College Football 2015

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
5 Pitt players, so Tet can brag some more.

That's Right !!!

And, Dan Marino (who played at Pitt) didn't even make the list.

Marino was great as a freshman, sophomore, and Junior (three straight 11-1 seasons), but Jackie Sherrill left, and Pitt and Marino struggled in his final year with a new head coach despite being the preseason #1

1982 was a good year for college football in the state of Pennsylvania. Pitt was the preseason #1, and Penn St. was the final #1

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And this is what the BCS gave us. Before the SEC and ESPN soiled it by fixing the deck (over ranking). Of course ESPN was paid $2 billion to do it no matter how stupid Mark May and Kirk Herbstreit sound on TV.

USC Texas Rose Bowl

This game doesn't happen without the BCS. Or Miami-Ohio State. Or USC and Oklahoma, of which OU was humiliated. And Oklahoma-Florida where OU lost but didn't get humiliated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The always incorrect AP preseason top 25 is out. Ohio State is the first ever unanimous number 1 in the pre-season poll. I can see unanimous after the season.....

The really wrong stuff is based on last year, like TCU. TCU is behind Baylor until they can beat them. You would never know they both lost to Michigan State in recent bowl games, because that does not fit what the financers (SEC-ESPN) want. In last year's final poll, they left Oregon number 2 even though it was obvious they are a level behind Alabama and Ohio State. Then it was TCU. They and Baylor both played with a huge chip on their shoulder in their bowl games. TCU played a mediocre team, Baylor played a good one. Baylor lost.

And then there is Arkansas. They went 7-6 (2-6) and beat Northern Illinois, UAB and Nicholls State for three of their wins. But they only lost to Alabama by 1. With all of that, plus SEC, rank 'em.

Good thing the committee didn't fall for the shenanigans last year.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The always incorrect AP preseason top 25 is out. Ohio State is the first ever unanimous number 1 in the pre-season poll. I can see unanimous after the season.....

The really wrong stuff is based on last year, like TCU. TCU is behind Baylor until they can beat them. You would never know they both lost to Michigan State in recent bowl games, because that does not fit what the financers (SEC-ESPN) want. In last year's final poll, they left Oregon number 2 even though it was obvious they are a level behind Alabama and Ohio State. Then it was TCU. They and Baylor both played with a huge chip on their shoulder in their bowl games. TCU played a mediocre team, Baylor played a good one. Baylor lost.

And then there is Arkansas. They went 7-6 (2-6) and beat Northern Illinois, UAB and Nicholls State for three of their wins. But they only lost to Alabama by 1. With all of that, plus SEC, rank 'em.

Good thing the committee didn't fall for the shenanigans last year.

it is off to begin with every year really.

anyway, Missouri could go 12-0

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dalvin Cook found not guilty in 30 minutes.

A photo of the accuser showed a split lip on her left side but not a significant amount of bruising on the upper or lower lip or side of her face. She declined medical treatment, however, saying she wanted to tell the facts of the incident to the responding TPD officer.

The accuser's could not immediately identify who struck her at the scene and instead did so days later after her friend, who knew Rudolph, pulled up his social media account and found a group photo. She recognized the person as Cook, but did not know his name until she showed the photo of Cook to her father, an FSU fan who told his daughter who the player was.

And the accuser's friend was discredited on the stand as inconsistencies in her story came to light throughout the court proceedings.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Let's get some Heisman picks up in here. I'll give a top 3:

1. Ezekiel Elliott, RB OSU
2. Cody Kessler, QB USC
3. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's get some Heisman picks up in here. I'll give a top 3:

1. Ezekiel Elliott, RB OSU Saint Louis...Im just sayin
Cody Kessler is probably the best NFL prospect at QB right now. Him and the OSU back up. The funny part of him is, he is the best NFL QB in Ohio. To be fair, as much as I loathe Johnny Football, he made some decent decisions in that alleged football game I watched between Buffalo and Cleveland.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In a hopefully final piece of off season news, New Jersey lived up to their criminal ways.

Five current Rutgers football players, including the cornerback at the center of a university-led investigation into coach Kyle Flood, were charged Thursday with assaulting a group of individuals, including one student whose jaw was broken during the unprovoked attack, Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey and Anthony A. Caputo, director of the New Brunswick Police Department, announced.

The current Rutgers players charged in the attack were identified as: Ruhann Peele, 22, and Nadir Barnwell, 20, both of Piscataway; Razohnn Gross, 20, of Franklin Park and Delon Stephenson, 22, of Sayreville.

Delon Stephenson's brother, Daryl Stephenson, 23, a former Rutgers student from Sayreville, remains at large, police said.

The police had to show up at practice to get them. I wonder if they cooperated or resisted. Because if you make the police come and get you, they are going to bring something with them.

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
Before tonight kicks off, I'll offer my playoff predictions. I welcome anyone else to do the same. It's fun.

1. Ohio State
2. Baylor
3. Auburn
4. UCLA

Semis: Baylor over Auburn, OSU over UCLA
Final: Baylor over OSU

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Baylor isn't good enough and they had one of the worst non conference schedules last year and this year.

In fact, one of them was last (Baylor and TCU), the other was near the bottom.

If they go undefeated (How can they not) they might be in. If they are in it will depend on seeding and who they draw. Look at last year. It should have been Oregon-OSU in the Rose Bowl and FSU-Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. For more than one reason. But Oregon made it to the championship game despite being a long way from the toughest opponent OSU faced last year. Which was probably Alabama.

But some of that is my opinion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For those that don't know much about Wisconsin other than 2000 yard running backs, you aren't missing anything. They are still that team. They will line up with double tight ends at times. They are similar to Nick Saban's Alabama team. They are physical at the line. However, Alabama has better players and should win this slug fest.

Wisconsin will be led by Corey Clement. He had 1000 (949) yards last year. That is a bunch of yards for somebody who mostly played in the fourth quarter. Said another way, Melvin Gordon got his 2500 yards playing on 3 quarters a game. I can say he had the best single season ever, even though his total was a little short of Barry Sanders.

Alabama will run behind Derrick Henry, the one time top overall running back prospect. Ahead of players like Zeke Elliot. Henry is 240 lbs and runs like a deer. Good luck with that SEC West.

I like Alabama to win by having a deeper roster.

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
Baylor isn't good enough and they had one of the worst non conference schedules last year and this year.

In fact, one of them was last (Baylor and TCU), the other was near the bottom.

If they go undefeated (How can they not) they might be in. If they are in it will depend on seeding and who they draw. Look at last year. It should have been Oregon-OSU in the Rose Bowl and FSU-Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. For more than one reason. But Oregon made it to the championship game despite being a long way from the toughest opponent OSU faced last year. Which was probably Alabama.

But some of that is my opinion.

Totally agree with you on Baylor's schedule. They almost have to win out. But I think they're plenty good enough. All those returning starters should make the D easily the best in the Big XII (except maybe Texas), and Petty was great but it's a system. We all know that. Seth Russell will probably be in Heisman contention this year based purely on stats.

TCU lost a ton on D, which is why I am picking Baylor. Plus last year the Bears gave OU their worst home loss in Stoops's tenure, so I have faith that they can get it done in Ft. Worth and Stillwater.

Again, agree with you on Bama from last year. Clearly the number 2 (if not #1; OSU might've caught them sleeping) team from last season

SamuelJ

BANNED
Banned
For those that don't know much about Wisconsin other than 2000 yard running backs, you aren't missing anything. They are still that team. They will line up with double tight ends at times. They are similar to Nick Saban's Alabama team. They are physical at the line. However, Alabama has better players and should win this slug fest.

Wisconsin will be led by Corey Clement. He had 1000 (949) yards last year. That is a bunch of yards for somebody who mostly played in the fourth quarter. Said another way, Melvin Gordon got his 2500 yards playing on 3 quarters a game. I can say he had the best single season ever, even though his total was a little short of Barry Sanders.

Alabama will run behind Derrick Henry, the one time top overall running back prospect. Ahead of players like Zeke Elliot. Henry is 240 lbs and runs like a deer. Good luck with that SEC West.

I like Alabama to win by having a deeper roster.
Yeah I see this game as one between two teams that love smash mouth football. The big difference is Bama is way faster and at least just as big and strong. I'm going with Bama 37-20

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Illilnois (that is the stinky side of the river) fired Tim Beckman who was their head coach. I forgot to bring this one up. He was a bad coach, and even worse as a person. The short story is he treated injured football players like Mike Vick treats dogs. He asked medical personnel to cover up injuries.

It would have happened at the end of the season or sooner as he has 3 Big Ten wins in 3 seasons.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I was watching TCU play Minnesota at their best (hapless) I would shake my head and say this is the number 2 team in America? TCU is like a JV version of what Oregon was last year.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For those that don't know much about Wisconsin other than 2000 yard running backs, you aren't missing anything. They are still that team.

Wisconsin has a new head coach (Paul Chryst)

Paul Chryst went 6-7, 7-6, & 6-6 as the head coach at Pitt the last three years.

Chryst has more talent at Wisconsin, but he didn't impress me that much as a head coach.

I'm curious how he'll do at Wisconsin.

Barry Alvarez turned Wisconsin football into what it is today. He is the only Big Ten coach to ever win back-to-back Rose bowls. Alvarez is currently the AD at Wisconsin.

The reason Alvarez was so successful is because he was born and raised in Pittsburgh :chuckle: