"Christ is the End of the Law" Romans 10:4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

If Jesus did not abolish the law we do not have a Gospel, nor do we have salvation. If Jesus did not abolish the law for us, in the judgment we will be condemned. Our only hope is to stand before God "In Christ" and to be found perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If we are still under the law there is no hope that will happen.

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law for us, then abolished it. This is what the Bible teaches.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, EVEN THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances: for to make in himself one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.

There cannot be any peace if the law has not been abolished. There can only be judgment and condemnation. Where there is law there is judgment. If we stand before the law in the judgment we will be condemned.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

These two scriptures plainly tell us that the law has been abolished for the Christian. The unbelievers are still under the law and will be judged by it and condemned. There cannot be a Gospel, nor can we be justified by faith if the law has not been abolished.

Those that oppose this teaching are usually very religious. They like to think that they are capable of obeying the law and pleasing God. Paul plainly said,

"By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

One of the purposes of the law is to judge and condemn. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the law justifies, nor does it say that the law will make you righteous. The law is not our friend. Thank God that it has been abolished.

The law is good because it reveals the nature and the character of God. He is HOLY, Holy, Holy beyond human comprehension. The law was our schoolmaster that led us to Christ, Galatians 3:24,25. When we saw how holy God was, we ran to Jesus to be saved.

glorydaz

The Greek word translated "end" means goal.

Christ is the goal of the law, not the end of it.

The purpose of the law is to "Bring us unto Christ", which is why the words "to every one that believeth" is so important to that verse. So, it means the same thing...the end goal.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​

We see it explained here.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

clefty

The purpose of the law is to "Bring us unto Christ", which is why the words "to every one that believeth" is so important to that verse. So, it means the same thing...the end goal.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​

We see it explained here.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Which means we can kill and steal just not keep Sabbath Holy...that is for jews

glorydaz

Which means we can kill and steal just not keep Sabbath Holy...that is for jews

No, because the law never made anyone righteous...nor was it intended to.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

daqq

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

If Jesus did not abolish the law we do not have a Gospel, nor do we have salvation. If Jesus did not abolish the law for us, in the judgment we will be condemned. Our only hope is to stand before God "In Christ" and to be found perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If we are still under the law there is no hope that will happen.

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law for us, then abolished it. This is what the Bible teaches.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, EVEN THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances: for to make in himself one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.

There cannot be any peace if the law has not been abolished. There can only be judgment and condemnation. Where there is law there is judgment. If we stand before the law in the judgment we will be condemned.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

These two scriptures plainly tell us that the law has been abolished for the Christian. The unbelievers are still under the law and will be judged by it and condemned. There cannot be a Gospel, nor can we be justified by faith if the law has not been abolished.

Those that oppose this teaching are usually very religious. They like to think that they are capable of obeying the law and pleasing God. Paul plainly said,

"By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

One of the purposes of the law is to judge and condemn. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the law justifies, nor does it say that the law will make you righteous. The law is not our friend. Thank God that it has been abolished.

The law is good because it reveals the nature and the character of God. He is HOLY, Holy, Holy beyond human comprehension. The law was our schoolmaster that led us to Christ, Galatians 3:24,25. When we saw how holy God was, we ran to Jesus to be saved.

Lol, apparently the law is not done away with even for you yourself: for your name is blood-red at the moment, and there is a blood-red banner across your profile which says banned. Did you break the law again? Did you open your mouth and bear false witness against someone again in an attempt to slay and kill their reputation? Remember the last time you told me that "the law was for murderers"? and how I responded? See? the law is indeed for you: cut off that slayer spirit from your midst and bridle your tongue, O man, use the law lawfully as Paul says. :chuckle:

clefty

No, because the law never made anyone righteous...nor was it intended to.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Right...which means we can kill and steal just not keep the Sabbath Holy because that is too jewish...

clefty

No, because you are an unbeliever, and you are still under the law....facing the wrath of God for every wrong thought and action you think or commit.

Some kill and steal and claim to be IN HIM...

It’s when you keep the Sabbath Holy is when it’s too jewish...cuz you are not under the schoolmaster...

Others insist in Him you dont kill and steal...all but 1 of the 10...cuz well, you are not under the schoolmaster...

Wanna guess which one of the 10 you dont have to keep IN HIM?

glorydaz

Some kill and steal and claim to be IN HIM...

It’s when you keep the Sabbath Holy is when it’s too jewish...cuz you are not under the schoolmaster...

Others insist in Him you dont kill and steal...all but 1 of the 10...cuz well, you are not under the schoolmaster...

Wanna guess which one of the 10 you dont have to keep IN HIM?

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Jesus is our Sabbath Rest.
Those IN HIM have entered into His rest on the day of our salvation.

clefty

Right so we are only expected to keep 9 of the 10...despite the 4th clearly stating Sabbath is NOT a person but a day...the seventh after six days of work...and we are to keep it as He did...entered His rest that creation week after working 6...

Sabbath means cessation of work...we still needs to work IN HIM...not be slothful

glorydaz

Right so we are only expected to keep 9 of the 10...despite the 4th clearly stating Sabbath is NOT a person but a day...the seventh after six days of work...and we are to keep it as He did...entered His rest that creation week after working 6

Who is this "we" you keep referring to? What do you mean by "expected to keep"?

It seems, though, that you don't know the Sabbath was a "sign" between the Lord and the children of Israel?

Exodus 31:12-14
12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

I've read where others make that same claim.

Jesus called us to work, not rest.

The purpose of salvation is service, not retirement.

glorydaz

Sabbath means cessation of work...we still needs to work IN HIM...not be slothful

Resting in the Lord is not being slothful. It's being obedient.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

clefty

Who is this "we" you keep referring to?
we who claim to be in Him

What do you mean by "expected to keep"?
well in Him are we allowed to kill or steal...or any of the other 10 once prohibited before we were no longer under school master...or are we expected to keep the 9 except that 1 we are not supposed to keep because He BECAME that one commandment...that specific period of time

It seems, though, that you don't know the Sabbath was a "sign" between the Lord and the children of Israel?

Exodus 31:12-14
12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.​

And the only commandment specifically given to non native foreigners saved with israel from egypt...in fact the other 9 were not...but given just to jews...ok Israel...right? Not a peep about dont kill being given to non jews...sorry non israel

I guess you dont consider yourself israel...so why do you bother keeping at least 9 of the commandments?

glorydaz

I've read where others make that same claim.

Jesus called us to work, not rest.

The purpose of salvation is service, not retirement.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Jesus is talking about all worldly work. Jesus is not telling you you don't have to work.

Jesus gave His followers spiritual work which is not the same as the world.

His work is for God's kingdom, not for this world..

glorydaz

we who claim to be in Him

well in Him are we allowed to kill or steal...or any of the other 10 once prohibited before we were no longer under school master...except 1 we are not supposed to keep one because He BECAME that one commandment...that specific period of time

Has not being "allowed" to kill ever stopped a killer? Has not being allowed to steal ever stopped a thief.

The law is simply a list of rules.

And the only commandment specifically given to non native foreigners saved with israel from egypt...in fact the other 9 were not...biven just to jews...ok Israel...right? Not a peep about dont kill being given to non jews...sorry israel

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.