Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
8d74c48fe2ec30f37207ddd5edf60245.jpg

jsanford108

flat earth cause of the tides

https://youtu.be/EPSxzCuWeMs - 13 minutes - Clink on link for full screen

[MENTION=19469]jsanford108[/MENTION]

FASCINATING VIDEO

I personally have never accepted that the gravitational pull of the moon is what causes tides; it doesn't make sense from a physics perspective. How can the pull of the moon affect ocean tide, but no other entities (such as lakes, rivers, ponds, wind, clouds, etc). My personal opinion is that various seismic activities cause them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm not worried about you saying more than me.
Then the last word gambit was wasted.

You're not my type and I don't like you as a person.
Heck, PJ, you keep that up and you're going to hurt my feelings.

You're petty, vindictive and you talk too much.
My problem with you in a nutshell: you make stuff up because it suits you and can't tell an honest narrative from your emotional state.

I don't care what kind of world your son grows up in.
Now that sort of sounds petty, vindictive and a sentiment better choked off before you hit send.

People, many who are Christians, believe a flat earth is possible.
Some people who are Christians can't locate Washington D.C. on a map. But being Christian has nothing to do with believing in a flat earth or map troubles. It's just a bad use of a Venn diagram.

That has no effect on your boy or you.
The less rational, the more easily misled a people are the less stable and more vulnerable their society is, which impacts me and mine along with everyone else.

You're consumed with the dangers of conspiracy theories and how "it hurts the world"?
Fewer than 50 posts against your working on 500 and I'm consumed by something?

If that wasn't so liberal and ridiculous I'd laugh in your face.
See, this is what I'm talking about. Lazy thinking breeds this sort of imagination and declared truth in lieu of of understanding and the reasoned. It doesn't surprise me that a guy who would choose to believe the world is flat would take the easiest route to demonizing and dismissing anyone noting the fantasy of it.

Pathetic. I realize you don't get the attention you adored here for years anymore but get a life.
So that's a "No" on the whole Christmas card exchange then.

If you can't debate a topic in the last few pages then go away please.
Debate requires reason, not the willingness to foist the half-cocked nonsense of a pack of hucksters and goofballs. If you host a thread about foolishness you should expect some ribbing. Being this thin skinned over that note reminds me of Shirley MacLaine being upset because people made fun of her religious views.

You're only trying to get me to cuss you out again...
So it's not only your scientific beliefs that are beyond your control...good to know.

Why can't you read a post and reply point by point without slicing it up into little bits at a time?
Those would be taking a thing point by point, though I frequently leave off repetition and nonsense, as with some of your personal bits in this.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Flat Earth: A Conspiracy Too Big? Featuring Danny Faulkner of Answers in Genesis

From video description: Is Biblical Cosmology just too big of a conspiracy to be true? Danny Faulkner seems to think so. However, his position is complicated by the fact that he believes "Evolution" to be demonstrably false and yet it persists as the premier biological theory taught in grade schools and colleges alike. How is one too big a conspiracy and the other is not?

https://youtu.be/jisf6XMsPK8?list=LL2aFQcGgRoVuEWfx2AM0H-A - 9 Minutes - Click link for full screen

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
From a fellow elsewhere:

I first heard about the Flat Earth Society in my 8th grade math class in 1961. The Society was first organized in 1904 in England, died out several times when its founders died, and is back in another iteration now

The origin of the Flat Earth Movement was an 1838 experiment to measure the curvature of the earth directly on a six mile straight stretch of canal known as he Bedford Level. A boat was rowed the 6 miles with a flag 3’ above the water. The flag should have been 11’ below the horizon at the end, but the entire boat was still visible, suggesting that the world is actually flat.

The result was due to refraction due to the observing telescope’s having been placed only 8" above the water. No less than Alfred Russel Wallace accepted a challenge in 1870 to prove the earth was not flat. He had been trained as a surveyor, and knew about the refraction problem, so he placed poles 13’ above the water at the 3 and 6 mile points, and set a theodolite at the same height to sight them. As predicted from a 25,000-mile earth, the middle pole appeared to be 3’ higher than the end points.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is a link to actual photos of Neptune taken by the Hubble telescope. It's amazing. Better yet, it's true.

Don't believe people who want you to buy into a theory that requires the suspension of reason and cannot offer a single unifying reason why anyone would attempt to pull off a generational and world wide hoax that would satisfy anyone not cut from their cloth.