sometimes. You are not even in the same league as the two that got banned.

Sincerely,

Michael

redfern

Dear redfern,

I don't know where you are coming from. You have to be pretty rotten to be banned from my thread here. You don't come even close, by the way. Don't worry so much. I have no intention of banning you!! You'd have to be much more dastardly and you don't understand. I'm sure we can still be friends, even if you disagree with me sometimes. You are not even in the same league as the two that got banned.

Sincerely,

Michael
I will admit the temptation is great, but I shall restrain myself from extending this silly exchange between us even further. The pin for the angel-dance is a really really big pin, so lots of room. I get a mild reprimand for imitating your doubling up lines in a post, only to see you graduate from doubling lines in posts to then double posting entire posts. And I am not sure your assurance that I am not in dire danger of being banned is comforting, since it kinda says maybe I am too wimpy in what I present. Where am I coming from? From the store, just a few minutes ago. Why you wanna know?

Anyway, have a happy season Michael.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous." --H.L. Mencken

Natural Selection is an absolutely irrational, contradictory and utterly ridiculous concept.

--Dave

gcthomas

"The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous." --H.L. Mencken

Natural Selection is an absolutely irrational, contradictory and utterly ridiculous concept.

--Dave

Please, give us your best natural selection contradiction, then we can see if you are making an argument, or just making attempts at witty soundbites like the other YECs here.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I will admit the temptation is great, but I shall restrain myself from extending this silly exchange between us even further. The pin for the angel-dance is a really really big pin, so lots of room. I get a mild reprimand for imitating your doubling up lines in a post, only to see you graduate from doubling lines in posts to then double posting entire posts. And I am not sure your assurance that I am not in dire danger of being banned is comforting, since it kinda says maybe I am too wimpy in what I present. Where am I coming from? From the store, just a few minutes ago. Why you wanna know?

Anyway, have a happy season Michael.

Dear redfern,

When I said 'I don't know where you're coming from' was a referral to you wanting to be careful so you wouldn't get banned. That's the only reason I said it. I meant it as 'where did you get the idea about being banned.' Hey, this is nicer when we get along. I know we are in disagreement concerning one issue, but it's really cool to just chill together. You know, redfern, I used to be so very kind and considerate of others feelings. But with DavisBJ, and Silent Hunter, and even Hedshaker, they have put me in modes of upsetting anger and saying words I would never use in the first place. After over 3 and 1/2 years, it starts to get to you, and especially with Silent Hunter and DavisBJ, and more recently, Hedshaker.

Will close for now. Enjoy the feelings of love and peacetime that we still have right now. This is a very wonderful holiday feeling and fun times!! I wish it would last all year 'round. People are different at Christmastime. Love and warm feelings abound! I wish you the very best, redfern!!

Praise God,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

--Dave

Dear Dave,

Wow! I was thinking of you and noticed that your birthday was recently. I thought you didn't come here anymore, so I didn't make you a Birthday Thread!! Hope your birthday was exceptional this year! Really good to hear from you again. My other thread got so long, that we had to start a new Part II Thread. Well Dave, I'm fighting hard to type this message. I have been up all night and now it is almost 5:30 a.m. and I HAVE TO get to bed. I am falling asleep at the keyboard! I would love it if you would be strong and post again later tonight or in the morning probably where you are. I'm in Phoenix, AZ, so it's usually warm here and the time is different. Good Night!! So good to hear from you again, finally!! Don't be a stranger anymore!!

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Please, give us your best natural selection contradiction, then we can see if you are making an argument, or just making attempts at witty soundbites like the other YECs here.

Mindless nature cannot select anything, by definition a selection requires mind.

--Dave