ECT Clearing up the confusion of Creation!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nothing disjointed in what I've posted.

I'm still talkin' about your speed of the spin fallacy.
Here's a little experiment for you.

Draw a circle on a piece of cardboard and cut it out, or if you have one, just use a turntable (like one you would find in a kitchen). Draw two dots, one at the edge, and then one halfway between it and the center. Now rotate the object around its center (like a CD in its tray). Which dot is moving faster?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Here's a little experiment for you.

Draw a circle on a piece of cardboard and cut it out, or if you have one, just use a turntable (like one you would find in a kitchen). Draw two dots, one at the edge, and then one halfway between it and the center. Now rotate the object around its center (like a CD in its tray). Which dot is moving faster?

Wrong model.

The universe is not a turntable.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Actually you did misread something, as you seem to think that I think that stars spin faster than the speed of light, yet I said nothing even remotely close to that. I said that if the universe is rotating around the earth, then the stars at the edges would be moving at many times the speed of light.

Yeah, I know.

Your disjointed comment is the one meant to cause confusion, not mine.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I reckon that's what I meant by fixed, what's takin' yuh so long to figure out English?
It doesn't help when the person I'm trying to understand talks like a hick.

By stating the the earth does not rotate, you imply that the universe rotates around it. I said I was going to lay some groundwork, and I did, and you ignored it. So let's try again.

Mind, does a dot near the edge of a disk move faster than a dot near the center of the disk when said disk is rotating?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It doesn't help when the person I'm trying to understand talks like a hick.

That doesn't answer MY question now, does it?

By stating the the earth does not rotate, you imply that the universe rotates around it. I said I was going to lay some groundwork, and I did, and you ignored it. So let's try again.

Too bad you're still on the ground, my posts have already ascended the heavens.

Mind, does a dot near the edge of a disk move faster than a dot near the center of the disk when said disk is rotating?

Already addressed.
Pun intended.

6days

jsanford108 said:
...*But you know little of alternate theories that are proposed for determining age of the earth.
Did you mean alternate to what the Bible says? Or methods such as the recession rate of the moon? Or, the rate of genomic decay? C14 dating? Or.....? *There are more than 100 ways to help us determine the age of the earth. Go ahead and pick any method yoi want to discuss.

jsanford108 said:
Creationism is a theory.

Mr. (Ms?) Sanford. I may owe you an apology. You claim you are a scientist... and its really hard to believe that. You seem to use such poor terminology. Creationism and evolutionism are not theories. They are beliefs about the past. They both examine the same evidence, and interpret according to beliefs.*

jsanford108 said:
And if that truth is that the young earth theory cannot competently explain conflicting evidence, then it must be rejected.
Again... your terminology suggests you don't understand what you are talking about. Evidence is not something that can be rejected. Let me explain.....

You and me are detectives looking at a dead man who has a gun laying on his chest. We are looking at evidence of either a murder or a suicide. I can reject your interpretation of the evidence... but the evidence is something that can never rejected.

Same with evidence about our beliefs about the past. We both look at the same soft dinosaur tissue, and the same C14 results. You reject how this evidence supports the Bible and a young earth; but you don't, and can't actually reject the evidence. (You just interpret evidence to fit your beliefs)

jsanford108 said:
I am a wildlife biologist in training, with a masters in zoology from Kentucky. My major was biochem for my undergraduate. I have been published twice. Once in chemistry, and once in biology. The biology publication was the green river project headed by Dr Meier and Dr Grubbs. (In case you wanted proof)
Impressive. Kudo's to you. I sincerely wish you all the best as you work towards a Phd.*

I mentioned to you before that there are biologists (and scientists in other disciplines) who made the looooong journey from being an atheist scientist to a Bible believing young earth creationist. Here is a couple examples.

BIOLOGIST AND GEOLOGIST
https://www.icr.org/article/95/

GENETICIST (published 80 times)
http://www.uncommondescent.com/inte...eticist-rejects-darwinism-in-his-recent-book/

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That doesn't answer MY question now, does it?

Too bad you're still on the ground, my posts have already ascended the heavens.

Already addressed.
Pun intended.
You obviously don't understand the concept of laying groundwork when discussing a topic. So until you're ready to stop playing around and have a civil discussion, good day.

jsanford108

You're right. I was using a newer Protestant bible to form my assertions. My personal favorites have "evening and morning." But thanks for the correction (even if it was slightly rude in tone).

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You obviously don't understand the concept of laying groundwork when discussing a topic. So until you're ready to stop playing around and have a civil discussion, good day.

Hey, I just figgered since we were brothers in Christ we could see the end of each others conversation and cut through the chase so to speak.

With that in mind maybe you should go back and try to catch the seriousness of what I was posting.

:wave: