California lawmakers seek to end 'personal belief' vaccine exemptions

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Oh look, your own data shows measles deaths declined dramatically before the vaccine for measles existed.

right, because diagnosis and treatment improved

Also the numbers are low relative to the population size. Not very scary.

i imagine the parents of the dead kids felt otherwise :idunno:

i'll bet if you research the numbers of kids killed by being struck by cars in your neighborhood, you'll find them to be "low relative to the population size"

but i'll bet you still tell your kids not to play in traffic

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
us population: 318,900,000

x 2% = 6,378,000

x 0.017% = 1084

seems like it might be pretty serious for the parents of those dead kids

are you assuming no harm associated with the disease other than death?
:doh:

318 million people did not contract measles. No wonder the vast majority of people in this country are just plain stupid about this.

elohiym

Who's up for a polio party? How about some good old fashioned typhoid, while we're at it?

Or maybe those who wish to endanger others by refusing these vaccinations could be mandated to live inside their own community.

I'd rather this than a public pool get infected by children who have idiots for parents.

You are both acting irrational. There are sensible and compelling reasons to refuse certain vaccines, especially the measles vaccine.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
i was responding to elo's post:

If there was a contagious disease that only less than 2% of the population contracted yearly (without any vaccine existing for that disease), and the death rate for those that contracted it was less than .017%, would you call that "pretty serious" and "nothing to shrug off?"

i took the us population of 318,900,000 people

and multiplied it by 2% to get 6,378,000 for the number of people who would contract it according to elo's question

i then multiplied that 6,378,000 by 0.017% to get 1084 for the number of deaths

do you understand now?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are both acting irrational. There are sensible and compelling reasons to refuse certain vaccines, especially the measles vaccine.

As long as they are not in the general public and remain at home, I have no problem with vaccinations being refused.

elohiym

us population: 318,900,000

x 2% = 6,378,000

x 0.017% = 1084

seems like it might be pretty serious for the parents of those dead kids

That's how you classify diseases as serious or life-threatening, Mr. Scientist?

Yeah, the parents of vaccine injury victims think vaccine injuries and the deaths that are caused by them are pretty serious, but they are told the risks are low.

The chance of having seizure from vaccine is .03%. The chance of dying from a measles infection was approximately .02% in the non-vaccinated population in 1963, based on CDC claims and my calculations. The chance of getting measles in the U.S. prior to the vaccine was less than 2% if I can trust the CDCs data.

Why should I choose the low but certain risk of severe side effects from the measles vaccine to prevent the low risk of measles infection and even lower risk of death?

are you assuming no harm associated with the disease other than death?

The risks for encephalitis and death are very low. Diarrhea and otitis media are the main complications.

Are you assuming there is no benefit associated with getting the disease or remaining free from measles vaccination? :think:

elohiym

As long as they are not in the general public and remain at home, I have no problem with vaccinations being refused.

You are wanting to treat non-vaccinated people like infected people while you know with certainty that a percentage of measles vaccines fail. That's not reasonable at all, especially for measles considering the low risk of infection (before the vaccine) and even lower risk of death. Furthermore, it's actually a self-destructive position when you consider the mounting evidence that measles infection or preventing measles vaccine can give a child truly life-saving benefits.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
i'm sorry elo - i see you as no different than cam with his ridiculous nonsense about the uss liberty and nimrod with his ridiculous nonsense about 911

you're not to be taken seriously, only mocked and ridiculed :idunno:

elohiym

and who do you get your memo from? :chuckle:

You're the one who claimed to be a scientist so I figured you would know about the measles virus' promising future in oncolytic virotherapy. Why would you want children vaccinated against a potential life-saving cancer therapy? To prevent diarhhea and a minuscule chance of death? Seems short-sighted and based on irrational fears.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
i was responding to elo's post:

i took the us population of 318,900,000 people

and multiplied it by 2% to get 6,378,000 for the number of people who would contract it according to elo's question

i then multiplied that 6,378,000 by 0.017% to get 1084 for the number of deaths

do you understand now?
I understood it the first time, but you didn't and still don't. Your "math" (mr science) is to be calculated off the number of those who contracted the measles, not the entire population.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I understood it the first time, but you didn't and still don't. Your "math" (mr science) is to be calculated off the number of those who contracted the measles, not the entire population.

when you walk in a room, do people say "hey - here comes that retard again"?

'cause if they don't, they should :)

elohiym

i'm sorry elo - i see you as no different than cam with his ridiculous nonsense about the uss liberty and nimrod with his ridiculous nonsense about 911

You are sorry.

you're not to be taken seriously, only mocked and ridiculed :idunno:

If you are a scientist, you are a quack.

What point have I made that should not be taken seriously? You don't say.