Creation vs. Evolution II

Rosenritter

So who observed God that we have reliable testimony from? Can you prove this invisible being exists at all? And if so, how can you verify words recorded 2000-4000 years ago and be certain that they haven't changed through the hundreds (if not thousands) of revisions and transcriptions?

Let's do a quick study: Who do you know personally who has either
A) been turned into a pillar of salt
B) has seen someone turned into a pillar of salt
?

I know someone who has personally turned someone into a pillar of salt. Next question?

Rosenritter

Such little school you must've attended to know so little about this.

We have core samples drilled through miles (layers from millions of years worth of sediment deposit) to know exactly what the rates of growth for reefs were at all times in Earth's history. ALL TIMES

And we know that there have been no changes in the earth environment that could move around vast amounts of sediment coral at once, right? Do you have a core sample for that one?

Rosenritter

How do you explain the fact that the "sun" was created after there was already light, waters, land, skies, and vegetation?

What you're missing here is that "light" and "darkness" and "days" throughout the Pentateuch are reckoned by the rising and setting of the sun. Thus, your theory that the "sun" was created on Day Four contradicts the biblical evidence.

The sun does give light. That doesn't mean that the sun is the only possible source of light. If God says "let there be light" there is light. If God says "let there be a sun" there is a sun. God's quite capable of making light out of nothing if he requires. He can make a sun later.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
From a scientific perspective, “light” generally means lots of photons with wavelengths that our eyes are sensitive to, and darkness means few photons with those wavelengths. So God created lots of photons, and He separated those lots of photons from not lots of photons? What a dorky way of expressing it – “separating light from darkness”. When you turn on the light in a dark room, do you declare you are separating light from darkness?

Had kinda uneven task loading that creation week. 3 days getting this pinpoint-sized speck of matter called earth that we live on set up (speaking from an astronomical perspective), and then on day 4 He has to hurry right along and create billions of galaxies, each one with billions of stars, and probably planets as well. Maybe our planet earth was a first-time experience learning how to do this creating task?
Well, after all, earth is the most complex planet in the universe

Greg Jennings

And we know that there have been no changes in the earth environment that could move around vast amounts of sediment coral at once, right? Do you have a core sample for that one?

You really know nothing about this. It's not coral being measured. It's layers of sediment deposited, some of which may partially consist of organic matter but some will not too. And we can see evidence of flood of asteroid impact or whatever else in the layers in any given area. And what we see are millions of years worth of layers. Not jumbled dirty masses, but sorted layers of sediment. Floods don't lay down layer after layer neatly.

What exactly is your supposed expertise in this field anyway? In what way have you ever interacted with the geologic community?

6days

Geeg Jennings said:
6days said:
Are you aware that dates from the lab is sometimes ignored, and dates are simply assigned to fit evolutionary beliefs?
Which implies that fraud is regularly committed by scientists.
For some reason you want to make this fraud? I didn't suggest that. The evolutionists sincerely believed the radiometric dating results of 200+ million years. *A few years later a skull was found and Leaky said that the tuff had to be less than 5 million. The *radiometeic results were ignored and the current date which is assigned by concensus is 1.82 million. It isn't fraud... but it does show how sometimes the data is ignored and dates are assigned to coincide with evolutionary beliefs.*
Greg Jennings said:
*I asked you for an example (admittedly contentiously) and you provided a situation where a date was improperly assigned...
Which date do you think was improper...the radiometric date? Or the date assigned by concensus?*

6days

redfern said:
..then on day 4 He has to hurry right along and create billions of galaxies, each one with billions of stars, and probably planets as well.
Mind boggling.... absolutely amazing. Our Milky Way is only one of billions of galaxies...each containing a couple hundred billion stars. And some of those stars could hold millions of our suns.*

In the Old testament, stars are said to be as uncountable as the sands on the sea shore. That was back in a time when some people thought there was perhaps a couple thousand stars. Today we know there are more stars ( and likely even more planets) than all the earths sea shore sand.*

And from all the vastness of space, God created earth as a place for the 'crown jewel' of His creation....you and me. And yet, we think we are in control of of lives and reject Him. What I deserve Is Hell. Yet, the Maker of the Stars loves me. Amazing love, how can it be...that thou my God should die for me? *
"That is why he is the one who mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins " Heb. 9:15

6days

Now let's consider what (evolutionists) believe. You believe that a block of salt evolved into the human in the first place! Except with your story, there is no God, and no conceivable nor rational nor scientific way for this to happen.
ha...yes. But that block of 'salt' originated from......? A quantum fluctuation? which originated from....turtles all the way down?

Stuu

You've got to watch what you say in your posts so that you don't get banned again.
Thanks for thinking of me. But I don't pay the money so the mods don't particularly care, and fair enough, since the owners and subscribers pay. But those who complain do that as a substitute for having a decent conversation, which is a shame. You don't strike me as a complainer though, so good on you.

May God Fill Your Heart
Blood fills my heart, and I prefer it that way.

Stuart

Stuu

In the Old testament, stars are said to be as uncountable as the sands on the sea shore. That was back in a time when some people thought there was perhaps a couple thousand stars. Today we know there are more stars ( and likely even more planets) than all the earths sea shore sand.
So the OT is wrong about stars being uncountable?!

Stuart

redfern

Mind boggling.... absolutely amazing. Our Milky Way is only one of billions of galaxies...each containing a couple hundred billion stars. And some of those stars could hold millions of our suns.

In the Old Testament, stars are said to be as uncountable as the sands on the sea shore. That was back in a time when some people thought there was perhaps a couple thousand stars. Today we know there are more stars (and likely even more planets) than all the earths sea shore sand.

Equally amazing is that the vast majority of humanity couldn’t see even 1% of 1% of what you describe, and even today we have only surveyed a tiny bit of the universe that is close to us. God might have impressed Himself, but I can’t see much value in creating a universe so vast that almost no one knew how big, and the vastness itself means diddly-squat to how humans conduct their lives.

"That is why he is the one who mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins " Heb. 9:15

I musta not been called then, cause I think that individuals should be willing to be held accountable for their own conduct, and not try to shirk being accountable by dumping responsibility on a scapegoat.

redfern

1. Has not been observed.
2. Has been observed and recorded.
3. Irrelevant as anatomy not required for speech, proved by human observation.
4. Has been observed.
5. Has been observed.
6. Has been observed.

You seem to not understand the word "science." Not my fault you refuse to believe data that you dislike the implications of.
When someone disagrees, productive conversation is facilitated when they respond with enough detail to show why they disagree.

Rivers

The sun does give light. That doesn't mean that the sun is the only possible source of light. If God says "let there be light" there is light. If God says "let there be a sun" there is a sun. God's quite capable of making light out of nothing if he requires. He can make a sun later.

I don't think this explanation works in Genesis 1:3 because the passage says there was "evening and morning, day and night" which is what the writer later indicated requires the sun (Genesis 1:14-18). Where do you see anything in the context that indicates there was a different "light" for the first three days of Creation? Where did that other "light" go on the 4th Day?

redfern

Thanks!

Stuart
Stuu, now be nice. Don’t post any words stronger than “darn”, don’t step on anyone’s toes, tread very gently when contesting belief of the locals, etc, etc, and maybe you can avoid your all-too-frequent enforced vacations.

Jose Fly

The *radiometeic results were ignored

Now you're lying again. Obviously the results can't be both ignored and documented and reported in the scientific literature.

But as before, you'll just keep repeating this talking point even though you know it's not true. Such is the nature of creationism.