chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Seems like gang bullying is a good description

I don't think Town was trying to get people to pound you into submission.

I think Town was trying to cause you distress, to hurt you.

No different than a bully twisting your arm just for the fun of it, or a thoughtless little kid pulling the wings off flies.

He's a sadist who enjoys tormenting others.

Town was acting as a bully plain and simple. The ones he called out to and complied with his request were acting as his lieutenants. Anyone who can't see that the repeated "red marking" of someone is cruel is emotionally bankrupt. And the one who calls out for it is responsible.

Bullying ranges from simple one-on-one bullying to more complex bullying in which the bully may have one or more "lieutenants" who may seem to be willing to assist the primary bully in his or her bullying activities.

Bullying

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Town was acting as a bully plain and simple. The ones he called out to and complied with his request were acting as his lieutenants. Anyone who can't see that the repeated "red marking" of someone is cruel is emotionally bankrupt. And the one who calls out for it is responsible.

There's no way of knowing if anyone at all complied, but it's clear the new TH talking points memo is making the rounds.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town was acting as a bully plain and simple.
Funny. You and sod and Eeset pack travel to Quixote's to spam it and I'm a bully? The guy who posts an average three times less frequently than just one of you. :plain:

Anna is right, this is the newest group think from the Dear Diary Club. You're not as active, but it would be pretty easy for me to link to dozens of examples of you acting in concert to do nothing less than penalize. You're a fraud and a hypocrite...a fraupocrite then...or a hypocraud maybe. :think:

The ones he called out to and complied with his request were acting as his lieutenants.
Given I "called out" Eeset herself to create a sock account and neg rep herself that's a fairly obvious bit of nonsense, a relatively desperate infusion of something into a statement that was nothing more or less than a strong objection to an odious practice.

Anyone who can't see that the repeated "red marking" of someone is cruel is emotionally bankrupt. And the one who calls out for it is responsible.
I've neg rep'd her for discussing my child, after politely asking then giving fair warning when that was ignored.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
???..uh...is that an inside comment?

Not at all. I'm saying

1. no one really knows if or how many neg reps Eeset received simply because TH said abused women should neg rep her, and

2. it's clear that the new meme is "Town is a bully."

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Not at all. I'm saying

1. no one really knows if or how many neg reps Eeset received simply because TH said abused women should neg rep her, and

2. it's clear that the new meme is "Town is a bully."

Really, so you don't recognize a bully when you see one?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Eeset, it's wrong to equate neg rep with rape. It's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start... what a horrible way to trivialize the actuality of rape, and you can't accuse me of misogyny when I say that's a really bad analogy and you need to let it go.

Really? isn't Town the one who made the suggestion that the "red mark" was for the purposes of "love".

I would think that anyone who knows anything about abuse and bullying would see his comment in the way it was served.

Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
I wrote:
"Every woman who has ever actually been abused should send her a red love rep for that one...heck, every woman on general principle."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Really, so you don't recognize a bully when you see one?

I don't have a settled opinion on neg repping, to tell you the truth. Some people utilize it regularly, some people rarely or never - and neg repping isn't intrinsically evil the way rape is, which is why I think the comparison is so off-base. Are you saying that neg repping in itself is a bully tactic? Or repeated neg repping?

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Bullying

I don't have a settled opinion on neg repping, to tell you the truth. Some people utilize it regularly, some people rarely or never - and neg repping isn't intrinsically evil the way rape is, which is why I think the comparison is so off-base. Are you saying that neg repping in itself is a bully tactic? Or repeated neg repping?

Yep, repeated neg repping is bullying and in an educated society or community it isn't that hard to figure out who is guilty and who is in charge.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yep, repeated neg repping is bullying and in an educated society or community it isn't that hard to figure out who is guilty and who is in charge.

Okay, then my point is this: I don't believe TH has been in charge of any combined, concerted effort by a group to neg rep Eeset, whether on a one-time or repeat basis.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Okay, then my point is this: I don't believe TH has been in charge of any combined, concerted effort to neg rep Eeset, whether on a one-time or repeat basis.

:kookoo:

Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post

"Every woman who has ever actually been abused should send her a red love rep for that one...heck, every woman on general principle."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
sky., his saying that doesn't mean it actually happened. Is there a group of women here who got together to neg rep Eeset specifically because TH suggested it? That's what I'm asking, and there's no way of knowing that, but I'm telling you now that I know nothing of any group of women here who gets together for the purpose of giving her neg rep, particularly not any group led by TH. I'm pretty sure his statement was meant, and taken, as rhetorical.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
sky., his saying that doesn't mean it actually happened. Is there a group of women here who got together to neg rep Eeset specifically because TH suggested it? That's what I'm asking, and there's no way of knowing that, but I'm telling you now that I know nothing of any group of women here who gets together for the purpose of giving her neg rep, particularly not any group led by TH. I'm pretty sure his statement was meant, and taken, as rhetorical.

Again...so you don't recognize a bully? and is the bully only recognized by his success or his intent?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Except I'm not noted as a neg rep giver of any significance. I rarely do it, a fact you're aware of and ignore to press the point that isn't sustainable else.

Eeset got them for mentioning my family. She did that because she wanted to bother me. I responded on principle. And I answered her when she kept going what didn't have to continue. Again, I first asked, then gave clear warning that I'd object as strongly as I could if she continued.

That's by no measure the act of a bully and you know it. Just as you know that for all the dust you threw up in Quixote's you likely ended up with more pos rep points than neg rep points from me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Again...so you don't recognize a bully? and is the bully only recognized by his success or his intent?

Again, in turn:

"Okay, then my point is this: I don't believe TH has been in charge of any combined, concerted effort by a group to neg rep Eeset, whether on a one-time or repeat basis."

I took his statement as rhetorical, so I believe neither intent nor success was present.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Eeset... did anyone neg rep you as a result of TH's comment?

And no, gang rape simply isn't an acceptable way of describing what TH said. There's no comparison, and I'm not looking to TH for help in forming my opinion, contrary to what sod would like you to believe otherwise. I read the exchange myself and didn't like the analogy at all, and that's coming from a woman's viewpoint. In fact, you're in effect calling me a rapist myself if I'd neg repped you. What you're doing here doesn't help your cause at all, believe me.

Anna yes a few piled on. One in particular kept at it. But lets be clear. I used the term virtual gang rape. Obviously there is nothing physical going on here. I had first called Town abusive because he throws his neg reps around knowing how disproportionate they are to those of us who have only 5% of his forcefulness. When he sends me a neg rep it costs me about 45 points but if I return fire it costs him 2 points and he laughs. But you see Town didn't like it when I said he was abusive. So he issued a clarion call for all women to pile on. You may find that trivial. I didn't. I found it degrading, insulting, spiteful and it brought back memories that I really don't want to share. So I called it as I saw it. It was a gang mentality and the gang leader was saying "get her". That is why I said he had called for a "virtual gang rape". If it is the word rape that you object to then substitute beating or some other word you find less objectionable.

Again, in turn:

"Okay, then my point is this: I don't believe TH has been in charge of any combined, concerted effort by a group to neg rep Eeset, whether on a one-time or repeat basis."

I took his statement as rhetorical, so I believe neither intent nor success was present.

And you have been answered. The Town Bully WAS successful.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So overall, we're looking at the possibility that Eeset received three neg reps which may or may not have been given as a result of what TH said. Is that the full charge of bullying?

Or are you still asserting he's leading a group of "lieutenants" after I said there's no such group that I'm aware of?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So overall, we're looking at the possibility that Eeset received three neg reps which may or may not have been given as a result of what TH said. Is that the full charge of bullying?

Or are you still asserting he's leading a group of "lieutenants" after I said there's no such group that I'm aware of?

you are part of the group

we can see that