Conversion.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No Church but "My" Church

No Church but "My" Church

I knew exactly how he felt because I was going through the same thing, but it would be another year or so before I heeded the call, “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues”.

A truly and effectually converted man cannot stay in the denominations. The spirit at work in them will be poison to his soul.

This is not unexpected. It is not as if there have been folks here and about who refuse to covenant with a local assembly. For these sorts all the teachings of Holy Writ concerning the organization of a visible vestige of Our Lord's Bride are apparently irrelevant. One wonders why God the Holy Spirit bothered to even have the writers of Scripture pen these teachings down in our canon.

Of course, some will be of the Harold Camping sort, declaring the Church Age has ended and all visible churches are apostate now. I suspect Robert Pate must be on your (Truster) radar as someone who speaks the truth. Add to that the numerous Mid-Acts folks here that eschew corporate assembly, other than coffee at McDonald's or the like. Sigh.

AMR

Truster

Not a day passes when someone somewhere declares himself to be beyond categorization, for they swell themselves up with pride thinking they stand where no other has come before them.

The plain fact of the matter is that whenever a man begins to state or write something about what they hold dear, they have begun the path towards a label of some sort. One need only engage further, and if they answer honestly, what will emerge is a category of beliefs that has a label attached to it. After all, who denies the label, Christian, other than the non-believer? Within that broad label lie many a system of beliefs, if one is informed about theological matters of doctrine, that when explicated in the light of day will inevitably fit into more specific labels. This is but a means for the like minded to communicate effectively. I realize that some make these labels hills to die upon, but they are simply over eager or uninformed. Instead, these tidy labels enable discussion, especially theological discussion, to move forward efficiently.

The man who denies he can be labeled once his beliefs are laid out in the light of the day, is a man who is either unaware of that which he holds dear or is bound over by self-righteousness.

AMR

I don't use the term Christ I use the given term Messiah. I don't use the term God, because I know what it means, who first used it and why it was transliterated from German. I don't use the term gospel, but prefer the transliterated word evangelism.

My label is this. I have been bought and I have been brought and I know for an absolute certainty I shall be kept. Until I stand in my flesh and see my Redeemer.

I know that you feel uncomfortable with all these statements but, that's the way it always has been. Ever since Cain saw the Abels sacrifice being accepted. Someone said that Cain slays Abel in every generation. Amen.

Truster

This is not unexpected. It is not as if there have been folks here and about who refuse to covenant with a local assembly. For these sorts all the teachings of Holy Writ concerning the organization of a visible vestige of Our Lord's Bride are apparently irrelevant. One wonders why God the Holy Spirit bothered to even have the writers of Scripture pen these teachings down in our canon.

Of course, some will be of the Harold Camping sort, declaring the Church Age has ended and all visible churches are apostate now. I suspect Robert Pate must be on your (Truster) radar as someone who speaks the truth. Add to that the numerous Mid-Acts folks here that eschew corporate assembly, other than coffee at McDonald's or the like. Sigh.

AMR

Pate and truth should never be mentioned in the same sentence. I nearly spat at my keyboard in disgust. Only a pervert could suggest such a thing.

I didn't say the ecclesia age has ended. It is thriving, but void of the likes of you.

"I will build my ecclesia and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it".

So you were a traitor to Roman Catholicism. A traitor to Jesuits. Any others as you change denominations as often as cars? I remember a guy like you who got caught up in reformed dogma. He dragged his family from pillar to post trying to settle. he never found peace...

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Moral Inability of the Lost

Moral Inability of the Lost

The self same spirit who moves in a man to pray, when he knows not what to pray for, cries out. Not the man.
When that cry comes out of a man he knows its not him because it comes from a depth he didn't realise he had. It seems to start in his toes and travels straight through him like an arrow until he hears the cry himself. O my God help me.

The "my" is possessive. Any calls in the past have been O God help me...without the help of the Spirit. Ineffectual noise.
In other words, he who calls upon the name of the Lord was so enabled to do so by God. For had he not been so enabled, he would never have so done. I do not know why you wish to take a circuitous route to answer a simple question.

AMR

Truster

In other words, he who calls upon the name of the Lord was so enabled to do so by God. For had he not been so enabled, he would never have so done. I do not know why you wish to take a circuitous route to answer a simple question.

AMR

I was answering as per the scriptures and personal experience. I can't help but notice your complete inability to rejoice in the truth. Your mind must be busy concocting false accusations.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bought Brought and Kept

Bought Brought and Kept

I don't use the term Christ I use the given term Messiah. I don't use the term God, because I know what it means, who first used it and why it was transliterated from German. I don't use the term gospel, but prefer the transliterated word evangelism.

My label is this. I have been bought and I have been brought and I know for an absolute certainty I shall be kept. Until I stand in my flesh and see my Redeemer.
Your affinity for the Hebrew Roots Movement has been noted since your arrival on the scene.

You label is "Christian". Most Christians will affirm "bought and brought and kept".

Do you think Elohim knew you would be among those "bought and brought and kept"? I assume you would agree that Elohim sovereignly administers all that occurs.

AMR

Truster

Your affinity for the Hebrew Roots Movement has been noted since your arrival on the scene.

You label is "Christian". Most Christians will affirm "bought and brought and kept".

Do you think Elohim knew you would be among those "bought and brought and kept"? I assume you would agree that Elohim sovereignly administers all that occurs.

AMR

I have no affinity to any movements. Although I am aware such people exist.

I understand you would love a label, but there is none, beyond what I have stated, not claimed, stated.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Church Age Has Not Ended

The Church Age Has Not Ended

Pate and truth should never be mentioned in the same sentence. I nearly spat at my keyboard in disgust. Only a pervert could suggest such a thing.
Heh. Apparently there are some things that even the disagreeable will agree upon.

I didn't say the ecclesia age has ended. It is thriving, but void of the likes of you.
Where is it then? Why are you not assembling therein each Sabbath Day?

So you were a traitor to Roman Catholicism. A traitor to Jesuits. Any others as you change denominations as often as cars? I remember a guy like you who got caught up in reformed dogma. He dragged his family from pillar to post trying to settle. he never found peace...
Well, to be fair, if you are changing cars every forty years or so, you are meeting my standard. See what I did there?

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Plain speaking avoids confusion

Plain speaking avoids confusion

I was answering as per the scriptures and personal experience. I can't help but notice your complete inability to rejoice in the truth. Your mind must be busy concocting false accusations.
No, I can see that you permit yourself plenty of wiggle room in discussion, preferring to avoid plain speak. Not a day passes that a Mormon or open theist herein will use the "per the Scriptures" in hopes their mimicry of Holy Writ will allow them to pass by without notice.

I have little patience for persons who refuse to engage sincerely. I will assume my previous summary of your "answering per the scriptures..." was accurate.

AMR

Truster

No, I can see that you permit yourself plenty of wiggle room in discussion, preferring to avoid plain speak. Not a day passes that a Mormon or open theist herein will use the "per the Scriptures" in hopes their mimicry of Holy Writ will allow them to pass by without notice.

I have little patience for persons who refuse to engage sincerely. I will assume my summary of your "answering per the scriptures..." was accurate.

AMR

You have little patience for anyone outside of "Reformed". They are all hell bound, but the "reformed" church within a church has the creeds and the statements of faith and the dogma and the proselytes and the ability to cut and paste.

If you are unable to recognise the scriptures in my statement then it's about time you acquainted yourself with the Bible.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Walks and Talks Like One...Is One

Walks and Talks Like One...Is One

I understand you would love a label, but there is none, beyond what I have stated, not claimed, stated.
Of course there is. You affirm the sovereignty of Elohim. You affirm only He possesses free will. I could go on, but you know where this is headed. You can add some rhetorical flourishes, Hebraisms, and the like, but the shoe fits, Truster.

AMR

Lon

Stop the martyrdom pejoratives. He isn't rejoicing because you spit lemon juice and vinegar on your keyboard. Nobody can steal my joy, BUT I certainly am not encouraged to 'share it' with you when you are like this. You've renounced our citizenship in heaven (you did, the Lord Jesus Christ isn't allowed apparently) and renounced fellowship. Well, there you go sport. You made your bed. Don't try and cast dispersions on another when you are the sour-grapes. If you quote the most beautiful Psalm with a scowl, I'm going to find another place to fellowship. Believe me, the fault does NOT lie with me, AMR, or anyone else looking at your ugly mug. It isn't that it is naturally ugly, but rather the way you hold your face.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can Anything Good Come Out of Wales?

Can Anything Good Come Out of Wales?

You have little patience for anyone outside of "Reformed". They are all hell bound, but the "reformed" church within a church has the creeds and the statements of faith and the dogma and the proselytes and the ability to cut and paste.
If I had little patience for anyone outside of historic Reformed views, one needs to explain my years presence here at a site that considers such views the polar opposite of their Arminianism, open theism, Arianism, and New Age mysticism.

Further, I have not consigned those that disagree with my views to perdition. I leave that to the likes of Pate, and apparently, yourself.

Cast all the stones you care to, Truster, but the desperation behind them is not going unnoticed.

AMR

Truster

Of course there is. You affirm the sovereignty of Elohim. You affirm only He possesses free will. I could go on, but you know where this is headed. You can add some rhetorical flourishes, Hebraisms, and the like, but the shoe fits, Truster.

AMR

If you speak of the Biblical doctrines, I so love and with human weakness defend, then I am guilty of reading the scriptures and saying amen. A step further is pure presumption on your part and that is your problem not mine.

Lon

:nono: Not at all. We disagree but not toward salvation. You 'can' hold a different view of something about scripture and yet not earn disfellowship. You SHOULD extend the same to those who disagree with you, AND scripturally realize which issues are deal breakers and which are not. He IS able to save to the uttermost, those who are perishing. That you don't want them saved is beside the point. Whether HE wants them saved is the issue. You don't GET to run to Jeremiah trying to pronounce gloom and doom, especially when it was addressed ONLY to false prophets. Here, read this: Jeremiah 3:12,14,22 Jeremiah 31:33

If you are unable to recognise the scriptures in my statement then it's about time you acquainted yourself with the Bible.
Scriptures from this post? :nono: Not a one.

Truster

If I had little patience for anyone outside of historic Reformed views, one needs to explain my years presence here at a site that considers such views the polar opposite of their Arminianism, open theism, Arianism, and New Age mysticism.

Further, I have not consigned those that disagree with my views to perdition. I leave that to the likes of Pate, and apparently, yourself.

Cast all the stones you care to, Truster, but the desperation behind them is not going unnoticed.

AMR

You have an ability to notice desperation? but the scriptures go right over your head. Say's a lot.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I cannot be labeled for I stand alone among all the faithful

I cannot be labeled for I stand alone among all the faithful

If you speak of the Biblical doctrines, I so love and with human weakness defend, then I am guilty of reading the scriptures and saying amen. A step further is pure presumption on your part and that is your problem not mine.
Well, we will just whisper about these labels behind your back, Truster.

You claim all who disagree with you lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent.
You claim a Reformed person like myself holds all others in contempt and condemnation, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

Does any of the irony of your prior strident statements strike you as a wee bit odd?

Why are you exempt from that which you are caviling against? :idunno:

AMR

Truster

The gathering of the self-justifying "Reformed" is taking place.

Helmet of salvation.... check. Shield of trust... check, belt of truth...check. Take a few of ignore? nah, why bother. Same old, same old, spirit of Cain.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AMR

You have an ability to notice desperation? but the scriptures go right over your head. Say's a lot.
Moving the goal posts in hopes of avoiding the answer to your charges? Is this the best you have?

AMR