Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Debates Atheist Dr. John Henderson

Friday May 5th, 2006. This is show # 90.

Summary:
* Atheist author, surgeon and colonel Dr. John Henderson attempts to refute the evidence Bob presents for the existence of God. Judge for yourself whether this educated atheist uses reason and logic, or simply gives subjective, emotional responses. Notice that as far as the discussion went, Dr. Henderson had no evidence for his cosmology beliefs, and presented poorly thought out positions, but seemed to blindly accept any scientific claim as long as it was in opposition to the Creator.
* Today's Resource: Enjoy Bob's Does God Exist? debate against Zakath, TOL's resident atheist! Read it for free online or purchase the debate in its more comfortable and helpful 170-page manuscript form!

Caledvwlch

BE asked this textbook apologetics question:

If you can only know what your five senses tell you, which of those five senses told you so? (paraphrased)

In response I would pose a similar question:

How many things do you know that you did not learn from your five senses?

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Until those "paths" stop getting Bob where he wants to go why should he travel elsewhere?
Seems like Bob takes any question and says "what your really asking is "this" " and then he talks about "this". Very formulamatic.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
fool said:
Seems like Bob takes any question and says "what your really asking is "this" " and then he talks about "this". Very formulamatic.

This Dr. John Henderson is a very weak debater.

fool

Hall of Fame
I was on 4 shows and I didn't get anything :noid:

Except my sig :D

fool

Hall of Fame
Joe Roberts said:
This Dr. John Henderson is a very weak debater.
Agreed.
The old "God's cruel so he can't be true" thing is lame. God could exist and be evil. Showing an evil God dosen't disprove Him.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
fool said:
Agreed.
The old "God's cruel so he can't be true" thing is lame. God could exist and be evil. Showing an evil God dosen't disprove Him.

This doesn’t apply to you, because you called Bob but does he ever pick a strong debater?

fool

Hall of Fame
Joe Roberts said:
You did a great job, I think you handled Bob very well.
Thanks!
I had alot of fun doing it.
And I'm a construction worker, not a Doctor, Author, Army Officer like that guy was.
I'm thinking of what to call about next.

Caledvwlch

fool said:
Thanks!
I had alot of fun doing it.
And I'm a construction worker, not a Doctor, Author, Army Officer like that guy was.
I'm thinking of what to call about next.
Call and suggest some new apologetic formulas. The old ones are starting to get tired.

fool

Hall of Fame
Joe Roberts said:
This doesn’t apply to you, because you called Bob but does he ever pick a strong debater?
Bob runs his mouth for a living.
He's pretty good at it.

fool

Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
Call and suggest some new apologetic formulas. The old ones are starting to get tired.
There was some stuff I'd never heard before, Bob said that before the fall babies weighed ten ounces.
The sun dosen't rotate fast enough for there not to be a creator.
Super Nova Remnants
Lotsa stuff.
This is a show that Johnny and The Phy need to hear.
The Atheist was so lame I'm thinking he's made up, I'm a go look.

Toast

Well fool, the babies weighed less, because they would have been deliverd at 3 or 6 months, instead of 9. After the fall, God "multiplied" woman's conception, making it 9 months so the baby would have a better chance of living.

Yea Joe Roberts, I like the dinosaurs too. Its hard to imagine the fire breathing Leviathian, and the cedar tree tailed Behemoth at the end of the book of Job, being anything other than dinosaurs.

So much for dinosaurs being millions or billions of years old ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.