Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

musterion

I am saying if you or anyone close to you end up in hell, it is because you deserve nothing better. It will be the fault of your sins and unbelief.

Another lie from the cultist.

If anyone ends up in the Lake of Fire, it's first and foremost because God did not elect to save them in eternity past.

And you know it.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, you are. In your position you might as well say that a lifeguard was the saviour of everyone in trouble, especially of those that didn't drown. Makes no sense. If God is the saviour of all men, then He either is or isn't. If He's only the saviour of those that believe then there's no need for the word 'especially' and yet it's there.
You don't believe the Bible. Got it.

What's incorrect about the latter exactly?
Those that are alive at the Lord's return will not "go to the grave".

1Thess 4:16-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (4:17) Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (4:18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Believe it.

Arthur Brain

God is the savior for all, yes. But people may reject Him.

If a ship was sinking - there may very well be lifeboats for all, but it would still be possible for people to foolishly choose not to get on one.

'For' is not 'of'. Your analogy has been tried before and it still doesn't hold water. (pun intended) :eek:

How many people do you suppose would prefer to drown than get on a life raft?

If you're honest you'll concede that it's very few to none, and even those that didn't were probably too dazed and confused to know what was going on...

musterion

How many people do you suppose would prefer to drown than get on a life raft?

Bad analogy. Most people don't believe the warning that they're (figuratively) drowning, so that's why they won't climb aboard. They're actually offended at the suggestion...or they prefer to build a raft of their own and try to save themselves.

Only following the Cow's post. I disagree with almost everything he says about the Bible but he's enjoyable to read.

Arthur Brain

You don't believe the Bible. Got it.

Well, no, you clearly don't. I'm not twisting the verse to redefine the meaning of a word.

Those that are alive at the Lord's return will not "go to the grave".

(4:16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (4:17) Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (4:18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Ah, so you believe in the 'rapture' then? Fair enough.

Arthur Brain

Bad analogy. Most people don't believe the warning that they're (figuratively) drowning, so that's why they won't climb aboard. They're actually offended at the suggestion.

Only following the Cow's post. I disagree with almost everything he says about the Bible but he's enjoyable to read.

Well, yes it is, but then ones insisting that people are 'choosing' to go to hell in some sort of figurative fashion invariably are...

musterion

Well, yes it is, but then ones insisting that people are 'choosing' to go to hell in some sort of figurative fashion invariably are...

What's figurative about it? The Bible invariably portrays it as a fate to be avoided at all cost, and there's only one way to do that.

Yes, it is choosing. If one hears the saving Good News, acknowledges by conscience that he/she is a sinner but still refuses to do THE ONE THING God pleads they do...trust in the Son as Savior...then yes, AB, they are choosing to go to the Lake of Fire.

glassjester

'For' is not 'of'. Your analogy has been tried before and it still doesn't hold water. (pun intended) :eek:

Sure, except Paul used neither the word "for" nor "of." There's actually no preposition at all preceding the Greek word "πάντων," which means "all."

Literally translated, Paul calls God "the savior all" in that verse.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, no, you clearly don't. I'm not twisting the verse to redefine the meaning of a word.
No, you just don't believe it to begin with.

Ah, so you believe in the 'rapture' then? Fair enough.
I believe the scripture that I just quoted. You don't?

Right Divider

Body part
What, going to the grave?
He heh.... :D
A British comedian had engraved upon his tomb stone....
'See? I told 'em I was ill!'

..... but yours could be even funnier....
'Going to the grave? No! I'm not!'
:chuckle:
"No, I'm not" was NOT talking about "going to the grave"

There were TWO different things being referred to, but you cannot understand that.

Arthur Brain

What's figurative about it? The Bible invariably portrays it as a fate to be avoided at all cost, and there's only one way to do that.

Yes, it is choosing. If one hears the saving Good News, acknowledges by conscience that he/she is a sinner but still refuses to do THE ONE THING God pleads they do...trust in the Son as Savior...then yes, AB, they are choosing to go to the Lake of Fire.

No, they aren't Musterion, although it's a convenient way for people like you to judge and justify other people's suffering for not believing the same as yourself. 'Hell' doctrines such as you put forward are responsible for alienating people from belief, not that you'd give that any consideration or what 'hell' or 'the lake of fire' even are for that matter.

Arthur Brain

No, you just don't believe it to begin with.

I don't need to change it. You do though.

I believe the scripture that I just quoted. You don't?

Plenty Christians take it as figurative and don't believe in an actual 'rapture' at all.

eider

Since so many are claiming that gays and even whole churches will burn in hellfire, let's see what Churches in the USA don't believe that gays will burn in hellfire, and which do support either gay rights, gay unions or gay marriage....ok?
Let's go........ this from jolly ol' Wiki...

Affirming Pentecostal Church International
Alliance of Baptists
American Baptist Churches USA[13] NOTE: The denomination allows each congregation to decide
Anglican Church of Canada[14]
The Anthem Network
Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
AXIOS - Eastern and Orthodox Gay and Lesbian Christians
Catholic Apostolic Church in North America
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Communion of Synodal Catholic Churches
Community of Christ
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship[15] NOTE: Each congregation determines its own position
Ecclesia Gnostica
Ecumenical Catholic Church
Ecumenical Catholic Communion
Episcopal Church (United States)
Eucharistic Catholic Church
Evangelical Anglican Church In America
Evangelical Catholic Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
The Evangelical Network
Friends General Conference
Friends of Jesus Fellowship in America
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
Inclusive Orthodox Church
Independent Catholic Christian Church
Independent Greek Orthodox Church of the United States
International Council of Community Churches[16]
Mennonite Church Canada[17] NOTE: Each congregation determines its own position
Mennonite Church USA[18] NOTE: Each conference determines its own position
Metropolitan Community Church
Moravian Church in America Northern Province[19]
National Association of Congregational Christian Churches[20][21] NOTE: Each congregation is free to determine its own policy
Old Catholic Church[22]
Old Catholic Church-Charismatic Rite[23]
Presbyterian Church (USA) [24]
Reconciling Pentecostals International
Reformed Anglican Catholic Church
Reformed Church in America[25] NOTE: Gay pastors may serve congregations if they were ordained in another denomination; some member churches allow gay marriage.
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA) — a Latter Day Saint denomination
Swedenborgian Church of North America
The Progressive Episcopal Church
Unitarian Universalist Association[26] NOTE: Although no longer exclusively Christian, the denomination originated as such and is 'mainline'
United Catholic Church
United Church of Christ
United Church of Canada
United Methodist Church's

Arthur Brain

Since so many are claiming that gays and even whole churches will burn in hellfire, let's see what Churches in the USA don't believe that gays will burn in hellfire, and which do support either gay rights, gay unions or gay marriage....ok?
Let's go........ this from jolly ol' Wiki...

Affirming Pentecostal Church International
Alliance of Baptists
American Baptist Churches USA[13] NOTE: The denomination allows each congregation to decide
Anglican Church of Canada[14]
The Anthem Network
Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
AXIOS - Eastern and Orthodox Gay and Lesbian Christians
Catholic Apostolic Church in North America
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Communion of Synodal Catholic Churches
Community of Christ
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship[15] NOTE: Each congregation determines its own position
Ecclesia Gnostica
Ecumenical Catholic Church
Ecumenical Catholic Communion
Episcopal Church (United States)
Eucharistic Catholic Church
Evangelical Anglican Church In America
Evangelical Catholic Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
The Evangelical Network
Friends General Conference
Friends of Jesus Fellowship in America
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
Inclusive Orthodox Church
Independent Catholic Christian Church
Independent Greek Orthodox Church of the United States
International Council of Community Churches[16]
Mennonite Church Canada[17] NOTE: Each congregation determines its own position
Mennonite Church USA[18] NOTE: Each conference determines its own position
Metropolitan Community Church
Moravian Church in America Northern Province[19]
National Association of Congregational Christian Churches[20][21] NOTE: Each congregation is free to determine its own policy
Old Catholic Church[22]
Old Catholic Church-Charismatic Rite[23]
Presbyterian Church (USA) [24]
Reconciling Pentecostals International
Reformed Anglican Catholic Church
Reformed Church in America[25] NOTE: Gay pastors may serve congregations if they were ordained in another denomination; some member churches allow gay marriage.
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA) — a Latter Day Saint denomination
Swedenborgian Church of North America
The Progressive Episcopal Church
Unitarian Universalist Association[26] NOTE: Although no longer exclusively Christian, the denomination originated as such and is 'mainline'
United Catholic Church
United Church of Christ
United Church of Canada
United Methodist Church's

All heretical.

:nono:

Lon

Lon, your continued and repeated referrals to sexual practice and desire could show a tiny window into your own soul?

Question:- If you, by giving up your soul and place in Heaven could save every othrer person in the World...... would you give it up?

Yes, just as Paul. As far as practices, what else are we talking about? It is the 'topic' of this thread. I've told you, that you are concerned with matters of the flesh. It is true and you don't realize how much God wants of you. When you married a non-believer, that 'part' of your life is relegated to matters NOT pertaining to God. He cannot have all of you because of it. So as far as matters and actions of the flesh, yes, I'm talking about them but not as pertains to my thought regarding making excuses and ways for the flesh. Why are you trying to turn it around? :idunno: I married a Christian wife. I am following God's pattern, therefore it isn't a window into my soul. It is the subject matter of this thread and pertains to somebody else's life. Romans 13:14