Bob Debates Atheist Dr. John Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool said:
The Atheist was so lame I'm thinking he's made up, I'm a go look.
I'm back.
He's real, got two books.
Jeff's got a link in the OP ;)
You can read samples at the link.
$30 for a hard cover? 16.95 soft.
Gotta write me a book.

fool

Hall of Fame
Toast said:
Well fool, the babies weighed less, because they would have been deliverd at 3 or 6 months, instead of 9. After the fall, God "multiplied" woman's conception, making it 9 months so the baby would have a better chance of living.
I got that, comented on it in fact.
Yea Joe Roberts, I like the dinosaurs too. Its hard to imagine the fire breathing Leviathian, and the cedar tree tailed Behemoth at the end of the book of Job, being anything other than dinosaurs.
You got a particular species in mind for that fire breather?
So much for dinosaurs being millions or billions of years old ;).
Why does having one here/now mean that there weren't some millions of years ago?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
I'm back.
He's real, got two books.
Jeff's got a link in the OP ;)
You can read samples at the link.
$30 for a hard cover? 16.95 soft.
Gotta write me a book.
I am a third of the way through this show. Wow... that guy is a knob. :hammer:

How can this guy have written two books and be so unaware of all the pertinent arguments???

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I am a third of the way through this show. Wow... that guy is a knob. :hammer:

How can this guy have written two books and be so unaware of all the pertinent arguments???
Right.
I remember a thread where Justin (Wiccan) (now Christian) ran down the Super Nova Remnant thing.
And the Sun not spinning fast enough as proof for God is just an argument from ignorance. But all the guy could say was "don't make sense to me" he should have said " that's an argument from ignorance" and pointed out why.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Toast said:
Well fool, the babies weighed less, because they would have been deliverd at 3 or 6 months, instead of 9. After the fall, God "multiplied" woman's conception, making it 9 months so the baby would have a better chance of living.

Yea Joe Roberts, I like the dinosaurs too. Its hard to imagine the fire breathing Leviathian, and the cedar tree tailed Behemoth at the end of the book of Job, being anything other than dinosaurs.

So much for dinosaurs being millions or billions of years old ;).

Not to mention the recent findings that many dinosaur bones when cracked open are found to contain preserved material. This would be impossible if they were 75 or more million years old (at least that was the general feeling among scientists prior to recent discovery of the preserved material within the bones).

There are other similar cases including the discovery of living bacteria preserved in salt deposits supposedly hundreds of millions of years old. Still living bacteria were also discovered in the guts of bees preserved in amber, bees which were previously stated to be millions of years old.

Something doesn't add up here.

fool

Hall of Fame
bob b said:
Not to mention the recent findings that many dinosaur bones when cracked open are found to contain preserved material. This would be impossible if they were 75 or more million years old (at least that was the general feeling among scientists prior to recent discovery of the preserved material within the bones).

There are other similar cases including the discovery of living bacteria preserved in salt deposits supposedly hundreds of millions of years old. Still living bacteria were also discovered in the guts of bees preserved in amber, bees which were previously stated to be millions of years old.

Something doesn't add up here.
What dosen't add up is the conclusion that these things mean that the Universe was created 6,000 yrs. ago by a spirit being named Yaweh who likes the smell of burning goat flesh and used to ride around the desert on a box carried by the Hebrews.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool said:
What dosen't add up is the conclusion that these things mean that the Universe was created 6,000 yrs. ago by a spirit being named Yaweh who likes the smell of burning goat flesh and used to ride around the desert on a box carried by the Hebrews.
Run TOLLY!
They gonna sacrfice you!

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by fool
"What dosen't add up is the conclusion that these things mean that the Universe was created 6,000 yrs. ago by a spirit being named Yaweh who likes the smell of burning goat flesh and used to ride around the desert on a box carried by the Hebrews."

Advice to atheists:
"When the science argument doesn't work try ridicule of a book you don't believe in."

Sort of what the Dr. tried when Enyart took him apart on the science front.

fool

Hall of Fame
bob b said:
"What dosen't add up is the conclusion that these things mean that the Universe was created 6,000 yrs. ago by a spirit being named Yaweh who likes the smell of burning goat flesh and used to ride around the desert on a box carried by the Hebrews."

Advice to atheists:
"When the science argument doesn't work try ridicule of a book you don't believe in."
Ridicule?
Did I mention something that wasen't in The Book?
Does He not like burning goat flesh?
Did He not cruise around on a box?
At what point was this "taking apart"?
When Bob made his arguments from ignorance?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Joe Roberts said:
Dr. John Henderson did get me thinking about a few issues, oh dear am I sliding back to an Atheist?????
:shocked: Uh... if Dr. John got you re-considering atheism that isn't a good sign. :D

That guy was as dumb as a brick.

It was funny because he was like "the ignorant atheist". Not only was he ignorant regarding Christianity but he was ignorant regarding his own world view. If you are going to write books about atheism you should at least know the topic just a bit. Know the arguments so you can speak on the issue without sounding like a numbskull.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
bob b said:

Advice to atheists:

So true!!!

POTD :first:

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
:shocked: Uh... if Dr. John got you re-considering atheism that isn't a good sign. :D

That guy was as dumb as a brick.

It was funny because he was like "the ignorant atheist". Not only was he ignorant regarding Christianity but he was ignorant regarding his own world view. If you are going to write books about atheism you should at least know the topic just a bit. Know the arguments so you can speak on the issue without sounding like a numbskull.

It was more of a joke. he was an ignorant atheist.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Perhaps it wasen't so much the Doctors arguments as it was Bob's weak arguments for Creation that has him thinking.

JoyfulRook

My favorite quote of the show.....

Dr. John: You can only know what your five senses tell you.
Bob: Which of your five senses told you that?
Dr. John: My brain.
Bob: Your brain isn't one of your five senses John....

Status
Not open for further replies.