Christianity Is For Jews And Gentiles

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Everything up until John the Baptist was the law. Circumcision is what they done to show they join in the old testament beliefs. And Gal says if you keep just one thing from the old testament you are subject to the whole entire thing. And you have fallen from grace. No one can keep them both.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

Obedience to God's Commandments is not what it means to be fallen from grace. There are 613 Commandments in Torah, there is the Prophets and the Writings, and there are 1050 Commandments in Matthew through Revelation.

If you start with Jesus, read Matthew 5:17-20 and learn about the new covenant (starting) from Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Obedience to God's Commandments is not what it means to be fallen from grace. There are 613 Commandments in Torah, there is the Prophets and the Writings, and there are 1050 Commandments in Matthew through Revelation.

If you start with Jesus, read Matthew 5:17-20 and learn about the new covenant (starting) from Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
The new testament is the new covenant. Jesus brought it to the Jews first but they rejected it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The new testament is the new covenant. Jesus brought it to the Jews first but they rejected it.

Shalom.

God gave the new covenant to the house of Israel and the house of Judah as He promised He would do. See Jeremiah 31:31-34. The early church was entirely Jewish.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
WE shouldn't be putting NT commands in a tally with those of the Torah; it loses the spontaneity of them.

Shalom.

Do you know about the Commandments of Jesus? Do you know about the Commandments in the Gospels? Is there such a thing as A New Covenant Commandment?

It is my belief that Jesus, Yeshua, observed and taught the Law, the Torah. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Interplanner

Shalom.

God gave the new covenant to the house of Israel and the house of Judah as He promised He would do. See Jeremiah 31:31-34. The early church was entirely Jewish.

Shalom.

Jacob

Need to be more precise Jacob. The Samaritan village of Jn 4 had many believers; Roman households in Judea; what timestamp are you putting on 'early'? 40? 50? 60? You can't say entirely about 40 AD, that's for sure. Let alone the later ones. The mission was to the ends of the earth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Need to be more precise Jacob. The Samaritan village of Jn 4 had many believers; Roman households in Judea; what timestamp are you putting on 'early'? 40? 50? 60? You can't say entirely about 40 AD, that's for sure. Let alone the later ones. The mission was to the ends of the earth.

Shalom.

I do not know what you are talking about.

See Acts 1 and Acts 2. See Acts 10.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Do you know about the Commandments of Jesus? Do you know about the Commandments in the Gospels? Is there such a thing as A New Covenant Commandment?

It is my belief that Jesus, Yeshua, observed and taught the Law, the Torah. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Jesus changed the law, He changed the commandments, and He changed the covenant.

[Heb 7:11-12, 18
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Jesus made the old covenant obsolete. One cant keep them both.

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Jesus changed the law, He changed the commandments, and He changed the covenant.

[Heb 7:11-12, 18
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Jesus made the old covenant obsolete. One cant keep them both.

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Shalom.

The law has not been changed, and the old covenant has not been abolished, neither the Law nor the Prophets either.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The law has not been changed, and the old covenant has not been abolished, neither the Law nor the Prophets either.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
If you want to live under the old testament law that is your choice.
Christians don't have to.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
If you want to live under the old testament law that is your choice.
Christians don't have to.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

I am not a Christian. I am a Jew, of Israel. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Jesus did not change the law. He did not change the commandments. He did not change the covenant. With the priesthood of Jesus there is a change of the law. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am not a Christian. I am a Jew, of Israel. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Jesus did not change the law. He did not change the commandments. He did not change the covenant. With the priesthood of Jesus there is a change of the law. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is blasphemy. Are you calling Jesus a liar?

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That is blasphemy. Are you calling Jesus a liar?

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)
Shalom.

No. I am not calling Jesus a liar.

Are you familiar with Jeremiah 31:31-34?

Also, you are quoting from Hebrews.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Jeremiah is speaking of the coming of Jesus.
Shalom.

Jeremiah related God's words in the book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah is a prophet of God.

I do not know why you say, "I said". Jeremiah was speaking of the coming of the new covenant in Jesus Christ.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Jeremiah related God's words in the book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah is a prophet of God.

I do not know why you say, "I said". Jeremiah was speaking of the coming of the new covenant in Jesus Christ.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
I say it to separate what you say from what I say.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well I know you are not God.
Shalom.

Are you suggesting or do you think that I am Satan? How you answer this question, yes or no, determines if you are delusional. Obviously none of us are God. But none of us are Satan either. You are not Satan.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Are you suggesting or do you think that I am Satan? How you answer this question, yes or no, determines if you are delusional. Obviously none of us are God. But none of us are Satan either. You are not Satan.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol I know I'm not satan.