Bill Maher, Bill Nye, Evolution Just Don't Fly

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
From the evidence of your posts, I would suggest that this is advice you should follow yourself.
I read quite a lot. In fact, I just finished the most recent Dexter book.

As Hawking specifically stated that he was proposing euthanasia with informed consent, your point is wholly at odds with his position. He in no way 'debased' human beings 'to the level of animals', which was exactly the implication intended by the OP's assertion that 'Stephen Hawking suggest[ed] that humans treat one another like animals.' And, of course, you swallow it like a bulldog going after a pork-chop.
Whether or not he understands it was a debasement he certainly understands that his intention was to put us on the same level. He was implying that we currently treat each other worse than we do animals.

Well, that's another discussion, but as Hawking never suggested otherwise, your point is moot at best.
Hawking suggested that we should be on the same level.

And you have a tendency to resort to insults at almost any point that you can't address a point reasonably. What does that say about you?
It says that I recognize when someone is far too stupid to understand logic, reason and intelligence and as such I don't waste anymore of my time trying to explain reality to those lost in ignorance.

Er, yes, he did. Let me remind you again. He said, quoted from the OP, that 'Stephen Hawking suggest[ed] that humans treat one another like animals.' Do you imagine someone else typed these words using Jefferson's account?
Jefferson copied and pasted from the KGOV website, specifically from the page for this particular show. Jefferson did not write the summary on the site, he copied it from there and pasted it into the OP. You would know that if you bothered to click the link in the OP.

I've been on TOL for a decade now, I know how the BEL forum works.

The summary on the site is a summary of the content of the episode, thus it was Bob Enyart who made the comment that Hawking made that suggestion, and not Jefferson.

Yes, that's probably the best response you can adopt without showing yourself up even more than you have already.
My response was an indication that your comment was lame.

PS Is that a pistol in your palm, or are you just pleased to see me?
Sexual innuendo?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse says he's been diagnosed as a high-functioning autistic.

This actually explains an awful lot. From what I've read, autistic individuals have a very difficult time admitting they're in error, even when confronted with clear-cut proof that they are absolutely incorrect or have made a mistake. When this occurs there is often a blow up.

I have confronted Lighthouse on more than one occasion and he has yet to respond badly. In fact, if I had to name one person on TOL who has responded most graciously to my criticism it would be him.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have confronted Lighthouse on more than one occasion and he has yet to respond badly. In fact, if I had to name one person on TOL who has responded most graciously to my criticism it would be him.
Thank you.:e4e: