Chidren are a blessing

HisServant

We'll let Him judge me. Just like we'll let Him judge your lack of value of children as possibly your self idolatry, which is a big part of the reason why children are not valued.

It is hard to understand why pagans were judged harshly and children were killed. But when you see it in the light of Jesus, and God maneuvered to establish the Jews to usher in His love and grace to all, sense can be made of it. Thank God we are in the times of His grace for all.

What about God allowing Satan to kill off Jobs' family... for nothing more than a test of faith.

But than again, we are not to fear what can kill the body, we are to fear what can kill the soul.. as scripture states.

And I do value my kids, in so much that I never coddled them and from day one I raised them with the simple goal that they be productive and self sufficient by the age of 18 and be good citizens.

Did I run them around to sporting events... no. Although 1 year I coached a team. Did I ever give them an allowance?.. only if they worked for it.

Both kids a are grown and now have kids of their own (2 each).. I don't think either want more.

Kids are something to view in a realistic manner.... they are sinful and selfish from the moment they take their first breath.

popsthebuilder

Roe v Wade wasn't the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women DYING from abortion .
Children may be a blessing , but not if you are too poor to provide for them . Being born into poverty, hunger,malnutrition , lack of decent housing and medical care is not a "blessing" for a child. It is a CURSE .
That's why people should be responsible for their actions and not be promiscuous and expect others to take up their burden. If abortion is bad and neglecting parental duties is bad then the simplest fix is to be responsible.

Peace

Jamie Gigliotti

What about God allowing Satan to kill off Jobs' family... for nothing more than a test of faith.

But than again, we are not to fear what can kill the body, we are to fear what can kill the soul.. as scripture states.

And I do value my kids, in so much that I never coddled them and from day one I raised them with the simple goal that they be productive and self sufficient by the age of 18 and be good citizens.

Did I run them around to sporting events... no. Although 1 year I coached a team. Did I ever give them an allowance?.. only if they worked for it.

Both kids a are grown and now have kids of their own (2 each).. I don't think either want more.

Kids are something to view in a realistic manner.... they are sinful and selfish from the moment they take their first breath.

As far as Job goes. God answered Job by basically saying, "trust me, no matter what circumstances come your way, I'm God." (paraphrasing)

I think your last statement is paramount. "View in a realistic manner". We have agreed that children can be idolized, which is bad. Also as you said they are born into sin, but they have such enormous value, such enormous redeeming qualities, that Jesus died for them. All human life by Christ's actions have enormous value, and in that realistic view, if God gives life, let's cherrish the opputunity of goodness and love.

After me and my wife had difficulty getting pregnant, one pregnancy in 10 years. And that one came through many prayers as the doctors doubted my wife's fertility. Samuel was born in such a way as His mother Hannah cried out to God in her sorrow. God's love is hard to grasp for many and undoubtedly He has used the gift of a child to move my wife to His arms as He did Hannah.

After us then coming to brink of losing our marriage and our faith, we struggled to recomitt ourselves to each and Him. A pregnancy against the odds and subsequent miscarriage, moved us further down to our knees. My collapsed marriage and then a miscarriage, not to mention my wife lost her Dad the same year, had me yelling at God very Jobesque in my heart. That was 2013.
Jan 2014 at 41 after years of fertility issues and then a miscarriage, and mis-marriage so to speak, and mis-faith so to speak, I finally fell back to my knees and In a moment where God used Matt Maher to reach my wounded, prideful heart, I said "Lord I need you"! After heavy bleeding, early on, then much prayer from our returned to church family, Luke(the light)(now 16 months) has brought us nothing but light and healing and love, that has come from God, as all love does.

As someone who was born from a 16 year old that only had her faith to give her the courage keep her son, I've always tried to trust God with such a huge decision of a child entering this world.
Now at 43 we find ourselves with another child on the way. To say there has been no fear would be a lie, but I do ultimately believe He has the power to handle such matters, and I choose to trust Him.
I don't see what He gives as a burden to anything, especially not ministry, but another glorious ministry oppurtunity, "May these hallelujahs be multiplied"! (Need to Breathe)
In God's love and peace.

Last edited: