ECT Clearing up the confusion of Creation!

jsanford108

Forgot to add the link to said theory, rsr.org/hpt.

Also:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8xbmhUOGJ0bWdMWTJac3hwZnc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

They were not created, except as part of the earth.

Of course.

Mainly to show you that the earth could not be more than 6-10 thousand years old, that the evidence does not support evolutionists/atheists.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Glad we mostly agree. The only disagreement I have, and it could be simply me misunderstanding you, is that comets/meteors being created for the earth. There is an entire universe beyond earth. So comets existing doesn't really add anything to the equation. They are clearly not part of the earth. Now I know we agree that everything created was created for God's good pleasure. So even the planets, moons, galaxies, all were part of God's pleasure and plan. I know I enjoy looking at the vastness of space. It makes since that being another creation of God's, furthermore, one created intimately by him, would enjoy the same things as God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Glad we mostly agree. The only disagreement I have, and it could be simply me misunderstanding you, is that comets/meteors being created for the earth. There is an entire universe beyond earth. So comets existing doesn't really add anything to the equation. They are clearly not part of the earth. Now I know we agree that everything created was created for God's good pleasure. So even the planets, moons, galaxies, all were part of God's pleasure and plan. I know I enjoy looking at the vastness of space. It makes since that being another creation of God's, furthermore, one created intimately by him, would enjoy the same things as God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
The comets are balls of ice and dirt that came from Earth when the "Fountains of the Great Deep" broke forth. The meteors, meteorites, and the entire asteroid belt is all the rock that was ejected from the earth at the same time.

6days

jsanford108 said:
Just because I ascribe to science....
Don't be dorky.*

Everyone wants, needs and believes in science. Science brings us new technologies and improvements in medicine.*
jsanford108 said:
By your logic, we cannot accept any evidence that doesn't support the strictest of interpretations of words in the Bible.
I'm unsure what you mean. Evidence is not something you accept. Evidence is something that always needs interpretation, as in forensics. We all have the same evidence. (Same mutation rates, same fossils, same dating methods, same distant stars, same Bible etc). And, we should always interpret evidence through the truth of God's Word. We shouldn't use secular opinions about evidence to interpret the Bible. There is only one source of inerrant truth.

jsanford108 said:
By your reasoning, if they (dinosaurs) aren't mentioned explicitly, they are made up by evolutionists and science.*
You keep creating false and silly arguments. (strawman fallacy). *
jsanford108 said:
that Jesus*

One such example saying I twisted Christ's words to alter their meaning. I never altered their meaning. I simply expounded upon possibility of interpretation.*
We disagree. I think you twisted the words of Jesus. Instead of accepting what Jesus said about humans "from the beginning of creation"...you changed it say from the beginning of humanity (as that would fit with the old earth belief system)
jsanford108 said:
You claim I hold a low view of Scripture. I assure you, I hold the highest view of it, and most likely higher than you (not meant as a personal attack, because I can demo with various other Scripture passages I know we will disagree on).*
I'm glad you claim to not hold a low view of scripture.
jsanford108 said:
You claim I don't understand science. How can a young earth theorist say they understand science greater than a biologist, when the YE theorist rejects a majority of scientific discoveries?
I almost think you are claiming to be a biologist. If so... you are lying. You absolutely do not have a very good understanding of science.*

AND.... you keep making strawman arguments. There us NO Biblical creationists that I am aware of who rejects a single scientific discovery. (You really don't understand science)

jsanford108 said:
*Not just biological and chemical discoveries, but also geological.
Every branch of science helps confirm the truth of God's Word. Is there any specific claim you wanted to discuss?

jsanford108 said:
I utilize the Theory of Infinite Complexity, proposed by Dr Behe, to disprove the theory of evolution.
Great! *I love a lot of Behe's work, but unfortunately he doesn't accept God's Word as clear and inerrant truth.*

way 2 go

How long was a rotation of the earth in hours? You won't find an answer in the Bible. It never defines the span of time other than "morning, evening," and "day." I will give you that the Bible does give a "time span," using words such as morning, evening, and day. So you got me there. But nowhere in Genesis does it define time in the units we utilize today.

1 rotation of the earth = 1 day

that limits you to hours per rotation or death of living things

Gen 1:12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

way 2 go

Peter explains it like this:
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

God explained in Genesis his scale of what the length of a day of creation was

Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

6days

jsanford108 said:
How long*was*a rotation of the earth in hours? You won't find an answer in the Bible. It never defines the span of time other than "morning, evening," and "day." I will give you that the Bible does give a "time span," using words such as morning, evening, and day. So you got me there. But nowhere in Genesis does it define time in the units we utilize today.

The words "evening" (ereb) and "morning" (bòqer) are used many times in scripture and NEVER refer to beginning or end of an age. They ALWAYS refer to the same evening and mornings we are all familiar with. Why not just believe what the Bible plainly says?

iamaberean

God explained in Genesis his scale of what the length of a day of creation was

Gen 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

God can not lie, yet we see that Adam lived 930 years and then he died. One has to be believing a lie until they come to understand that one day is like a 1000 years to God.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

that limits you to hours per rotation or death of living things

Gen 1:12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.

What makes you think the earth rotates?

iamaberean

The words "evening" (ereb) and "morning" (bòqer) are used many times in scripture and NEVER refer to beginning or end of an age. They ALWAYS refer to the same evening and mornings we are all familiar with. Why not just believe what the Bible plainly says?
It seems that God was very specific about the beginning and the ending of the first 6 days. When did the 7th day end?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What makes you think the earth rotates?
There's a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that if it was the universe that was rotating around the earth, the stars at the farthest reaches of the universe would be moving at many billions of times the speed of light, which is obviously not possible. Oh, and the model we use accurately represents the way the planets move around us, and the way we and them more around the sun, and the way our solar system moves around the center of our galaxy.

6days

iamberean said:
It seems that God was very specific about the beginning and the ending of the first 6 days. When did the 7th day end?

Scripture tells us God rested (past tense) on the 7th day.*

"Jehovah finished his labors at the end of the sixth day, and on the seventh rested. The narrative provides no basis for the assumption that the day he rested differed in any fashion from those which preceded it. It evidently was marked out and its length determined in the same manner as the others.*If it was not a day of twenty-four hours, it sustains no resemblance to the sabbath which was given to the Israelites*" Author*Guy N. Woods

way 2 go

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

God can not lie, yet we see that Adam lived 930 years and then he died. One has to be believing a lie until they come to understand that one day is like a 1000 years to God.

according to you was adam's years 930 laps around the sun or
was each of adam's days 1000 laps around the sun times 365 x 930

the length of each day of creation
is 1 rotation of the earth = 1 day

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
according to you was adam's years 930 laps around the sun or
was each of adam's days 1000 laps around the sun times 365 x 930

the length of each day of creation
is 1 rotation of the earth = 1 day

I would use 360 instead of 365.25. Why? kgov.com/360

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There's a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that if it was the universe that was rotating around the earth, the stars at the farthest reaches of the universe would be moving at many billions of times the speed of light, which is obviously not possible. Oh, and the model we use accurately represents the way the planets move around us, and the way we and them more around the sun, and the way our solar system moves around the center of our galaxy.

So now the universe is a sphere?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Now take a baseball, draw a line from north to south, slowly turn the ball and tell me which part of the line moves any faster.

Idiot.