California lawmakers seek to end 'personal belief' vaccine exemptions

Selaphiel

The FDA requires pharmaceutical manufacturers to list the side effects.
Many people are starting to read about the side effects of vaccinations.
_____
Common side effects from the MMR vaccine include low-grade fever, skin rash, itching, hives, swelling, reddening of skin, and weakness. Serious adverse events following MMR vaccination include seizures, severe headaches, double vision, vomiting, joint pain, or pain in the digestive system.1

Other more rare but serious complications reported by Merck in MMR vaccine post-marketing surveillance include:

•brain inflammation (encephalitis) and encephalopathy (chronic brain dysfunction);
•panniculitis (inflammation of the fat layer under the skin);
•atypical measles; syncope (sudden loss of consciousness, fainting);
•vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels);
•pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas);
•diabetes mellitus;
•thrombocytopenia purpura (blood disorder);
•leukocytosis (high white blood cell count);
•anaphylaxis (shock);
•bronchial spasms;
•arthritis and arthralgia (joint pain);
•myalgia (muscle pain);
•polyneuritis (inflammation of several nerves simultaneously).
_____​

Serious side effects from vaccination are quite rare. The benefits of vaccination absolute outweighs those risks. Just Polio and Smallpox alone are diseases so horrendous that it is hard to even imagine them today, they are now non-occuring diseases due to vaccination. It doesn't take a genius in statistics to see that the benefits outweigh the risks by an absolutely ridiculously large factor. It is like saying that you rather you go down with a burning crashing plane than risk doing the parachute jump.

Those side effects can also be reduced by knowledge of and mapping out allergies.

Selaphiel

If your children are vaccinated, why do you care if others aren't?

Because you are freeloading off the herd immunity of those who did take the minimal risk. Also, vaccinations are not 100%, so if enough people stop vaccinating their children and these dangerous diseases re-emerge, even those who are vaccinated are at risk (albeit a lower risk).

elohiym

Anyway is your objection to state mandating things like this, because you don't believe it works?

I have doubts about the safety, efficacy and necessity of vaccines; and I believe natural immunity works in healthy, well nourished people living with proper sanitation.

The Berean

I have doubts about the safety, efficacy and necessity of vaccines; and I believe natural immunity works in healthy, well nourished people living with proper sanitation.

Didn't you start a thread last year debating the merits of vaccines? I think you counter-argued that the major reason for the decline of major diseases wasn't vaccines but better sanitation and proper nourishment?

Last edited:

shagster01

Because you are freeloading off the herd immunity of those who did take the minimal risk. Also, vaccinations are not 100%, so if enough people stop vaccinating their children and these dangerous diseases re-emerge, even those who are vaccinated are at risk (albeit a lower risk).

I'm not free loading off anything. If nature decides to take us out with measles take it up with nature (or God).

elohiym

Andrew Wakefield's vaccine-autism connection has been debunked.

Andrew Jeremy Wakefield (born c. 1957) is a British former surgeon and medical researcher, known for his fraudulent 1998 research paper in support of the now-discredited claim that there is a link between the administration of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine, and the appearance of autism and bowel disease.

More from wiki:

More from CNN: Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds

There is more to the Wakefield case than what you are sharing. Spend a few hours digging deep into both sides of the issue. You may be surprised.

Are you aware that courts in both the U.S. and in Italy have awarded compensation to children who were diagnosed ASD because of the MMR vaccine?

Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award

MMR: A mother's victory.

Daniel1611

I nearly died from the mmr vaccine when I was a child. Nobody knew I was allergic until I got it. I am allergic to the rubella portion.

I don't know if my kids are allergic, but I'm not willing to find out.

I don't get it. These people don't want their kids around unvaccinated kids. If your kids are vaccinated, they're safe. So what's the big deal? The bigger question is this. Why do so many people believe federal agents should be allowed to take people and inject them with unknown chemicals against their will?

elohiym

Didn't you start a thread last years debating the merits of vaccines? I think you counter-argued that the major reason for the decline of major diseases wasn't vaccines but better sanitation and proper nourishment?

I started a thread (maybe as poster doormat?) about the HPV vaccine, and the biggest revelation on that thread (IMO) was that they didn't use a real placebo in the clinical trials. Another thread I started is about the idea that medical science has increased human life expectancy, an idea I reject for good reasons I set out in that thread. It was likely in that thread you saw that argument, and yes I believe that when people don't live in their feces and eat properly they either don't get MMR or easily overcome those diseases when they do.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agreed. It should be required for any child who will be attending public schools.
:up:
I used the live in rural Colorado where those anti Vaccine types hung out. I was taking a Tai Kwon Do Class with quite a few of them. I had my MMR years ago as a kid. These shot can wear down over the years. I got german measles from one of the them! I was laid up for two weeks. Which reminds me, I will talk to my doctor about getting a fresh MMR since mine wore down.http://www.theologyonline.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

elohiym

My kid getting autism versus getting laid up for two weeks. Seems like an easy choice. The risk clearly outweighs the benefit.

The Berean

I started a thread (maybe as poster doormat?) about the HPV vaccine, and the biggest revelation on that thread (IMO) was that they didn't use a real placebo in the clinical trials. Another thread I started is about the idea that medical science has increased human life expectancy, an idea I reject for good reasons I set out in that thread. It was likely in that thread you saw that argument, and yes I believe that when people don't live in their feces and eat properly they either don't get MMR or easily overcome those diseases when they do.
Ok, that's the thread I am remembering.

oatmeal

California lawmakers seek to end 'personal belief' vaccine exemptions

Read more here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/04/us-usa-measles-california-idUSKBN0L82NR20150204

From another article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ersonal-belief-vaccine-opt-out-now-in-danger/

Do you think the states should be able to mandate immunizations? If so why and if not why not?

The parents of vaccinated children should not be concerned.

Surely, their vaccinated children are immune. Or not?

elohiym

:up:
I used the live in rural Colorado where those anti Vaccine types hung out. I was taking a Tai Kwon Do Class with quite a few of them. I had my MMR years ago as a kid. These shot can wear down over the years. I got german measles from one of the them! I was laid up for two weeks. Which reminds me, I will talk to my doctor about getting a fresh MMR since mine wore down.http://www.theologyonline.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

You mentioned elsewhere at sometime that you had a specific health condition. I also have that condition and the VA thinks it could have been caused by the vaccines we received in service.

Doesn't that concern you, sister?

So you get laid up for two weeks. I don't see how preventing that is worth the risk. In my opinion it's better getting sick for a couple of weeks than having questionable substances injected into my veins to cause what my body should be able to do, and usually does, naturally.

rexlunae

I nearly died from the mmr vaccine when I was a child. Nobody knew I was allergic until I got it. I am allergic to the rubella portion.

In other words, you're one of those few who absolutely need herd immunity because you can't be vaccinated.

I don't know if my kids are allergic, but I'm not willing to find out.

Wouldn't it make more sense to find out in a medical setting where the response can be immediate and the risk minimized?

It's not likely that a few kids like yours who aren't vaccinated for arguable reasons will make or break heard immunity, but having more people in your family who aren't vaccinated multiplies your family's risks, especially with highly-contagious diseases like measles.

Because there are a few people, such as those with allergies to some of the ingredients, who can't receive the normal vaccinations. If everyone who can be vaccinated is, those people are generally safe because of herd immunity. Otherwise, they are in constant danger of serious diseases.

genuineoriginal

Not necessarily. It doesn't work that way.

Isn't it amazing how modern vaccinations don't provide immunity any more?

However, they do provide revenue for the pharmaceutical companies that write the laws mandating vaccinations.

As someone once told Woodward and Bernstein, "follow the money".

rexlunae

There is more to the Wakefield case than what you are sharing. Spend a few hours digging deep into both sides of the issue. You may be surprised.

Are you aware that courts in both the U.S. and in Italy have awarded compensation to children who were diagnosed ASD because of the MMR vaccine?

Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award

MMR: A mother's victory.

Courts do not evaluate evidence the way that science does. If they'd listened to the science, they couldn't have reached those conclusions.

elohiym

Courts do not evaluate evidence the way that science does. If they'd listened to the science, they couldn't have reached those conclusions.

You appear to be making some baseless and odd claims on this thread, Rex.

Are you positive that the MMR has never caused ASD in a single person?

What knowledge do you have of those specific cases I referenced?