ECT Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

marhig

This is true.

Paul teaches this with these verses...

Romans 7:

15 For I do not understand what I am doing, because I do not practice what I want to do, but I do what I hate. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 So now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it. 19 For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but it is the sin that lives in me.
He's not talking about wilful sinning, he's talking about sin, we all sin, but once we realised we have sinned we should repent. I might say something I shouldn't have and then I realise, or have a bad thought, but when i see I'm doing wrong I should stop and go to God for forgiveness and forgive anyone who does anything you me too because we are flesh and Satan controls flesh, but the spirit wars with the flesh and he will be teaching us Gods true way in our hearts, and he's definitely telling me that it's wrong to sin wilfuly, my conscience is pricked straight away, isn't yours?

If it's ok to wilfully sin then that gives the green light to do anything we want

Paul said it was wrong to wilfully sin clearly in Hebrews, 10

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe that Jesus ever sinned, and he came as an example for us to follow, and I certainly don't believe that it's ok to wilfully sin and think your going to heaven. The holy spirit should be stopping us from wilfully sinning. Our conscience should be in overdrive and we should be denying ourselves, Jesus taught us to deny ourselves we are to deny our flesh, Satan sins not Christ, so we should be denying Satan by stopping wilfully sinning.

Do you not believe Jesus when he said we must deny ourselves?

At your admission Of Jesus sinlessness, I extend respect.

I agree that He alone was sinless, and God forbid my words ever encourage others to sin.

I am bound to tell the truth, and I assure you that whatever I have that others would call righteousness is nothing. I profess that He alone is without Sin, and He alone is in keeping with perfection.

I agree that much growth is obtained from denying ourselves, as long as our eyes are on Him and His righteousness alone is the focus.

marhig

Good post.
There is a perspective from the Hebrew Rabbis that I also like.
That looks really interesting, I'll read that. I read a bit about the yoke and you can see why Jesus said his yoke is easy and his burden was light. He wasn't going to add on the traditions of men, only the ways of God and the ways of God lift us above the ways of this world. And if we love God with all our heart and our neighbour ourselves then we will cover them because we won't break his laws if our heart of full of love for God and others around us.

marhig

At your admission Of Jesus sinlessness, I extend respect.

I agree that He alone was sinless, and God forbid my words ever encourage others to sin.

I am bound to tell the truth, and I assure you that whatever I have that others would call righteousness is nothing. I profess that He alone is without Sin, and He alone is in keeping with perfection.

I agree that much growth is obtained from denying ourselves, as long as our eyes are on Him and His righteousness alone is the focus.
Yes, it says in the Bible that Jesus was sinless, he was even strong in the Spirit at the age of twelve. I truly believe that he never sinned, not once. He was a perfect example and he is the holy son of God he is the Christ. I love him and the father deeply.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
He's not talking about wilful sinning, he's talking about sin, we all sin, but once we realised we have sinned we should repent. I might say something I shouldn't have and then I realise, or have a bad thought, but when i see I'm doing wrong I should stop and go to God for forgiveness and forgive anyone who does anything you me too because we are flesh and Satan controls flesh, but the spirit wars with the flesh and he will be teaching us Gods true way in our hearts, and he's definitely telling me that it's wrong to sin wilfuly, my conscience is pricked straight away, isn't yours?

If it's ok to wilfully sin then that gives the green light to do anything we want

Paul said it was wrong to wilfully sin clearly in Hebrews, 10

Galatians 2:

But if we ourselves are also found to be "sinners" while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter of sin? Absolutely not!

And again a very difficult theological minefield of danger, but:

Romans 5Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Faith Triumphs
5 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace[a] with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. 5 This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Those Declared Righteous Are Reconciled
6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die. 8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! 9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath. 10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, then how much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life! 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have now received this reconciliation through Him.

Death through Adam and Life through Christ
12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, in this way death spread to all men, because all sinned.[c] 13 In fact, sin was in the world before the law, but sin is not charged to a person’s account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who did not sin in the likeness of Adam’s transgression. He is a prototype[d] of the Coming One.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if by the one man’s trespass the many died, how much more have the grace of God and the gift overflowed to the many by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ. 16 And the gift is not like the one man’s sin, because from one sin came the judgment, resulting in condemnation, but from many trespasses came the gift, resulting in justification.[e] 17 Since by the one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive the overflow of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification[f] for everyone. 19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. 20 The law came along to multiply the trespass. But where sin multiplied, grace multiplied even more 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace will reign through righteousness, resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And again: Paul ends this thought with, should we sin that grace might abound? Absolutely not.....

But in honesty, I admit that I am deserving unto death, but only rescued by Jesus.

In this, I will never tell you a lie and say that I do not ever sin, because then, I will be denying that I am in need of His Spirit and Mercy every day to grow, but never to be perfect as He is.

That perfection will be given at the day of transformation.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

Yes, it says in the Bible that Jesus was sinless, he was even strong in the Spirit at the age of twelve. I truly believe that he never sinned, not once. He was a perfect example and he is the holy son of God he is the Christ. I love him and the father deeply.

marhig , in your words I find peace and suggest that we are different in walk, but both encouragers in Spirit.

I'm not saying our theology is the same, but that we both Love and appreciate Jesus.

marhig

Galatians 2:

But if we ourselves are also found to be "sinners" while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter of sin? Absolutely not!

And again a very difficult theological minefield of danger, but:

Romans 5Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Faith Triumphs
5 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace[a] with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. 5 This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Those Declared Righteous Are Reconciled
6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die. 8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! 9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath. 10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, then how much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life! 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have now received this reconciliation through Him.

Death through Adam and Life through Christ
12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, in this way death spread to all men, because all sinned.[c] 13 In fact, sin was in the world before the law, but sin is not charged to a person’s account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who did not sin in the likeness of Adam’s transgression. He is a prototype[d] of the Coming One.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if by the one man’s trespass the many died, how much more have the grace of God and the gift overflowed to the many by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ. 16 And the gift is not like the one man’s sin, because from one sin came the judgment, resulting in condemnation, but from many trespasses came the gift, resulting in justification.[e] 17 Since by the one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive the overflow of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification[f] for everyone. 19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. 20 The law came along to multiply the trespass. But where sin multiplied, grace multiplied even more 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace will reign through righteousness, resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And again: Paul ends this thought with, should we sin that grace might abound? Absolutely not.....

But in honesty, I admit that I am deserving unto death, but only rescued by Jesus.

In this, I will never tell you a lie and say that I do not ever sin, because then, I will be denying that I am in need of His Spirit and Mercy every day to grow, but never to be perfect as He is.

That perfection will be given at the day of transformation.

I don't know you, and I'm only talking about myself now. But i fear God to go and wilfully sin. If my conscience is telling me no or it's wrong to do something, then I believe I must listen to it. I do sin but hopefully not wilfully, but it's nothing to do with me, it's only by the spirit of God am I being saved from sin daily and the strength of Christ is helping me to overcome sin and putting my flesh to death. I know me, and my heart would be filthy without God.

I could have lied a big lie a couple of weeks ago to save myself some money and I was tempted, without God i would have definitely lied, no problem, I know myself, and as I don't have much and I had a big bill to pay I could have easily done it. But my conscience burned inside me. I had people telling me to do it. But knew it was wrong so I held on, I thought what would Jesus do..... well he wouldn't lie. So I didn't do it. It was lucky I never, because I would have caused a lot of trouble. And I ended up getting what I needed paid for anyway but honestly. So God God guided me in the right way, and I thank him that I listened.

It's a blessing to know the living God

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I don't know you, and I'm only talking about myself now. But i fear God to go and wilfully sin. If my conscience is telling me no or it's wrong to do something, then I believe I must listen to it. I do sin but hopefully not wilfully, but it's nothing to do with me, it's only by the spirit of God am I being saved from sin daily and the strength of Christ is helping me to overcome sin and putting my flesh to death. I know me, and my heart would be filthy without God.

I could have lied a big lie a couple of weeks ago to save myself some money and I was tempted, without God i would have definitely lied, no problem, I know myself, and as I don't have much and I had a big bill to pay I could have easily done it. But my conscience burned inside me. I had people telling me to do it. But knew it was wrong so I held on, I thought what would Jesus do..... well he wouldn't lie. So I didn't do it. It was lucky I never, because I would have caused a lot of trouble. And I ended up getting what I needed paid for anyway but honestly. So God God guided me in the right way, and I thank him that I listened.

It's a blessing to know the living God

I hope to find peace with you in agreeing that it is a blessing to know the living God!

radind

Show me from the Holy Bible where someone is called Rabbi.

This is what I found( interesting):

Matthew 23:7 (NASB)
7 and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men.
Matthew 23:8 (NASB)
8 "But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.
Matthew 26:25 (NASB)
25 And Judas, who was betraying Him, said, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" Jesus *said to him, "You have said it yourself."
Matthew 26:49 (NASB)
49 Immediately Judas went to Jesus and said, "Hail, Rabbi!" and kissed Him.
Mark 9:5 (NASB)
5 Peter *said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make three tabernacles, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
Mark 11:21 (NASB)
21 Being reminded, Peter *said to Him, "Rabbi, look, the fig tree which You cursed has withered."
Mark 14:45 (NASB)
45 After coming, Judas immediately went to Him, saying, "Rabbi!" and kissed Him.
John 1:38 (NASB)
38 And Jesus turned and saw them following, and *said to them, "What do you seek?" They said to Him, "Rabbi (which translated means Teacher), where are You staying?"
John 1:49 (NASB)
49 Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."
John 3:2 (NASB)
2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
John 3:26 (NASB)
26 And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified, behold, He is baptizing and all are coming to Him."
John 4:31 (NASB)
31 Meanwhile the disciples were urging Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat."
John 6:25 (NASB)
25 When they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, "Rabbi, when did You get here?"
John 9:2 (NASB)
2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
John 11:8 (NASB)
8 The disciples *said to Him, "Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone You, and are You going there again?"

Bradley D

No one gets saved UNTIL they obey.

No one stays saved unless they keep obeying.

YOU preach against obeying to be saved.

How do you ever get that there is a right and wrong time to obey?

How did you ever get the idea that I said there is a "right and wrong time to obey?"

Believe, faith, abide!

popsthebuilder

Sin is a noun, and I have none. I am a slave to righteousness. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under their power.
You are sending messages contrary to the truth, likely not intentionally.

Not saying you're wrong exactly, but that you are confusing.

You say you have no sin because all is righteous for you?

Murder?
Rape?
Lying?

These things are righteous for you?

I'm not judging.

I am honestly confused as to how this could be perceived as correct.

Humbly,
Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Sin is a noun, and I have none. I am a slave to righteousness. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under their power.

All things are lawful for you? Do you know that Paul was quoting what a person MIGHT say, as in a person without understanding might say?

God's Truth

I'm just trying to understand you, what do you mean when you say that you have no sin?

If he explains to you what his beliefs are, be prepared to hear a strange belief that many here believe in, and that is that NO MATTER what they do as far as sins are concerned---it is NOT counted to God as a sin. He and many others here believe that they do NOT even have to confess sins after they are saved.

God's Truth

You are sending messages contrary to the truth, likely not intentionally.

Not saying you're wrong exactly, but that you are confusing.

You say you have no sin because all is righteous for you?

Murder?
Rape?
Lying?

These things are righteous for you?

I'm not judging.

I am honestly confused as to how this could be perceived as correct.

Humbly,
Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

I could hardly believe what I was told about his beliefs some years ago. Many here believe that they could do ANY sin and NOT confess to God and repent of it, but it still not be recognized as sin, in the eyes of God.