climate change

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
changing the name to climate change
is
the joke

Yep, it's a joke.

They had to change it from "global warming" to "climate change" because the earth is going through a cooling stage now.

Ever since the first Earth Day in 1970, these morons have been wrong 100% of the time, yet liberals keep believing these morons.

Tinark

Um...no.

If they did, they wouldn't keep using the bogus data.

They don't use bogus data. You are misinformed. Scientists are well aware of the problems with urban data and take that into account when measuring global temperatures. Are you aware that only a tiny fraction of the earth consists of urban and suburban area? Apparently not, because if you did, you wouldn't look so foolish as to think the errors in the urban data (which are known and already accounted for and adjusted accordingly) could account for the warming seen in the chart.

Furthermore, the chart I posted used two independent sources of data, both of which agree with each other very closely (hence why there are two lines on the chart I posted).

It looks really desperate when you resort to outright data denial (data from multiple sources that agree with each other) so that you don't have to admit the globe is warming.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yep, it's a joke.

They had to change it from "global warming" to "climate change" because the earth is going through a cooling stage now.

Ever since the first Earth Day in 1970, these morons have been wrong 100% of the time, yet liberals keep believing these morons.

Yep, it is a joke alright but, they take the bait hook, line, and sinker every time. :chuckle:

Agenda driven junk science is all we are dealing with here...

rexlunae

They don't use bogus data. You are misinformed. Scientists are well aware of the problems with urban data and take that into account when measuring global temperatures. Are you aware that only a tiny fraction of the earth consists of urban and suburban area? Apparently not, because if you did, you wouldn't look so foolish as to think the errors in the urban data (which are known and already accounted for and adjusted accordingly) could account for the warming seen in the chart.

Furthermore, the chart I posted used two independent sources of data, both of which agree with each other very closely (hence why there are two lines on the chart I posted).

It looks really desperate when you resort to outright data denial (data from multiple sources that agree with each other) so that you don't have to admit the globe is warming.

Additionally, in the last few decades, we've had good satellite data, which supports the land-based measurements. And satellites are very difficult to influence with urban heat.

Twim

Climate change is occurring. We've all played a part to a varying degree. And are ultimately increasing it by just that.
The weather over the last few years has been pretty intense. This winter alone has just been hell for some. Australia has had some intense heat waves and California with an on going drought. What's in store for the summer? Hmm.

Selaphiel

Like when a satellite just recently recorded the lowest temperature EVER on planet earth?

Coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth in Antarctica: -94.7C (-135.8F)

Let me guess.......the lowest temperature EVER on planet earth is because of global warming? :bang:

Because a local temperature anomaly is so relevant? Do you understand the difference between global and local?

Let us see what scientists say:

The average temperature in 2013 was 58.3 degrees Fahrenheit (14.6 Celsius), which is 1.1 F (0.6 C) warmer than the mid-20th century baseline. The average global temperature has risen about 1.4 degrees F (0.8 C) since 1880, according to the new analysis. Exact rankings for individual years are sensitive to data inputs and analysis methods.

"Long-term trends in surface temperatures are unusual and 2013 adds to the evidence for ongoing climate change," GISS climatologist Gavin Schmidt said. "While one year or one season can be affected by random weather events, this analysis shows the necessity for continued, long-term monitoring

The temperature analysis produced at GISS is compiled from weather data from more than 1,000 meteorological stations around the world, satellite observations of sea-surface temperature, and Antarctic research station measurements, taking into account station history and urban heat island effects. Software is used to calculate the difference between surface temperature in a given month and the average temperature for the same place from 1951 to 1980. This three-decade period functions as a baseline for the analysis. It has been 38 years since the recording of a year of cooler than average temperatures.

Source: http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/nasa-finds-2013-sustained-long-term-climate-warming-trend/#.UxYRcIXEERc

The denial of climate change is just yet another example of American anti-intellectualism, something that is sadly spreading to other parts of the world as well.

But I guess your recollection of what the newspapers and popular magazines stated in the 70s trumps NASA.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The denial of climate change is just yet another example of American anti-intellectualism, something that is sadly spreading to other parts of the world as well.

the party that talks about climate change also kills babies

Silent Hunter

Meteorologists can't predict the weather from one day to the next. How can we expect them to predict what the weather will be 50 years from now?

Selaphiel

the party that talks about climate change also kills babies

Relevance?

I do not care about your political parties, I care about the specific issue. The relevant scientific community shows that global climate change is real. If you truly are pro-life, you should be concerned about the future generations as well and the ground of their livelyhood.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Relevance?

I do not care about your political parties, I care about the specific issue. The relevant scientific community shows that global climate change is real. If you truly are pro-life, you should be concerned about the future generations as well and the ground of their livelyhood.

exactly how are you going to deal with what you think is important???

zoo22

Because a local temperature anomaly is so relevant? Do you understand the difference between global and local?

Let us see what scientists say:

Source: http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/nasa-finds-2013-sustained-long-term-climate-warming-trend/#.UxYRcIXEERc

No, Time Magazine said

“Man, too, may be somewhat responsible for the cooling trend. The University of Wisconsin’s Reid A. Bryson and other climatologists suggest that dust and other particles released into the atmosphere as a result of farming and fuel burning may be blocking more and more sunlight from reaching and heating the surface of the earth.”

So there you go: scientists are wrong.

But I guess your recollection of what the newspapers and popular magazines stated in the 70s trumps NASA.

Plus it said so in my science book, take my word for it.

Plus, just look at this:

Time Magazine in the 60's & 70's

6a00d8341bffd953ef01901bac8ce3970b-800wi

swemson120727c.jpg

Even if one of those covers is a fake, and the rest of them aren't actually about global cooling, just look at them.

Plus, if it's cold, global warming is a lie. Anything else is stupid.

Plus, 9,029 possible people may have signed a petition.

Plus, it's the Jews.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The relevant scientific community shows that global climate change is real.

What a joke.

That's like saying 99% of theologians believe there is a God, therefore, those who deny there is a God are in denial what the relevant theological community shows to be true.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
just yet another example of American anti-intellectualism

:rotfl:

You live in Norway.

Most Norwegians are racist, arrogant, and depressed. They think they live in the best country in the world because they were awarded the best country to live in by people who don't live in Norway.

If I ever have the desire to become depressed, I'll move to Norway.