ECT Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

Unbelievers will suffer and die for their own sins.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LA

How come you're consistently wrong? Christ died for the sins of ALL humanity. However, only those you place their faith in Christ as their Savior will reap the benefits. Those who reject God's Gift will stand before God and be judged by their works.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How come you're consistently wrong? Christ died for the sins of ALL humanity. However, only those you place their faith in Christ as their Savior will reap the benefits. Those who reject God's Gift will stand before God and be judged by their works.

Salvation is by grace through faith, not by what people say or do.

Those resurrected will have paid the price for their sins and their sins will not be charged back to them. When a debt is paid, it's paid,

Bradley D

No amount of works can get anyone into heaven. Only through the Lord Jesus' sacrifice can sins be washed away. If one does not believe that. How can they be saved if that is the only way.

God's Truth

No amount of works can get anyone into heaven. Only through the Lord Jesus' sacrifice can sins be washed away. If one does not believe that. How can they be saved if that is the only way.

Jesus is the Word of God that means his words are God's words. Jesus says his words are LIFE. You will not have life if you do not obey Jesus' words.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

John 6:63 ...The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

God's Truth

There are people who preach we only have to believe and nothing else. They teach that obeying Jesus is to believe we only have to have faith.

Did Jesus only believe the Father? NO! Jesus obeyed the Father.

John 8:55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No.

The unbelievers are the ones who inflicted the punishments upon Jesus, which were taken on behalf of His Bride.

and the unbelievers are still hurting Him.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

The "we", are the believers.

LA

Interplanner

That's is an ignorant or divisive question. She meant exactly the same thing.

DAN P

LA

Hi and just does ATONEMENT mean , since it is 99% used in the OT ?

Atonement is mentioned in Rom 5:11 and in 2 Cor 5:18 and 19 where many translate it KATALLASSO /RECONCILIATION and we se that it a TRANSLITERALED word with many meaning and for the ATONEMENT to be applied in the OT you needed a PRIEST , so where did you find a PRIEST today , for THEY are all JEWISH !!

Where did IT be applied , as HEB 9:15 SAYS WHY , don't you see ?

The taking away of our sin , Gal 2:20 and Rom 6:4 is better !!?

dan p

Last edited:

Bradley D

Jesus is the Word of God that means his words are God's words. Jesus says his words are LIFE. You will not have life if you do not obey Jesus' words.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

John 6:63 ...The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

If one truly "believes" they will "obey."

Danoh

You're not in a position to do that.

Some thoughts, bro...

In fairness, I was going to point out something I have pointed out in the past on here about Interplanner - that he has always struck me as being clear on what the Cross of Christ accomplished.

He often attempted to point out the finished work of the Cross to Faither; to no avail.

He has tried to point it out to GT; to no avail.

In fact, he and I both met on another forum that later banned him for his having voiced his belief against "gay" marriage.

I have not forgotten his having spoken up like that on an issue too many believers are too passive about.

It cost him his being able to participate with many believers of all schools of thought on that other forum: who basically liked him; even many who strongly disagreed with him on Eschatology; and visa-versa.

Further; when asked, he has never skirted the issue of the Cross - that "It is finished."

This here...

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

While, when not asked, he is just as likely to volunteer his view that the work of the Cross is finished - as he has just done with you.

Eschatology not being Soteriology, we're likely to differ with some on the former of these, despite differences in understanding on the latter.

Though I'm not sure why he posted to you on the Cross, as you also have also always struck me as being clear on it.

Okay, enough of that; back to riding you Inter :chuckle: