climate change

Hilston

Hall of Fame
Until I was 24 and got married to GI and came to America.

I still visit Okinawa every Nov for evangelism for three weeks.

I am full Okinawan:)
My mother was 19 when she married my father, who was stationed in Okinawa in the U.S. Air Force. They moved to America and I was born in North Carolina.

I have never visited Okinawa, but I would very much like to some day.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My mother was 19 when she married my father, who was stationed in Okinawa in the U.S. Air Force. They moved to America and I was born in North Carolina.

I have never visited Okinawa, but I would very much like to some day.

When you do, maybe we can meet there:)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2 inches of snow today in Rapid City, South Dakota.

This was the earliest snowfall in Rapid City since 1888

Liberals will tell us it is because of global warming.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Just last year the global warming alarmists were telling us that not only were the polar bears in trouble because of the melting ice, but so were many species of birds.

Yeah, it's been a constant problem in the last few years. Ask the guys in Churchill. Because the sea ice is so sparse, they've been coming ashore and raiding garbage cans.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic...Ross_NG-News_PB-Article_2012-01_6-950x633.jpg

And yeah, weather is variable. But weather doesn't prove anything about climate.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
the climate was warm earlier this afternoon, but it's starting to cool off now

guess i better watch out for polar bears :noid:

Right Divider

Body part
I know that Wikipedia is not the ultimate source of knowledge, but this part seems well documented enough.

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age#Major_ice_ages
There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's past (the Huronian, Cryogenian, Andean-Saharan, Karoo Ice Age and the Quaternary glaciation). Outside these ages, the Earth seems to have been ice-free even in high latitudes.[32][33]
Since the "global warming" that produced an Earth mostly "ice-free even in high latitudes" AFTER it had been widely ice covered, why is THIS ONE (they one we are supposedly producing because of man-made emissions) man-made and the other FIVE were not?
The next well-documented ice age, and probably the most severe of the last billion years, occurred from 850 to 630 million years ago (the Cryogenian period) and may have produced a Snowball Earth in which glacial ice sheets reached the equator,[34] possibly being ended by the accumulation of greenhouse gases such as CO2 produced by volcanoes.
This "global warming" was NOT man-made either, was it?

What produces these HUGE swings in the global climate and how did the world ever survice without the help of politicians and climatologists?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But weather doesn't prove anything about climate.

From Webster's:

cli·mate noun \ˈklī-mət\

: a region with particular weather patterns or conditions

: the usual weather conditions in a particular place or region

: the usual or most widespread mood or conditions in a place

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, it's been a constant problem in the last few years. Ask the guys in Churchill. Because the sea ice is so sparse, they've been coming ashore and raiding garbage cans.

Now you're just making stuff up.

The ice doesn't freeze until October or November in Churchill. Before then, the polar bears live on the land.

Last year, the Bay froze when it was supposed to, and the polar bears left Churchill by walking across the ice to hunt for seals.

Hudson Bay freeze-up average this year – not late

"Freeze-up in Western Hudson Bay is finally underway. It’s no later this year than average, similar to last year.

This rather contradicts the hysterical hue and cry from the tag-team of Polar Bears International (PBI) spokesperson Steven Amstrup and Guardian reporter Suzanne Goldenberg last week during PBI’s “Polar Bear Week” propaganda blitz......So much for the trend towards later freeze-up dates that PBI says is endangering polar bears in Western Hudson Bay."

You're as bad as Science Magazine, and Al Gore.

Science Magazine used the following FAKE photoshopped picture:

floatypoley.gif

Al Gore did the same thing in his movie (An Inconvenient Truth). Gore had an animated clip of a polar bear in danger of drowning, trying to get onto a tiny piece of ice that was the result of global warming.

Now you're doing the same thing by showing a picture of a polar bear in a trash dump in the summertime.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

Now you're just making stuff up.

Well, let's take a look...

Polar bears and local people are sometimes uneasy neighbors in the Russian Far East. The bears frequent coastal areas near several indigenous villages—the same places where walruses come to rest and care for their young. In Churchill, Canada, polar bears are also known come into town and raid garbage cans for food as warmer temperatures and shrinking sea ice reduce their ability to hunt.

It’s this proximity that can lead to conflict.

The Chukchi Sea polar bear subpopulation is faring relatively well, but just as in Canada, the sea ice decline is expected to force the bears to spend more time on land each summer. As a result, they come into closer contact with humans.

http://www.worldwildlife.org/blogs/good-nature-travel/posts/polar-bear-patrol

Many of the bears get so hungry that they raid the garbage dump on the outskirts of the town of Churchill, which is in Manitoba, Canada. After eating at the dump, they often wander into the town. There are bear alert signs all over town to warn people of the hungry bears, who could eat a person or a dog.

If they get into town they will be tranquilized or trapped and taken to the bear jail. The jail can hold about 20 bears. Each bear is in his own cage. If he has never been caught before, a tag is placed in his ear so they will know about him if he is caught again. He is not fed because he would not be eating if he were in the wild. If the jail gets too full, some of the bears are “paroled.” These bears are tranquilized, laid in a net and carefully airlifted by helicopter to a remote area far from Churchill.

http://www.fieldtripearth.org/article.xml?id=964&ordinal=3

Maybe you should learn a bit about the issue before you lecture us about it?

gcthomas

"Freeze-up in Western Hudson Bay is finally underway. It’s no later this year than average, similar to last year.

For a view of the whole Arctic, look here: http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

The graphic shows that Hudson Bay is the only place where the ice cover is even remotely close to average. It was, last month, 20% lower than average, and with thinner ice, and this is the most there's been for several years.

Figure3-350x263.png

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Look at your chart. The ice is back to the 2006 level. It has grown over a million square kilometers the last two years.

What excuse are you going to use if the ice keeps growing another two years and is back to the 1986 level?

Speaking of growing ice, the Antarctic ice is bigger than it has EVER been.

screenhunter_614-jun-22-07-58.gif

The excuses that global warming hoax proponents are coming up with in attempting to explain the ice in the Antarctic do make for good comedy.

Global Warming Logic 101:

1) When Polar ice melts it's because the planet is warming.

2) When Polar ice gets bigger it's because the planet is warming.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Churchill, Canada, polar bears are also known come into town and raid garbage cans for food as warmer temperatures and shrinking sea ice reduce their ability to hunt.

Are you really this desperate?

Look at when the article was written. It was written in the spring. In the spring the ice melts, and the polar bears come back to the land to look for food because they can't hunt seals once the ice melts.

The polar bears live on the land from when the ice melts in the spring until the ice forms again in the fall.

Like I said, your as bad as Science Magazine using a fake photoshopped picture of a polar bear on a little piece of ice.

There is no problem with the ice in Churchill, Canada.

If global warming is true, why do you guys have to resort to fake pictures and fake stories?