chrysostom’s 2015 annual awards

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Everyone whining about the Confederate battle flag coming down, with special status for those doing so from outside of the South.

You're very guilty of hurting the native Indians and skin them alive so you'll need to take your American flag down.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're very guilty of hurting the native Indians and skin them alive so you'll need to take your American flag down.
Well, no. First, our nation's flag, whatever you think of the nation, is just that. It flies as both cause and cure of many an ill, but it flies to represent our existing and sovereign being.

The Confederate flag doesn't. It has no business flying over any state capital. No more than the Union Jack would. And particularly, the Confederate battle flag represents a group of states whose purpose for existing in that fashion was the continuation of a moral evil for economic gain.

Now the U.S. has done any number of shameful things, but mostly we do that when we fail our principles. The Confederacy's shame was found in keeping its principles.

:e4e:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Well, no. First, our nation's flag, whatever you think of the nation, is just that. It flies as both cause and cure of many an ill, but it flies to represent our existing and sovereign being.

The Confederate flag doesn't. It has no business flying over any state capital. No more than the Union Jack would. And particularly, the Confederate battle flag represents a group of states whose purpose for existing in that fashion was the continuation of a moral evil for economic gain.

Now the U.S. has done any number of shameful things, but mostly we do that when we fail our principles. The Confederacy's shame was found in keeping its principles.

:e4e:

Least we should take it down in texas and give the land we stole from Mexicans back to its rightful owners

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Least we should take it down in texas and give the land we stole from Mexicans back to its rightful owners
No, since the land was stolen from the natives by Spain before it was lost to a war with the founders of Texas and then became by annexation a part of the United States.

I omit any discussion of the French claim to any part of Texas at any time because, well, they're annoying.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well, we didn't take Texas at first and Texans had to accept the annexation. They wanted in.

thanks for explanation.

I know some Americans believe you bought it from Mexican.

I think I got that information when I took American history when I applied for citizenship.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
thanks for explanation.

I know some Americans believe you bought it from Mexican.

I think I got that information when I took American history when I applied for citizenship.
They were probably thinking of the Louisiana purchase, that did include a few bits that are part of what became Texas.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't see anything great about him. He's just another _____

Your "page:"

This page has had 95 visits

tumbleweed.jpg

Vs.

"I don't see anything great about him," even though the great,humble saint John W's fans are numerous-his page:

This page has had 15,537 visits

2414002070_18fd84ea3d_o.jpg

Contrasts.