BillyBob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Adam_Kratt said:
Liberals are Merely Progressive in Thought...
I believe "progressive" is the current code word for "communist."
and you miss one very different point between Liberals and Communist... Liberals believe in Government. Commies like Republicans and Conservatives are anti Government
Nice try, :Commie:. Liberals love government, but they hate any establishment other than their own dictatorial rule.

"Commies like Republicans and Conservatives" ... :darwinsm: :mrt: Foo!

Adam_Kratt

Frank Ernest said:

Nice try, :Commie:. Liberals love government, but they hate any establishment other than their own dictatorial rule.

Progressive has nothing to do with Communism the Key to progressive is PROGRESS. or to move forward. Here are some progressive Ideas, Womens Sufferage (voting), Abolition(no slavery), Disegregation (seperate isn't equal), Inter-racial marriage, these are progressive ideas which Liberals supported and Conservatives were against.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Adam_Kratt said:
Progressive has nothing to do with Communism the Key to progressive is PROGRESS. or to move forward. Here are some progressive Ideas, Womens Sufferage (voting), Abolition(no slavery), Disegregation (seperate isn't equal), Inter-racial marriage, these are progressive ideas which Liberals supported and Conservatives were against.

Progressive = Communist

One thing I've noticed about you commies, you almost never want to admit what you really are. That is why you keep inventing new names for yourselves.

And reinventing history......

cfisher

Adam_Kratt said:

When I hear Progressive I think housing codes. Destroying the lifes of immigrants.

With the Irish, as with
the Jews, most immigrants crossed the ocean with their passages
paid by members of their respective groups living in America. So
did many people from other immigrant groups. Some of the worst
housing conditions were endured by Italian men, living up to ten
to a room and sending money back to their families in Italy.
Reformers who reacted to the slums before their eyes, and to
their own sense of social injustice, had nothing to force them to
face the trade-offs inescapably faced by the people living in those
slums. Even the fact that slum-dwellers often joined with slum
landlords to physically resist being evicted by the authorities
from housing declared “sub-standard” did not cause Jacob Riis
or many other reformers to reconsider whether what they were
doing was really in the best interests of the people whose interests
they were ostensibly protecting. It is all too easy for people
with more formal schooling to believe that they know better
than those directly concerned.
It is equally easy for others, a hundred years later, to say complacently
that “in the long run” it was better for these slums to
disappear, so that housing reform was a success, after all.
Indeed, reformers at the time often made “before” and “after”
comparisons of the housing in which people lived, concluding
that these reforms had made those people better off. Yet both
comparisons stop far short of proving what they imagine that
they prove.
-Thomas Sowell

Adam_Kratt

BillyBob said:
Progressive = Communist

One thing I've noticed about you commies, you almost never want to admit what you really are. That is why you keep inventing new names for yourselves.

And reinventing history......

Yeah you know Billybob is was Conservative who called those marching for desegregation as Commies... it was conservatives who called interacial marriage evil and used the bible to support their ideas... it was liberals of those days who were progressive and marched and got beat up my conservative police for supporting the right of blacks to sit anyplace they want on the bus and to eat at the counter next to them

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Adam_Kratt said:
Progressive has nothing to do with Communism the Key to progressive is PROGRESS. or to move forward.
:darwinsm: That is the :Commie: spin on the word "progressive."
Here are some progressive Ideas, Womens Sufferage (voting),
It was a Republican vote in the US Senate that made the 2/3 majority necessary to refer the 19th Amendment to the states for ratification.
Abolition(no slavery),
The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, was voted through Congress by Republicans.
Disegregation (seperate isn't equal),
Desegregation was mandated by a Supreme Court decision. Supreme Court Justices are allegedly non-partisan. The subsequent Civil Rights Act was supported by more Republicans than Democrats.
Inter-racial marriage,
Those laws were enacted by state legislatures.
these are progressive ideas which Liberals supported and Conservatives were against.
And you are full of crap. :Commie:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Adam_Kratt said:
Yeah you know Billybob is was Conservative who called those marching for desegregation as Commies... it was conservatives who called interacial marriage evil and used the bible to support their ideas... it was liberals of those days who were progressive and marched and got beat up my conservative police for supporting the right of blacks to sit anyplace they want on the bus and to eat at the counter next to them

You realize, of course, that it was the southern democrats who opposed equal rights and favored segregation......

Morpheus

BillyBob said:
You realize, of course, that it was the southern democrats who opposed equal rights and favored segregation......
So were you, and your family, for equal rights and desegregation?

Morpheus

BillyBob said:
I'm not from the South.
I didn't ask if you were from the south. The question was, "So were you, and your family, for equal rights and desegregation?" I can see why you would prefer to change the subject. If you answer no then your bigotry will be evident; but if you answer yes the next obvious question will be, "were you a democrat?" So what's your answer?

The Berean

BillyBob said:
I always laughed when Democrats would hammer Strom Thurmond for his former segregationist views. Yet, when he held those views he was a Dixiecrat, which was part a splinter group from the Democratic Party. :think: Also, he was among the first southern Senators to hire blacks on his staff

Morphy

Adam_Kratt said:
Liberals are Merely Progressive in Thought... and you miss one very different point between Liberals and Communist... Liberals believe in Government. Commies like Republicans and Conservatives are anti Government

Commies don't like Government??? Their main idea is there should be as big govermnent as possible. As far as Republicans are concerned - Bush increased goverment size much more than Clinton did.

Morphy

Adam_Kratt said:
I am sure billybob hates them too and you should probably add

Lawyers
Reporters
Professors
Teachers
Cab Drivers
:help:
Well, show me somebody who like lawyers... well, maybe except for bandits who were acquitted like OJ Simpson.

Morphy

Frank Ernest said:

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.