Coronavirus slowing down.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
BB12e1Fj.img

In the middle of a worldwide pandemic, people won't forget that the Wisconsin Republican Party and the conservative courts, in their infinite wisdom, forced the voters to leave the safety of their homes during a statewide medical "lockdown" to spend hours in line waiting to vote in a Primary!

Such a decision shows a callous and reckless disregard for the personal safety of the electorate - Milwaukee with a population of approximately 600000 usually has 180 polls, but the workers who usually staff them had the good sense not to participate so now they have only 5 polls - so instead of 1 poll for ever 3666 people, its one for every 1200000!

The Republicans are hoping to suppress the Democratic vote to elect an incumbent Republican judge on the Wisconsin State Court - if COVID-19 cases start to spike in the next 1-3 weeks, followed by a dramatic increase in pandemic related deaths, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes!

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
In the middle of a worldwide pandemic, people won't forget that the Wisconsin Republican Party and the conservative courts, in their infinite wisdom, forced the voters to leave the safety of their homes during a statewide medical "lockdown" to spend hours in line waiting to vote in a Primary!

Such a decision shows a callous and reckless disregard for the personal safety of the electorate - Milwaukee with a population of approximately 600000 usually has 150 polls, but the workers who usually staff them refused to participate so now they have only 5 polls - so instead of 1 poll for ever 4000 people, its one for every 1200000!

The state government was forced to bring in the national guard to operate the polls!

this is how democracy works in America - by voting and through the courts

perhaps you do things differently in Canada?

eider

[h=1]Coronavirus slowing down.[/h]
I'm glad to see that your markets are rising again, but yesterday saw the highest infection and fatality figures in the US so far.

We have not really slowed down in Europe yet, and Europe is probably nearer the top of the peak than the US.
Whatever happens, it might be a very bad idea to relax isolation and lockdown guidelines now.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad to see that your markets are rising again, but yesterday saw the highest infection and fatality figures in the US so far.

We have not really slowed down in Europe yet, and Europe is probably nearer the top of the peak than the US.
Whatever happens, it might be a very bad idea to relax isolation and lockdown guidelines now.

The thing is, it appear that many of those that don't believe in God tend to be the ones that are driving the fear and panic. Martin Luther said it well how it should be with believers...

"I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”

eider

The thing is, it appear that many of those that don't believe in God tend to be the ones that are driving the fear and panic. Martin Luther said it well how it should be with believers...
Where I live there does not appear to be fear and panic, and our leaders are certainly not driving it. That's UK.

You see? Martin Luther carried out all the sterilisings and isolation necessary. That's not panic, it's common sense, surely? He was no fool.

"I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.

Gary K

Banned

"I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”

Amen, Hobie. Individual thought and action rather than government control. Luther said it well.

ok doser

Where I live there does not appear to be fear and panic, and our leaders are certainly not driving it. That's UK.

Gosh - the UK sure sounds like a swell, stiff-upper lip sort of place, doesn't it?

but on the off chance that you're full of hooey, I did a quick google search of "fear panic united kingdom coronavirus" and got 26,400,000 results, such as the following:

The coronavirus panic is turning the UK into a hostile environment for east Asians

UK officials fear coronavirus will infect 80% of country, last another year

‘We Are Frightened’: U.K. Doctors Brace for a Coronavirus Explosion

Hospitals will soon be overwhelmed with patients they can’t treat properly, doctors say, because of the British government’s mishandling of the pandemic.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Unfortunately, these are the same individuals who continue to put their faith in a President who up until a month ago was dismissing COVID-19 as a "hoax" - his word, not mine!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
this is how democracy works in America - by voting and through the courts

perhaps you do things differently in Canada?
TOL RULES

Please do not stalk another TOL member. If you do not agree with a TOL member, do not follow that member around the TOL forum engaging them in every thread (even unrelated to the disagreement). If we determine you are a forum stalker we will ban you.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
TOL RULES

Please do not stalk another TOL member. If you do not agree with a TOL member, do not follow that member around the TOL forum engaging them in every thread (even unrelated to the disagreement). If we determine you are a forum stalker we will ban you.

Why do you keep posting that, if people stalk, just ignore it.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
But I have to admit, it seems more and more that there are some that are hoping to keep the country closed down for their own purposes....

ok doser

But I have to admit, it seems more and more that there are some that are hoping to keep the country closed down for their own purposes....

Democrats and Trump-haters. Destruction of the economy is, for them, a small price to pay to win the election.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want my family, loved ones and a good portion of society safe and healthy. That means taking the necessary steps to stomp out and contain the virus.

Then again, my values are superior to that of a ruler or party putting political power and money above lives.

ok doser

Then again, my values are superior to that of a ruler or party putting political power and money above lives.

you're referring to Pelosi ignoring the looming crisis while focusing on a partisan impeachment process?