biology, not your subjective "feelings"

Selaphiel

sorry, sela, if you're too dense to understand what the natural purpose of sexual activity is, there's no point in continuing with this

do us all a favor and take some bio courses

or maybe we can all wait until you've taken ninth grade health class

If it is so elementary, it should be easy to demonstrate. Your think "You're too dense to understand that I am right" is a valid form of argument?

I've explained to you why that reasoning fails. There is other sexual activity in nature than that of reproduction. That gives you the following options:

a) The natural purpose of sexuality is not clear, as there is non-reproductive sex in nature as well.

b) Dismiss nature as moral guide, but then you undermine your own reasons against homosexuality that refers to natural purposes.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If it is so elementary, it should be easy to demonstrate. Your think "You're too dense to understand that I am right" is a valid form of argument?

no, sela

you're too dense to bother with

see if they can't let you into that ninth grade health class a year early :wave2:

Selaphiel

no, sela

you're too dense to bother with

see if they can't let you into that ninth grade health class a year early :wave2:

If you aren't willing to put up arguments, you shouldn't be participating in a discussion.

I think it is quite obvious that you have just conceded, trying to poorly cover your defeat with a trail of very boring and unimaginative insults. Even if insults were a valid form of argument, you wouldn't get very far.

Arthur Brain

If you aren't willing to put up arguments, you shouldn't be participating in a discussion.

I think it is quite obvious that you have just conceded, trying to poorly cover your defeat with a trail of very boring and unimaginative insults. Even if insults were a valid form of argument, you wouldn't get very far.

Well, he's a troll, so being boring, unimaginative and incapable of arguing kinda fit the bill...

:thumb:

ok doser

If you aren't willing to put up arguments...

sorry sela, i see no reason to "argue" with someone who doesn't understand basic biology

maybe when you've taken that ninth grade health class, we can resume

until then? :wave2:

Selaphiel

sorry sela, i see no reason to "argue" with someone who doesn't understand basic biology

I have already pointed out what you consider to be basic biology is wrong. Sexual activity in nature can have other functions than reproduction.

And a creationist claiming people don't understand basic biology really is priceless. Too bad the funniest part of your poor insult was the unintended part.

I'll accept your concession then.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find it interesting that some women's lib groups are not supporting transgenders, including lesbians.

One of their objections is that they champion the idea that women need not have plastic surgery, hair coloring or wigs, makeup, feminine clothing and accessories, etc. to be a beautiful woman.
Then along comes a male that wants to change to female, and what do they do?????? They try to perpetuate the same stereotype that women's groups oppose by using surgery and all those girlie accessories.

They do have a point.
I mean, why change your appearance so much if appearance has nothing to do with being a beautiful woman?

ok doser

I find it interesting that some women's lib groups are not supporting transgenders, including lesbians.

One of their objections is that they champion the idea that women need not have plastic surgery, hair coloring or wigs, makeup, feminine clothing and accessories, etc. to be a beautiful woman.
Then along comes a male that wants to change to female, and what do they do?????? They try to perpetuate the same stereotype that women's groups oppose by using surgery and all those girlie accessories.

They do have a point.
I mean, why change your appearance so much if appearance has nothing to do with being a beautiful woman?

if i choose to identify as a beautiful woman, don't i have the right to force society to treat me like a beautiful woman?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if i choose to identify as a beautiful woman, don't i have the right to force society to treat me like a beautiful woman?
My new motto ------- If enough people give in to the delusions of the inmates, the nuts end up running the asylum.

So don't give in to their delusions.

glassjester

What if I identify as someone who doesn't believe others' delusions? Do society and policy have to respect and protect my self-identity?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I heard that the suicide rate among transgenders is outrageously high.
The only group that topped them slightly higher were schizophrenics.

glassjester

I heard that the suicide rate among transgenders is outrageously high.
The only group that topped them slightly higher were schizophrenics.

And the suicide rate for transgenders does not decrease for those that are "post-op."

So rather than treat and help these mentally ill people, we just enable them.

dodge

Please explain to us boring and UN-imaginative folks what is NATURAL about a man placing his body parts in another mans fecal matter. You went way past stupid right on to potato.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And the suicide rate for transgenders does not decrease for those that are "post-op."

So rather than treat and help these mentally ill people, we just enable them.
Yep.
It seems that the more wacko a person is, the more the liberals want to make them poster boys/girls.
And it is getting to the point that if you even suggest that they might need professional help, it would be hate speech.
So don't offer the mentally ill any help. Just let them ride out their mental illness the way they want to.

Lon

Yes really. How would I benefit from wishing harm upon you. Unfortunately your spiritual tenents cannot claim reciprocation without ideological submission. A fundamental flaw of non-acceptance and lack of compassion.
You have curious ideas about compassion and humility :think: I don't think these words mean what you think they mean.
You are correct I don't accept your world view. Politically, you can be ignorant. Theologically, it is my responsiblitiy to point you to the right way.

Certainly...its an absurd business at times. Likewise, do you face reality or hide behind tenents of a culturally popular ideology?
I was speaking of yourself. You might not wish us ill-will, but you do detest us. Imho, that is ill-will, no matter a fancy dance.

Does being hostile mean hostile to me?! Well, of course. It also indicates fear from you.
Nope. I just think you need the kid-gloves off. You can try and psycho-babble that all you like but you are wrong on this point too. You need to realize you are a bent broken fraction of a human. Jesus came for the sick, not the healthy. As long as you feign the latter, you will never come to terms with your actual problems. I used to be you. You need a Savior.
Telling you the truth may seem hostile to you, but I have more of your best interests at heart in the conversation than you realize. I've been praying for you.

Sure you do....you've an entire sacred book to choose them from. You just gave me an excerpt above.

Um, I'm NOT on a Buddhist website. My moniker would be something different. You hang out with us. You really need to self-analyze more accurately than you currently do.

Sure there is. Have you read any existential philosophy?
Yes, which is why I asked the question. If you are no more than the sum of your parts, you are a nothing, even to yourself.

This suspiciously reads like projection. You simply feel the need of an external guiding force lest you become a nothingness. A persistent existential angst with a conscious and fruitless desire to hide from it.
It is to the extent I lived without realizing there is an eternity. Literally, learning to think cured me of shortsightedness and dare I say, ignorance and pride.

All I can advise is that its an illusion. All that you spiritually require was granted to you at birth. Drop the fear and rejoice upon yourself...you are IT. So is everyone else....its a humbling experience!
:nono: It is prideful arrogance. You, a pea-ant of the universe trying to actuate beyond your means? It's dumb and prideful. If I can get you to see that, you'll be on your way. Sound like a guy hostile to you? No, I'm accosting your world view. To the extent you embrace that false belief system, it will be hostile, but that guy is not you, whether you believe it or not.