boycott the NFL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, Mike Pence spends a boatload of taxpayer dollars to bring a lot of people to a ballgame so he can storm out of it. :plain:

No Colts fan would pick Peyton's day for a political attention grab. He hadn't been invited as a special guest. He just played the odds to get the most likely chance of a number of players kneeling by waiting on SF.

And like I've said, there's nothing unusual about a Niners fan walking out on a game early and disgusted. That's no way to send a clear message.

Arthur Brain

I'm telling you, white people are fed up with black athletes. I don't blame them one bit. White people have been black people's best friends. Just wait until our country is ruled by the hexicans. Then it's brutha beware time. You guys are so sensitive. Typical white guilt disorder WGD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it with this 'white guilt' crap?

:kookoo:

Arthur Brain

Apparently, there are those that actually believe blacks cannot be oppressive or racist to whites.
You can give examples of it all day long, and they will stick their head in the sand.

There may well be but I can't recall having seen someone declare it on here. Have you got an example?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This NFL situation just keeps going. Jerry Jones said that players who kneel wouldn't have safe jobs and now an ESPN host has been suspended for saying that people should boycott advertisers for the Cowboys if they disagree with Jerry.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Meanwhile, democrats no longer can claim the plight of abused women as they knowingly accepted Weinstein’s cash while he raped and demoralized his victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Too bad you don’t know how to read the Bible.
Man...if you were a hitter your bat would look like it just came off the lathe.

:blabla: :spam: :blabla: :spam:

What???? But...I don't like SPAM!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This NFL situation just keeps going. Jerry Jones said that players who kneel wouldn't have safe jobs and now an ESPN host has been suspended for saying that people should boycott advertisers for the Cowboys if they disagree with Jerry.
Hill again. I don't see this as being in the same light as her Trump comment, but ESPN will protect the NFL relationship every time.

So Jerry can take a knee with the team to send Trump a message and then act just like him with his own? And yes, I know it was before the anthem...I wonder what the team response will be.

Will he get the horns or the moo?

ClimateSanity

What is it with this 'white guilt' crap?

:kookoo:
A seminal book on the subject is called white guilt by black author Shelby Steele. The whole concept is thoroughly American and so it's impossible for you to get a feel for it 5000 miles across the ocean from us. Here is a Description of what white guilt is from steeles perspective:

From Booklist

Steele asserts that the primary focus of the civil-rights era was a legitimate quest to remove racial barriers. In the shift to the black-power era, Steele sees a paradigm shift, away from racial uplift and agency, where blacks assume responsibility for themselves, to a "race is destiny" mode. As the counterculture merged with the civil-rights movement, America was exposed for its racial hypocrisy and, consequently, lost its moral authority. Here, "white guilt" became the moral framework for America. Steele argues that liberal whites embraced guilt for two reasons: to avoid being seen as racists and to embrace a vantage point where they could mete out benefits to disadvantaged blacks through programs such as affirmative action. Steele believes blacks made a deal with the devil by exchanging responsibility and control over their destiny for handouts. He sees a deficiency in black middle-class educational achievement, further raising questions about claims of lack of equal opportunity. Despite these omissions, the cultural analysis of America's loss of moral authority for its exposed racism has resonance today. Vernon Ford
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Arthur Brain

A seminal book on the subject is called white guilt by black author Shelby Steele. The whole concept is thoroughly American and so it's impossible for you to get a feel for it 5000 miles across the ocean from us. Here is a Description of what white guilt is from steeles perspective:

From Booklist

Steele asserts that the primary focus of the civil-rights era was a legitimate quest to remove racial barriers. In the shift to the black-power era, Steele sees a paradigm shift, away from racial uplift and agency, where blacks assume responsibility for themselves, to a "race is destiny" mode. As the counterculture merged with the civil-rights movement, America was exposed for its racial hypocrisy and, consequently, lost its moral authority. Here, "white guilt" became the moral framework for America. Steele argues that liberal whites embraced guilt for two reasons: to avoid being seen as racists and to embrace a vantage point where they could mete out benefits to disadvantaged blacks through programs such as affirmative action. Steele believes blacks made a deal with the devil by exchanging responsibility and control over their destiny for handouts. He sees a deficiency in black middle-class educational achievement, further raising questions about claims of lack of equal opportunity. Despite these omissions, the cultural analysis of America's loss of moral authority for its exposed racism has resonance today. Vernon Ford
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Eh, I'm white, pretty much left to moderate on the political scale and have no guilt whatsoever over it.

ClimateSanity

Eh, I'm white, pretty much left to moderate on the political scale and have no guilt whatsoever over it.
You're not American. Being white has nothing to do with it. It is being white and American and going through the civil rights movement experience that gives rise to " white guilt". It has zero to do with those with white skin in other countries or whites who lived before the civil rights era in America.

Reactions: Lon

Arthur Brain

You're not American. Being white has nothing to do with it. It is being white and American and going through the civil rights movement experience that gives rise to " white guilt". It has zero to do with those with white skin in other countries or whites who lived before the civil rights era in America.

Seriously dude, the whole 'white guilt' or 'white liberal guilt' term is flung around here like a frisbee and it's pathetic regardless.