ECT Can God be tempted?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Law vs grace is irrelevant and otherwise only serves to complicate what otherwise is not difficult to understand.

Over and above what you have stated you overlook the fact that Jesus was the second Adam. He could NOT be called that if he was not excactly as Adam was, i.e., born innocent to be made holy. Adam failed. Jesus didn't. How, as a man, He performed it is why we need be concerned. Secondly, He needed not be anything more than that nor could have been in order to cancel out Adam's transgression. Yes, there were rules that had to be adhered to and were being observed by the angels for the satisfaction of all concerned, even Satan. Battles were being fought in the heavenlies and still are being fought in this regard that now are for the souls of men who have sworn their allegiance to God just as Jesus did to win the victory. The fact that Jesus won the victory means we too can win it unto son-ship in the Father for for Jesus "blazed the trail".

Cross Reference,

I disagree that law vs. grace is not important here. Also, did you read my response about David. I took the time to answer.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can God be tempted?

Law vs grace is irrelevant and otherwise only serves to complicate what otherwise is not difficult to understand.

Over and above what you have stated you overlook the fact that Jesus was the second Adam. He could NOT be called that if he was not excactly as Adam was, i.e., born innocent to be made holy. Adam failed, Jesus didn't. How, as a man, He performed it is why we need be concerned.

Secondly, He needed not be anything more than that nor could have been in order to cancel out Adam's transgression. Yes, there were rules that had to be adhered to and were being observed by the angels for the satisfaction of all concerned, even Satan. Battles were being fought in the heavenlies and still are being fought in this regard that now are for the souls of men who have sworn their allegiance to God just as Jesus did to win the victory. The fact that Jesus won the victory means we too can win it unto son-ship in the Father for for Jesus "blazed the trail".

In addition look for my replydirectly in reference to Jesus being tempted.

way 2 go

But the 3 temptations of Christ show the attempt to tempt God.

Turn these stones to bread.... As this refers to Moses specifically in Origin.

Exodus 34:28Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

28 Moses was there with the Lord 40 days and 40 nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. He wrote the Ten Commandments, the words of the covenant, on the tablets.

More specifically, this goes further:

As Jesus is tempted to jump from the tabernacle pinochle.

The Angels were there and would have gloriously revealed that Jesus was God, however the act would have been a self glorifying act and it would have opened Jesus up to condemnation, and relegated His coming to only the Jews...

The bowing before the devil temptation shows that the devil indeed had dominion by God over all in the world.

Paul reveals how this was through the law.

did the devil tempt\test Jesus ? yes

Bob is on a diet , Dave tempts Bob
with a doughnut, Bob hates doughnuts.
did dave tempt bob , yes was bob tempted, no.

Mat 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread."
Mat 4:4 But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

temted:
G3985
πειράζω
peirazō
pi-rad'-zo
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
did the devil tempt\test Jesus ? yes

Bob is on a diet , Dave tempts Bob
with a doughnut, Bob hates doughnuts.
did dave tempt bob , yes was bob tempted, no.

Mat 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread."
Mat 4:4 But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

temted:
G3985
πειράζω
peirazō
pi-rad'-zo
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt

Ofcourse... True...

Gods temptation only proved His perfection at the close of the matter.

Cross Reference

Cross Reference,

I disagree that law vs. grace is not important here. Also, did you read my response about David. I took the time to answer.

It is irrelevant. Did you read my reply? What can you possibly disagree with?

Jesus' allegiance to His Father brought Him through. Learning how to have the same allegiance is what the Christian life is all about, isn't it? I believe you need to answer these easy questions, don't you?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can God be tempted?

God can't be tempted.

I am in agreement with you on your words. I wasn't trying to draw others to Law vs Grace, I was explaining that Jesus was tempted and overcame through the Power of His Father (Father and Son One, yet the great mystery and teacher of us ALL)

I believe this to be pertinent to Law vs Grace because it shows how we Need grace as we are indeed falling daily in response to temptation as human beings. Even our greatest victories show nothing of how great Gods victory was...

Consider this scripture...

Hebrews 4:

15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tested in every way as we are, yet without sin.

The word tested can also be seen as tempted in many translations and the original Greek, per oldest manuscripts that have survived and their scholarly compilations.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can God be tempted?

It is irrelevant. Did you read my reply? What can you possibly disagree with?

Jesus' allegiance to His Father brought Him through. Learning how to have the same allegiance is what the Christian life is all about, isn't it? I believe you need to answer these easy questions, don't you?

I fully expanded on that allegiance through the terms of David.

I will look again, but I have indeed read every word you have written on this and find no disagreement.

Please expound on how you would like me to expound in light of David here. I must have misunderstood you. I posted several long posts on David and temptation.

I do not disagree with you on any point.

Please forgive my missing of the exact meaning of your initial question.

I have answered in ways I thought relevant, but am obviously missing the mark.

Help me clarify please.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
But I still note that we are not to tempt the Lord are God, by scripture and I also assert the Hebrews quote I made just a couple posts up.

Cross Reference

I fully expanded on that allegiance through the terms of David.

I will look again, but I have indeed read every word you have written on this and find no disagreement.

Please expound on how you would like me to expound in light of David here. I must have misunderstood you. I posted several long posts on David and temptation.

I do not disagree with you on any point.

Please forgive my missing of the exact meaning of your initial question.

I have answered in ways I thought relevant, but am obviously missing the mark.

Help me clarify please.

1. David never was tempted in such a way that what would have affected all of man kind.

2. Both Adam and Jesus came directly into being by the Hand of God.

3. David was conceived in sin and thus born sin stained. How can believe anything about him would contribute anything to this discussion?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
1. David never was tempted in such a way that what would have affected all of man kind.

3. David was conceived in sin and thus born sin stained.

Yup... See, the way I screwed up is I was going to expand on your David thread and posted it in the wrong place... Blush... But my above Hebrews quote stands..

Um.. Blushing and embarrassed.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

3. David was conceived in sin and thus born sin stained. How can believe anything about him would contribute anything to this discussion?

I agree... The David reference was explained as my posting in the wrong place...

I also agree with your words here..

Forgive me please... Lol