BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's sort of the toss pot calling the kettle black. Urantia Book readers are mostly independent. The ones that meet in homes just read and discuss, have a little coffee cake. Their is no leader of any organized movement. It's the kingdom of heaven fellowship of believers like Jesus established. We don't eat flesh or drink blood patterned after the Pagans.

That's because your "predecessors" set it up for you!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The 2 gospels in the Bible have been a source of debate inside Christianity long before the Urantia revelation.

The pre cross "Good news" of Jesus.

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

And here is Paul preaching HIS gospel

"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

Seems Paul is guilty first of preaching a new gospel.

Paul's teachings are, Christ's teachings!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Paul was met on the road to Damascus by Christ! Subsequently,
Paul was sent to the gentiles with the message of the "Dispensation
of Grace!" Christ, in the 4 Gospels was preaching to the lost house
of Israel! His message was to the Jews! After His resurrection, the
mystery was revealed, first to Paul that, the gentiles would become
a part of what was to be called; The Body of Christ!

Today, when someone places their faith in Christ as their Savior,
they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit and positioned
into the "Body of Christ!"

I generally agree with this but Jesus had taught his apostles all along to go out into the world to carry the good news to the 4 corners of the earth. Paul kinda barged in and took over, some of the original apostles fell out with Paul. He took things in a compromised direction. See the RCC.

Matthew 28:17

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I generally agree with this but Jesus had taught his apostles all along to go out into the world to carry the good news to the 4 corners of the earth. Paul kinda barged in and took over, some of the original apostles fell out with Paul. He took things in a compromised direction. See the RCC.

Matthew 28:17

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Nope, Paul was not a good guy, he hunted down Christian believers!
Christ met him on the road to Damascus and asked him; "Saul, Saul,
why do you persecute me? Paul was chosen by Christ to go to
the gentiles with the message of God's Grace! Saul (Paul) didn't
just barge in, as you say, he was approached by Christ Himself!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nope, Paul was not a good guy, he hunted down Christian believers!
Christ met him on the road to Damascus and asked him; "Saul, Saul,
why do you persecute me? Paul was chosen by Christ to go to
the gentiles with the message of God's Grace! Saul (Paul) didn't
just barge in, as you say, he was approached by Christ Himself!

Lots of people have had experiences with Jesus, Paul just happen to be the first persuasive, charismatic evangelist. Most of the NT was influenced by Paul's personal opinions.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Consider.......

Consider.......

Whats to address, the verse i quoted says it all. You need to refute biblically what i quoted, and you havent, what you think about uranita, doesnt refute scripture or that verse.

Try this for a refute of your book though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

Pretty interesting read, sounds like the inventors of this book, were playing with demons and dabbling in the occult.

In what way were they dabbling in the occult? Sadler and many of the early Forum members were devout seventh day Adventists (Christians) being very traditional-orthodox and against anything 'occult', in fact Sadler begin to research and study cases and factors associated with various forms of spiritualism, trance-channeling, psychics, etc. and wrote books about it, also exposing any fakes or frauds in such practices,...just like you, he was just as much against the 'occult' as any Christian today. The case with the 'sleeping subject' was different and unique from any of the other 'spiritualistic' cases that he was investigating, and what came forth thru him is contained in the papers.

See:

The Religious Affiliation of
Dr. William S. Sadler
Influential Physician and Founding Urantian

Notes on Dr. Sadler

Wow i guess no one could handle the truth of God till 1950. :think:

The truth revealed thru the personality of Jesus has always existed since his 'incarnation', yet its 'light' has unfolded thru 'progressive revelation'.

(fallen) Angels from heaven preaching another gospel, nothing new to see here.

This is Paul's statement, not Jesus :) The 'conundrum' of Paul's gospel has been shared here . Again, Paul would 'curse' anything that is not according to "his" gospel, among other self-imposed claims which distanced him from the original apostles of Jesus based in Jerusalem. Any angel (messenger) is to be judged by the message itself, if there be any truth or value in it.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
In what way were they dabbling in the occult? Sadler and many of the early Forum members were devout seventh day Adventists (Christians) being very traditional-orthodox and against anything 'occult', in fact Sadler begin to research and study cases and factors associated with various forms of spiritualism, trance-channeling, psychics, etc. and wrote books about it, also exposing any fakes or frauds in such practices,...just like you, he was just as much against the 'occult' as any Christian today. The case with the 'sleeping subject' was different and unique from any of the other 'spiritualistic' cases that he was investigating, and what came forth thru him is contained in the papers.

See:

The Religious Affiliation of
Dr. William S. Sadler
Influential Physician and Founding Urantian

Notes on Dr. Sadler

The truth revealed thru the personality of Jesus has always existed since his 'incarnation', yet its 'light' has unfolded thru 'progressive revelation'.

This is Paul's statement, not Jesus :) The 'conundrum' of Paul's gospel has been shared here . Again, Paul would 'curse' anything that is not according to "his" gospel, among other self-imposed claims which distanced him from the original apostles of Jesus based in Jerusalem. Any angel (messenger) is to be judged by the message itself, if there be any truth or value in it.

pj

Any time people can't provide mature dialogue they say cult or satan or demons.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth beyond words or concepts..................

Truth beyond words or concepts..................

When one denies the truth, they're open to believe any falsehood that
comes down the Pike!

The 'truth' you speak of is 'relative'.....hence it is subject to being contested, contrasted or compared, with other relative points of view :)

Absolute truth itself however, is beyond all these dualities, or even words. It is what is actually being, as the core-light of pure awareness,...the inner flame of the 'I AM' :)

The reality of 'God' is closer than hands or feet.....and is beyond words.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Is this true? Would it only be true if it were in the bible? Is it true on its own merit?

(1610.1) 143:2.6 “Salvation is by the regeneration of the spirit and not by the self-righteous deeds of the flesh. You are justified by faith and fellowshipped by grace, not by fear and the self-denial of the flesh, albeit the Father’s children who have been born of the spirit are ever and always masters of the self and all that pertains to the desires of the flesh. When you know that you are saved by faith, you have real peace with God. And all who follow in the way of this heavenly peace are destined to be sanctified to the eternal service of the ever-advancing sons of the eternal God. Henceforth, it is not a duty but rather your exalted privilege to cleanse yourselves from all evils of mind and body while you seek for perfection in the love of God."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Any time people can't provide mature dialogue they say cult or satan or demons.

That's all they've been spouting about the UB since day one here.....on 'repeat'. It would behoove some to at least engage in an intelligent 'creative' dialogue, using the context as a springboard to augment and enhance actual discussion, like iron sharpening iron.

Truth (being relative to a conceptual frame of reference) is true wherever it is found. Being cognizant of that is key to open up further doors or dimensions of discussion.

pj