Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
quote-a-dog-barks-when-his-master-is-attacked-i-would-be-a-coward-if-i-saw-that-god-s-truth-is-attacked-john-calvin-30097.jpg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree with scripture which says that we love him because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

I don't care what you say, it's what you mean that counts. And that's always the problem with you Calvinists. You say everything that sounds right but all your words are loaded with meanings that are counterintuitive to the uninitiated and/or rendered entirely meaningless by other, seemingly unrelated doctrines, as is the case here.

Love without choice is meaningless. It is, in fact, a classic example of a stolen concept fallacy. Calvinist accept and acknowledge the concept of love while denying a concept upon which love is rationally predicated. Saying that you love someone (God or anyone else) out of one side of your mouth while denying your ability to freely choose, is to "steal" the concept of love. You've taken one idea but are unwilling to pay for it rationally. You want to have your cake and eat it too.

There are a great many similar issues upon which Calvinism falls apart on similar grounds but none more powerfully than that of love. There can be so such thing as predestined love. It is a contradiction. And it is a particularly crushing one for Calvinists because there can be no more foundational issue to the Calvinist system than predestination nor of the Christian faith than love. Either Calvinism is false or Christianity is. The two are quite mutually exclusive!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
He goes off the deep end when God's word cuts the core of his soul.

Typical Calvinist response.

No argument. No counter argument. Just claims. Just talk with no substance. Countless hollow words without meaning.

Nanja

I agree with scripture which says that we love him because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Amen!

God's Love is exclusive to His Elect Children He has chosen in Union with His Son before the foundation of the world.

Eph. 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus doesn't tell all to sell all they have and give to the poor.

With your dumb reasoning you make the poor people the biggest sinners.

You have no idea of what the law demands of you.

Jesus told the rich young ruler to sell all that he had and give it to the poor. You are supposed to love your neighbor as yourself, Matthew 5:23. You claim that you obey Jesus, now go sell all that you have and give it to the poor. Jesus also said if anyone ask of you give them what they want, Matthew 5:42. I asks you to send me $200, you didn't send it.

You say, but you don't do. That makes you a hypocrite.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You have no idea of what the law demands of you.

Jesus told the rich young ruler to sell all that he had and give it to the poor. You are supposed to love your neighbor as yourself, Matthew 5:23. You claim that you obey Jesus, now go sell all that you have and give it to the poor. Jesus also said if anyone ask of you give them what they want, Matthew 5:42. I asks you to send me $200, you didn't send it.

You say, but you don't do. That makes you a hypocrite.

she is so narcissistic that she cannot see herself.

Robert Pate

Banned
Amen!

God's Love is exclusive to His Elect Children He has chosen in Union with His Son before the foundation of the world.

Eph. 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will

It is not humanly possible to love a God that damns billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam. How you going to love God when he damns your loved ones to hell?

Nanja

It is not humanly possible to love a God that damns billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam. How you going to love God when he damns your loved ones to hell?

The Love that I have for God has been Given to me by The Holy Spirit in New Birth.

Gal. 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

I Love Him with my whole soul!

Luke 10:27
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Love that I have for God has been Given to me by The Holy Spirit in New Birth.

Gal. 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

I Love Him with my whole soul!

Luke 10:27
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

What you are in love with is the idea that you have been chosen and everybody else has been damned to hell.