chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Dearest Town, can you and I bury the animosity? I am willing.
We both posted at 5:58 pm so I am guessing Town did not see my question since it was above his own reply to the thread. So this is a duplicate.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
So overall, we're looking at the possibility that Eeset received three neg reps which may or may not have been given as a result of what TH said. Is that the full charge of bullying?

Or are you still asserting he's leading a group of "lieutenants" after I said there's no such group that I'm aware of?

Why do you play dumb.

Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. The behavior can be habitual and involve an imbalance of social or physical power.

Bullying

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We both posted at 5:58 pm so I am guessing Town did not see my question since it was above his own reply to the thread. So this is a duplicate.
I saw it late, but wasn't sure how to credit it, beginning it as you did.

Look it's as simple as this: if you don't make personal swipes you'll never get one from me. I think that's about as fair as anyone can be in this sort of setting. So any time you don't want that part of the TOL experience I'm fine with it becoming a thing of the past. That goes for anyone, you, Sod, sky, whoever is jerked with me about whatever. I'd rather focus on the argument and train humor there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...She's talking about lieutenants who neg rep on command.
Which is one of the funniest, saddest notions going. I've been asked before by various people (not being discussed here) to do that and have always politely declined. I don't believe I've ever sought out individuals to do that and my remarks were and remain an expression of my personal distaste over the treatment of words that I think warrant a better, more considered treatment. Else, for the third time or so, my invitation to Eeset wouldn't make any sense.

It's a silly charge and one that simply won't stand up to scrutiny. Had I that sort of pull and inclination it would be a matter of indisputable and verifiable record...and it simply, demonstrably isn't.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I'm not. I'm asking you to state your case against TH clearly and specifically, since being charged with gang rape is a pretty big thing.

Personally I didn't like the word "love" in his comment. Why not just call it what it was? "hate"? I'm not going to go that far but it was a hateful idea.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Personally I didn't like the word "love" in his comment. Why not just call it what it was? "hate"? I'm not going to go that far but it was a hateful idea.

But you did just go that far.

Did "gang rape" bother you as much, by any chance?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Personally I didn't like the word "love" in his comment.
It's called sarcasm. Juxtaposed as it was with the neg rep that should have been hard to miss.

Why not just call it what it was? "hate"?
Because I don't even "hate" Sod, who I dislike more than anyone else I can think of. I found the remark, the usage and the defense and repetition of the usage worthy of scorn and contempt.

But hate? I hate sin. I don't hate people. Just another thing you don't get about me. :idunno:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Sky - props for trying, but anna's no longer able to discern clearly, having fallen under the spell of her master, the father of all lies

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Town was acting as a bully plain and simple. The ones he called out to and complied with his request were acting as his lieutenants. Anyone who can't see that the repeated "red marking" of someone is cruel is emotionally bankrupt. And the one who calls out for it is responsible.

Bullying

Well I've never understood this thingy you all have going on. :confused:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well I've never understood this thingy you all have going on. :confused:
She got mad at me because I reposted a bit by another poster I was disagreeing with that I'd rather not go into. Neg rep'd me for it. That's right, for literally reproducing someone else's work, without edit. :plain:

Then when I refused what struck me as an insincere and publicly positioned apology by that other party she neg rep'd me again. That's right, not for doing anything to anyone, but for not accepting what I didn't see as a sincere apology.

She's been that way since. We'd had occasional disagreements before, but had traded pos rep and while I didn't consider her a friend I wouldn't have described her as hostile or unfriendly prior to that series of events.

:idunno: Go figure.