Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Robert Pate

Banned
Monergism

Only God can bring the heart of man to faith.

We are all born with the ability to have faith. As children we have faith in our parents. When we hear and believe the Gospel our faith reaches out to Christ and we become saved.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Epoisses

Monergism

Only God can bring the heart of man to faith.

Those that live up to all the light and truth they know are given faith by God. God does not grant faith to the hardened sinner who has seared and violated his conscience since birth.

Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right - Prov. 20:11

God's Truth

Those that live up to all the light and truth they know are given faith by God. God does not grant faith to the hardened sinner who has seared and violated his conscience since birth.

Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right - Prov. 20:11

That's right, even children know how to obey God. Great scripture proving Calvinism wrong.

Lon

Interesting how obsessed some people are with Calvin.

Does anybody even CARE that we are Calvinists? Why is this such a big deal? Do Calvinists seek to claim other Calvinists from Arminian camps? :idunno:

BECAUSE I'm a Calvinist 1) I didn't come here on my own, Only God can make a Calvinist. If you aren't one, simply follow God. No Calvinist wants different (that I know of). Some will say you have to be a Calvinist to be saved, but those are far and few between. I guess you can argue with those extreme Calvinists, but I think we have better things to do with our time than argue with them.
Because I'm a Calvinist 2) I think it came from scripture. I still struggle with Limite d Atonement, but I do see, necessarily, from my scripture reading, that it is limited somehow and in some ways. I realize many think I'm Amyraldian or "not-a-Calvinist" at that point, but I'm not really hung up on labels. Rather, it seems to me, the scriptures point to the Acrostic. I always knew I was about a 3.75 of 5 points for a long time in my bible reading. I believed in something close to man being completely in need of a Savior with John 15:5 as one of my early Christian memory verses. For me, it was "Total reliance" and "Total inability." Acts 10:34 Romans 2:11.

We call this scriptural impartiality something. Unconditional election means 'God is impartial.' Deuteronomy 10:17

Limited Atonement (subject of this thread) has always been the problem and subject of most of these threads.
I am uncertain that it means anything, however. The worst, I'd think, is that Calvinists would not do evangelism the same way as our counter-parts.

Is it rather, that most who argue these threads, are against the whole spectrum of Calvinistic thought in all of Christendom? Is that really what this is all and always about? It seems to me, it is. It 'seems' that most against us think all Christians are some varying degree of Calvinists, like I once was.

We don't generally have too much problem with Irresistible Grace Romans 12:19 or Perseverance Romans 14:4

For anti-Calvinists, which of these specifically do you hold to or doesn't bother you? Why, in particular, is it essential to argue over the ones you disagree with?

Robert Pate

Banned
It all has to do with not wanting to forfeit the concept of having a free will.

Calvin's teachings epitomize God's sovereign choosing of souls that will be redeemed, and most insist they have the sole right to that choice.

If God chose people to be saved or to be lost he would be unjust. It is not humanly possible to have saving faith in a God that predestinates people to hell before they are born. What you have faith in is an idea or a doctrine.

Robert Pate

Banned
Does anybody even CARE that we are Calvinists? Why is this such a big deal? Do Calvinists seek to claim other Calvinists from Arminian camps? :idunno:

BECAUSE I'm a Calvinist 1) I didn't come here on my own, Only God can make a Calvinist. If you aren't one, simply follow God. No Calvinist wants different (that I know of). Some will say you have to be a Calvinist to be saved, but those are far and few between. I guess you can argue with those extreme Calvinists, but I think we have better things to do with our time than argue with them.
Because I'm a Calvinist 2) I think it came from scripture. I still struggle with Limite d Atonement, but I do see, necessarily, from my scripture reading, that it is limited somehow and in some ways. I realize many think I'm Amyraldian or "not-a-Calvinist" at that point, but I'm not really hung up on labels. Rather, it seems to me, the scriptures point to the Acrostic. I always knew I was about a 3.75 of 5 points for a long time in my bible reading. I believed in something close to man being completely in need of a Savior with John 15:5 as one of my early Christian memory verses. For me, it was "Total reliance" and "Total inability." Acts 10:34 Romans 2:11.

We call this scriptural impartiality something. Unconditional election means 'God is impartial.' Deuteronomy 10:17

Limited Atonement (subject of this thread) has always been the problem and subject of most of these threads.
I am uncertain that it means anything, however. The worst, I'd think, is that Calvinists would not do evangelism the same way as our counter-parts.

Is it rather, that most who argue these threads, are against the whole spectrum of Calvinistic thought in all of Christendom? Is that really what this is all and always about? It seems to me, it is. It 'seems' that most against us think all Christians are some varying degree of Calvinists, like I once was.

We don't generally have too much problem with Irresistible Grace Romans 12:19 or Perseverance Romans 14:4

For anti-Calvinists, which of these specifically do you hold to or doesn't bother you? Why, in particular, is it essential to argue over the ones you disagree with?

Calvinism is anti-Gospel, anti-faith and anti-Bible. If you can't see that, then you are as blind as they are.

God's Truth

It all has to do with not wanting to forfeit the concept of having a free will.

Calvin's teachings epitomize God's sovereign choosing of souls that will be redeemed, and most insist they have the sole right to that choice.

You are trapped in a world of false beliefs. You were not careful enough. Jesus says to be careful.

Think for yourself; why would God search people's hearts if nothing good was in them?

Why does God search hearts if they are all only evil?