Christians are "ALREADY" Perfect and Complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
What Catholics, Pentecostals, Nazarenes and other holiness religions are trying to attain to in their flesh is ALREADY ours in Jesus Christ.

God ALREADY sees his people as perfect and complete in Christ. In Jesus Christ we have ALREADY been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. If you don't believe this, then you don't believe the Gospel.

This is why Christians are not under the law or subject to it. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has ALREADY fulfilled the law for us. This is why Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Where there is no law there is no judgment. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, Romans 4:15. This is why Paul said, "For as many as are of the works of the law (religion) are under the curse" Galatians 3:10. This is also why Jesus abolished the law, nailing it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

CHRISTIANS ARE WAITING FOR GLORIFICATION.

This is the only thing that we don't have. We only have the "first fruits" of the Spirit. "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body" Romans 8:23. We will be glorified when Jesus appears or when we are resurrected. "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

Knowing and believing these things how should we now live. Paul wrote, "The life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved and gave himself for me" Galatians 3:20. Living by faith means to live like a Christian.

Right Divider

Body part
What Catholics, Pentecostals, Nazarenes and other holiness religions are trying to attain to in their flesh is ALREADY ours in Jesus Christ.

God ALREADY sees his people as perfect and complete in Christ. In Jesus Christ we have ALREADY been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. If you don't believe this, then you don't believe the Gospel.

This is why Christians are not under the law or subject to it. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has ALREADY fulfilled the law for us. This is why Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Where there is no law there is no judgment. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, Romans 4:15. This is why Paul said, "For as many as are of the works of the law (religion) are under the curse" Galatians 3:10. This is also why Jesus abolished the law, nailing it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

CHRISTIANS ARE WAITING FOR GLORIFICATION.

This is the only thing that we don't have. We only have the "first fruits" of the Spirit. "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body" Romans 8:23. We will be glorified when Jesus appears or when we are resurrected. "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

Knowing and believing these things how should we now live. Paul wrote, "The life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved and gave himself for me" Galatians 3:20. Living by faith means to live like a Christian.
While most is this is wonderful... that "Jesus fulfilled the law for us" stuff is just complete nonsense.

Bradley D

Only through Christ can we come to the Father.

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

Right Divider

Body part
What do you think Paul meant when he said, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.
I think that he meant just what he said.
Note that he did not say that Christ kept or fulfilled the law in our stead.
That He kept the law perfectly is obvious.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think that he meant just what he said.
Note that he did not say that Christ kept or fulfilled the law in our stead.
That He kept the law perfectly is obvious.

Who do you think that he fulfilled the law for? He didn't do it for himself, because he was without sin.

To be under the law or subject to it, is to be under God's wrath, Romans 4:15.

Robert Pate

Banned
Only through Christ can we come to the Father.

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).
Good observation. God only accepts the works and righteousness of Christ. We are accepted only in him and because of him.

Right Divider

Body part
Who do you think that he fulfilled the law for?
People in Churchinaity misinterpret many passages in the Bible.
Matt 5:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:17) ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
NOTE the law OR THE PROPHETS. Jesus is talking about fulfilling prophecy.
He didn't do it for himself, because he was without sin.
Fulfilling the law is a misunderstanding based on ignoring OR THE PROPHETS.
To be under the law or subject to it, is to be under God's wrath, Romans 4:15.
A dead man is not under the law, so what is your problem? Romans 6-7

Robert Pate

Banned
People in Churchinaity misinterpret many passages in the Bible.

NOTE the law OR THE PROPHETS. Jesus is talking about fulfilling prophecy.

Fulfilling the law is a misunderstanding based on ignoring OR THE PROPHETS.

A dead man is not under the law, so what is your problem? Romans 6-7
Romans 6:7 is one reason that we are not under the law. Another reason is that Jesus in our name and on our behalf, fulfilled it, Matthew 5:18. Having fulfilled he abolished it, Colossians 2:14.

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 6:7 is one reason that we are not under the law. Another reason is that Jesus in our name and on our behalf, fulfilled it, Matthew 5:18.
Again you stick with your FALSE interpretation of Matthew.

You are a sorry sucker for false understanding.

There is NO such thing as "fulfilling the law". There is keeping the law, which Christ did.

P.S. Scripture says that Christ DIED for our sins and NOT that "He kept the law for our sins".

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Again you stick with your FALSE interpretation of Matthew.

You are a sorry sucker for false understanding.

There is NO such thing as "fulfilling the law". There is keeping the law, which Christ did.

P.S. Scripture says that Christ DIED for or sins and NOT that "He kept the law for our sins".
If Jesus kept the law, then he fulfilled it. The law demands perfection, no one can do what the law demands because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. You didn't answer the question, Who did Jesus keep or fulfill the law for? The purpose of the law is to bring us to Christ, "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster" Galatians 3:24, 25. We are no longer under the law because the law has been abolished, Colossians 2:14.

We are delivered from the law, because Jesus fulfilled it and abolished it, Romans 4:25. The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn. "There is no condemnation to them which are in Christ" Romans 8:1.

If you want to refute me, you will have to do it with scripture, I don't pay much attention to what someone thinks without scripture.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope. You are equivocating.

Your abuse of scripture is not helping your cause. I've explained WITH the scripture what you problem is.
If you refuse to answer my questions then how are we going to have a conversation?

Question is.... "Who did Jesus keep or fulfill the law for?" You have not explained anything with scripture. How do I abuse scripture, the scripture that I posted speaks for itself. Example: "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

Right Divider

Body part
If you refuse to answer my questions then how are we going to have a conversation?

Question is.... "Who did Jesus keep or fulfill the law for?" You have not explained anything with scripture. How do I abuse scripture, the scripture that I posted speaks for itself. Example: "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.
Jesus did not fulfill the law. That is a silly and nonsensical idea.

Bradley D

Jesus fulfilled the law. Otherwise Jesus would not have been the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Mt. 5:17).

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus fulfilled the law. Otherwise Jesus would not have been the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Mt. 5:17).
Like so many others, you believe in Churchianity instead of Christianity.

Robert Pate

Banned

Good scripture Brad.

The law and the prophets remain for unbelievers. But for believers "There is no condemnation that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation, because there is no law. It has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. This is why the scripture says, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. In the Gospel Christ is the Christians righteousness.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Right Divider,

I DO NOT understand what you are saying. The phrase "fulfilling the law" may not be used in the specific context but the concept is sound.

Does not Romans 7 teach us that it is the law that kills us?

Romans 7: I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.​

It is precisely because it is the law that condemns us that it was necessary that Jesus be innocent of any violation of the law. It is His innocence, His legal innocence, that satisfies the demands of (i.e. fulfills) the law to our benefit. It is the law's demand for blood that makes Christ's death necessary and, if we have been crucified with Christ then it is that death, which the law inflicted on Christ, which makes it so that the law has no hold on us because once the law has killed you, it has no more to say against you because the law no longer applies to those it has executed.

Further, does not Galatians 5 teach us the we fulfill the law by loving our neighbor?...

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”​
Indeed, isn't the whole point of Galatians 5 that we fulfill the law but not because we submit to the law but because we love on another and are led by the Spirit and produce the fruit thereof, against which there is no law?

I'm curious about something. Do believe that Jesus fulfilled the law for those saved under the dispensation of the law and saved through the kingdom gospel? In other words, is your objection concerning this "fulfilling the law" idea only applicable to those of us under the dispensation of grace?

Last edited: