Calvinism Verses the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ

Robert Pate

Banned
Believing is work a person DOES.

Before New Birth, it's nothing but a work of the flesh.

But the Believing / Faith an elect does after being Born Again, is a Fruit of the Spirit which pleases God Rom 8:7-9.

~~~~~

You are in conflict with the scriptures.

Jesus said, "WHOSOEVER that believes in him should not perish" John 3:16.

The word "believe" appears in the Bible hundreds of times.

Nanja

You are in conflict with the scriptures.

Jesus said, "WHOSOEVER that believes in him should not perish" John 3:16.

The word "believe" appears in the Bible hundreds of times.

The only believing / faith in Christ that pleases God, is the Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Rom. 8:7-9.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
The only believing / faith in Christ that pleases God, is the Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Rom. 8:7-9.

~~~~~

No one is born again without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

You must be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. Which is the Gospel.

Brother Ducky

We have all been appointed to receive eternal life. But you have apparently missed your appointment.

I do not think the force of the statement is that all have been appointed, but rather the result of the appointment in those appointed.

I take the force of appointed as elected.

Still wish to say that none have been predestined for heaven or hell?

Robert Pate

Banned
I do not think the force of the statement is that all have been appointed, but rather the result of the appointment in those appointed.

I take the force of appointed as elected.

Still wish to say that none have been predestined for heaven or hell?

All have been appointed to eternal life, Hebrews 2:9. But many like yourself want to be saved some other way.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But the Believing / Faith an elect does after being Born Again, is a Fruit of the Spirit which pleases God Rom 8:7-9.

~~~~~
You are wrong, Pate is right.

Nanja

You are wrong, Pate is right.

It's God's Words which are Right and True 2 Tim. 3:16.

Rom. 8:7-9

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.

~~~~~

Nanja

No one is born again without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The good works of Hearing God's Word and Believing on Him, can only be done by one who has been made Spiritually Alive.

John 8:43
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The hearing of Faith is only for the regenerate, those which have received The Spirit through Faith.

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal. 4:4-6
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

You must be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. Which is the Gospel.

Birth precedes 'hearing'. Before a person can hear in order to Believe, he must first be of God, Born of God the Spirit.

John 8:43,47
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

~~~~~

Nanja

You're not special, salvation is for ALL people Titus 2:11 NIV -

God's Chosen People in Christ are indeed Special to Him. They were His Special Covenant People Heb. 13:20!

Deut 7:6-7
6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Luke 1:68-72
68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

And BTW, regarding Titus 2:11, that scripture simply means men of all ethnic groups, but absolutely not all of mankind without exception. You should know that by now.

~~~~~

beloved57

~~~~~
Amen Sister. And he doesn't believe the Gospel anyway lol

Nanja

1 John 2:2 KJV - The WHOLE world dummy

I certainly don't believe in calvin's warped ideas -

The Whole World of the Elect, dummy!

You shall not believe the Truth because according to God's WIll it's being hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~