Chidren are a blessing

Jamie Gigliotti

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

It's a sad day on the anniversary of the U.S. Government rejecting this truth and the truth that our nation was founded upon.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The Declaration of Independence

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

It's a sad day on the anniversary of the U.S. Government rejecting this truth and the truth that our nation was founded upon.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The Declaration of Independence

apparently men are not "created" until they're born

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
apparently men are not "created" until they're born

According to God's covenant, human life begins when it is attached to the mother. Until attachment, there is no mother.

An ovum expelled during menstruation is not a human life.

Nanja

Psalm 127:3 KJV
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

The only children that are an heritage, an inheritance, of the Lord are His Adopted Children,
the Spiritual Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16 KJV, Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world
as spoken of in Eph. 1:4-5 KJV; 2 Tim. 1:9.

John Gill Commentary on Psalm 127:3

Verse 3. Lo, children [are] an heritage of the Lord,.... As all success, safety, and the blessings of life, depend on the providence of God; so this very great blessing is a gift of his; having children, and those good ones, as the Targum interprets it; for of such only can it be understood: so, in a spiritual sense, the children of Christ, the antitypical Solomon, are the gifts of his heavenly Father to him; his portion and inheritance, and a goodly heritage he esteems them;

[and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward; "fruit" {y} is the same with "children" in the preceding clause; see Luke 1:42; a reward he gives to good men, not of debt, but of grace; the Targum, "a reward of good works:" so regenerate persons are a reward to Christ, of his sufferings and death, Isaiah 53:10.

~~~~~

6days

Perhaps slightly off topic, but I would like to encourage parents / grandparents who aren't feeling 'the blessing'. :)

I have 3 daughters. The oldest two grew up accepting Christ as their Savior at a young age, got baptized and shared Christ with their friends. They were also quite involved in different programs at church.

Daughter #3 informed us that she had no intention of being a goody-two shoes like her sisters. And, boy.... did she mean it. I can't share all she did...its painful. By age 14 she was brought home by police, and often away for many days at a time. Different interventions failed. I can't tell the heartache and pain.

At age 17 she called me late one night and slurring her words told me what a awful dad I was. She told me she would get married when she turned 18 and then she would be out of our lives. She married a 40 yr old at age 18. Surprisingly we were invited to a ceremony in a back yard performed by a justice of the peace. (Parents should attend their childrens wedding even if very opposed). Shortly after this, they stole our car we had struggled to buy... and 'other stuff' happened. They split up... but our daughter remained a prodigal. (More so from God than us).

About 2 or 3 years ago, daughter #3 accepted Christ as her Savior and Lord. She became excited about reading her Bible.... Excited about being a mom to her two boys.... excited about her family. A couple months later I was invited to assist our pastor in baptizing her. Wow.... tears of joy. Rarely a day goes by now when I don't get a "I love you, Dad". God is so good!

So....to parents and grandparents who aren't feeling blessed. Never give up. PRAY>>>PRAY>>>PRAY. God does answer prayer.

Bradley D

"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit....As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy" (Luke 1:41, 44).

The unborn felt joy. The babe is a living being.

Jamie Gigliotti

Perhaps slightly off topic, but I would like to encourage parents / grandparents who aren't feeling 'the blessing'. :)

I have 3 daughters. The oldest two grew up accepting Christ as their Savior at a young age, got baptized and shared Christ with their friends. They were also quite involved in different programs at church.

Daughter #3 informed us that she had no intention of being a goody-two shoes like her sisters. And, boy.... did she mean it. I can't share all she did...its painful. By age 14 she was brought home by police, and often away for many days at a time. Different interventions failed. I can't tell the heartache and pain.

At age 17 she called me late one night and slurring her words told me what a awful dad I was. She told me she would get married when she turned 18 and then she would be out of our lives. She married a 40 yr old at age 18. Surprisingly we were invited to a ceremony in a back yard performed by a justice of the peace. (Parents should attend their childrens wedding even if very opposed). Shortly after this, they stole our car we had struggled to buy... and 'other stuff' happened. They split up... but our daughter remained a prodigal. (More so from God than us).

About 2 or 3 years ago, daughter #3 accepted Christ as her Savior and Lord. She became excited about reading her Bible.... Excited about being a mom to her two boys.... excited about her family. A couple months later I was invited to assist our pastor in baptizing her. Wow.... tears of joy. Rarely a day goes by now when I don't get a "I love you, Dad". God is so good!

So....to parents and grandparents who aren't feeling blessed. Never give up. PRAY>>>PRAY>>>PRAY. God does answer prayer.

Thank you so much for that faith building testimony! May God's love and peace continue to be with your family.

Jamie Gigliotti

Psalm 127:3 KJV
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

The only children that are an heritage, an inheritance, of the Lord are His Adopted Children,
the Spiritual Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16 KJV, Chosen in Him before the foundation of the world
as spoken of in Eph. 1:4-5 KJV; 2 Tim. 1:9.

John Gill Commentary on Psalm 127:3

~~~~~

"the fruit" as in be fruitful and multiply. God deems life good. None of us would be here if God did not deem our redemptive possibilities pure goodness worthy of Christ's blood. Besides all children are His.

Nanja

"the fruit" as in be fruitful and multiply. God deems life good. None of us would be here if God did not deem our redemptive possibilities pure goodness worthy of Christ's blood. Besides all children are His.

False teaching! Redemption was never merely a possibility,
but Christ gave His Life exclusively for His People He came to Save Mat. 1:21:
His Sheep John 10:11, 15, His Church Eph. 5:25.
These are the only Children that are His, and that He Loved.

Mat. 25:34
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Eph. 1:4-5
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,
according to the good pleasure of his will

Now the remainder of humanity are the devils children Mat. 13:38-39,
the cursed goats Mat. 25:41 that God never loved, but He appointed them to be condemned Jude 1:4!

~~~~~

Buzzword

They're a blessing my wife and I can live without, thanks to the advancement of science.

There have always been people who should never have been trusted with a child, yet too many still breed because someone convinced them at an early age that medical advances in contraception are somehow immoral.

At least nowadays, the more self-aware of us can successfully avoid ruining our lives while still enjoying a healthy sex life.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
children are a blessing
they make life worth living
but
we are commanded to be fruitful and multiply
so
we cannot allow abortion to be legal

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Roe v Wade wasn't the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women DYING from abortion .
Children may be a blessing , but not if you are too poor to provide for them . Being born into poverty, hunger,malnutrition , lack of decent housing and medical care is not a "blessing" for a child. It is a CURSE .

Jamie Gigliotti

False teaching! Redemption was never merely a possibility,
but Christ gave His Life exclusively for His People He came to Save Mat. 1:21:
His Sheep John 10:11, 15, His Church Eph. 5:25.
These are the only Children that are His, and that He Loved.

Mat. 25:34
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Eph. 1:4-5
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself,
according to the good pleasure of his will

Now the remainder of humanity are the devils children Mat. 13:38-39,
the cursed goats Mat. 25:41 that God never loved, but He appointed them to be condemned Jude 1:4!

~~~~~

"For God so loved the world" John 3:16
"...God our savior, who desires all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:3-4

His word says differently. He loves all.

Jamie Gigliotti

Roe v Wade wasn't the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women DYING from abortion .
Children may be a blessing , but not if you are too poor to provide for them . Being born into poverty, hunger,malnutrition , lack of decent housing and medical care is not a "blessing" for a child. It is a CURSE .
Killing our children is not an answer to end poverty.

Jamie Gigliotti

They're a blessing my wife and I can live without, thanks to the advancement of science.

There have always been people who should never have been trusted with a child, yet too many still breed because someone convinced them at an early age that medical advances in contraception are somehow immoral.

At least nowadays, the more self-aware of us can successfully avoid ruining our lives while still enjoying a healthy sex life.
Is that decision because it's your will or God's?

Nanja

"For God so loved the world" John 3:16
"...God our savior, who desires all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:3-4

His word says differently. He loves all.

You have no understanding of John 3:16.
The word "world" in that verse is the Greek word kosmos
which one definition is:
"any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort"

And I have demonstrated right from the scriptures
in post #12 that God does not love all of humanity.
So that "world" in John 3:16 can only be a collection of particulars:
His Chosen Elect Children whom he did Love Eph. 1:4.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,
because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Now with regard to 1 Tim. 2:4, the "all men" that God wills to be saved
are the same Particular Elect ones in John 3:16:
All those who were Chosen by God in Christ Eph. 1:4, and Given to Christ by the Father:

John 6:37-39
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me
I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day

Because God is Spirit, His Word is also Spiritual, and can only be correctly discerned
by His Elect Children who have been given His Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22;
comparing scripture with scripture in order to come to Truth.

1 Cor 2:9-13
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man,
save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things
that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth,
but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

Buzzword

Is that decision because it's your will or God's?

If you happen to have a factual method of differentiating, feel free to share.

Regardless, YOUR choices in the matter of MY reproduction are to either trust my and my wife's judgement and our knowledge of ourselves which greatly exceeds your knowledge of ourselves, or tend your own garden and leave us to tend ours.