Biden/Harris 2020

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Well, no, those "pile of ballots" that you're complaining about are just as legitimate votes as anyone who cast one while queueing up on election day itself. They're just as part of the "real American electorate" as you are. Deal with it.
I'll accept if the Supreme Court blesses this mess. But for now it's obviously a mess. And I don't just accept messes. It's actually a very poor life choice to become complacent with messes.

Lon

We need something from a leader besides the fear and lies and hatred being spewed out by our lame-duck president. May Biden rise to the occasion and start the healing process.

I think he is just going to go for reinstating Obama's agendas. Neither he nor Harris had anything major in the way of policy and held tongues on pertinent matters. I'd assume that it is going to be a frustrating 4 years on further rift. It is going to be a hard 4 years for any president (maybe 8 or more) while the virus continues to shut down and keep unrest and stagnation in the country. We'll see, but I don't see either president being able to beat the 4 years ahead.

Arthur Brain

I'll accept if the Supreme Court blesses this mess. But for now it's obviously a mess. And I don't just accept messes. It's actually a very poor life choice to become complacent with messes.

It really isn't. You're trying to make a mess out of something that's actually ordered. Be honest, if the mail ballots had actually been in favour of Trump, would you be kicking up such a fuss?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think he is just going to go for reinstating Obama's agendas. Neither he nor Harris had anything major in the way of policy and held tongues on pertinent matters.

I do like his ideas about reinforcing police departments with training and/or personnel specifically for handling mentally-disturbed people. That should lead to fewer police killings, which would be a great thing. Among other things, it would improve minority group confidence in police, which is now at a very low level. It's a major problem and needs to be addressed.

Certainly restoring Obamacare is important, as is restoring the confidence of our NATO allies in America. He's going to do both of those. And yes, there's a load of corruption that needs to be addressed; most of that will only require executive orders, since the corruption is mostly in the executive branch.

I'd assume that it is going to be a frustrating 4 years on further rift.

Yes. It's a filthy mess he's inheriting. But if anyone can get opposing sides to work together, Joe Biden can. It's always been his way.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I think he is just going to go for reinstating Obama's agendas. Neither he nor Harris had anything major in the way of policy and held tongues on pertinent matters. I'd assume that it is going to be a frustrating 4 years on further rift. It is going to be a hard 4 years for any president (maybe 8 or more) while the virus continues to shut down and keep unrest and stagnation in the country. We'll see, but I don't see either president being able to beat the 4 years ahead.

Why do you waste your time with this clown?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
It really isn't. You're trying to make a mess out of something that's actually ordered.
This is not ordered. It's disordered. States with mail-in only voting have never held up the results of a presidential election before, we've always known Election Day evening who won. This is just obviously not ordered, to be taking this long. This was a sudden change, made at a time when nobody knew if we were going to be able to have a real Election Day, to relax the normal absentee voting rules so that everybody could easily vote by mail, before Election Day.

Once we knew we were going to have a real Election Day, we should have reneged on this change. If you can go to the store, you can go vote. You don't need an absentee ballot.
Be honest, if the mail ballots had actually been in favour of Trump, would you be kicking up such a fuss?
Oh absolutely not. I've already said that, maybe it was in another thread. The default position here, or the "call on the field" to use an American football term, is that we collectively as a body through our electoral system on Election Day Tuesday reelected President Trump.

Never, have we had to wait this long to know the outcome of a presidential election because there are numerous states who still haven't counted all the votes. And never also, have we had trailer trucks full of absentee ballots, at 4-to-1 advantage for Biden the challenger, that overturn what we did and that was done on Election Day. It's non-standard, non-traditional, unprecedented; what happened, what's still happening right now.

I just want the completely neutral disinterested Supreme Court to examine what happened from the start, and rule as to whether President Trump deserves a remedy of some sort, because this, what seemed at the time like a small change, actually benefited his political opponent, and the opposition party, and hurt the president and his party, and that's wrong, imo, but I want the Court to look at it before there's any transition of power.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Never, have we had to wait this long to know the outcome of a presidential election because there are numerous states who still haven't counted all the votes.

I notice, for example, the republican legislature in Pennsylvania ordered that to happen, when they made it illegal to count mail-in ballots before election day. If you find this unsettling, please remember, your guys made the rules.

And never also, have we had trailer trucks full of absentee ballots, at 4-to-1 advantage for Biden the challenger, that overturn what we did and that was done on Election Day.

All perfectly legal ballots submitted by qualified voters. Yes, it's frustrating when voters of another party overturn the votes of your own party. Still, that's the way elections work.

It's non-standard, non-traditional, unprecedented;

Most states have always had absentee and mail-in ballots. It's just that the pandemic had many, many people using that method this year.

Bottom line? Qualified voters submitted votes according to the law. That's what has the republicans angry.

Arthur Brain

This is not ordered. It's disordered. States with mail-in only voting have never held up the results of a presidential election before, we've always known Election Day evening who won. This is just obviously not ordered, to be taking this long. This was a sudden change, made at a time when nobody knew if we were going to be able to have a real Election Day, to relax the normal absentee voting rules so that everybody could easily vote by mail, before Election Day.

Once we knew we were going to have a real Election Day, we should have reneged on this change. If you can go to the store, you can go vote. You don't need an absentee ballot.
Oh absolutely not. I've already said that, maybe it was in another thread. The default position here, or the "call on the field" to use an American football term, is that we collectively as a body through our electoral system on Election Day Tuesday reelected President Trump.

Never, have we had to wait this long to know the outcome of a presidential election because there are numerous states who still haven't counted all the votes. And never also, have we had trailer trucks full of absentee ballots, at 4-to-1 advantage for Biden the challenger, that overturn what we did and that was done on Election Day. It's non-standard, non-traditional, unprecedented; what happened, what's still happening right now.

I just want the completely neutral disinterested Supreme Court to examine what happened from the start, and rule as to whether President Trump deserves a remedy of some sort, because this, what seemed at the time like a small change, actually benefited his political opponent, and the opposition party, and hurt the president and his party, and that's wrong, imo, but I want the Court to look at it before there's any transition of power.

It was always on the cards that due to the situation this past year, it was going to take longer to get an outcome. All votes count so whatever votes were cast on election day itself don't invalidate the plethora that were cast beforehand. So no matter how you try and play this, Trump was not re-elected, far from it. Time to accept this.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's pretty clear that Biden is going to be president-elect. It's just a matter of time now. The Supreme Court is unlikely to steal the votes of voters who followed the laws of these states and submitted their votes in the prescribed manner. Even the most extreme of them don't want that on their heads. Or most of them, anyway.

Arthur Brain

It's pretty clear that Biden is going to be president-elect. It's just a matter of time now. The Supreme Court is unlikely to steal the votes of voters who followed the laws of these states and submitted their votes in the prescribed manner. Even the most extreme of them don't want that on their heads. Or most of them, anyway.

Yep, as it stands:

Biden, 4,200 votes ahead in Georgia. 21,000+ votes ahead in Nevada. 27,000+ votes ahead in Pennsylvania. Nearly 30,000 votes ahead in Arizona that's already been called in some polls.

That 306 number is starting to look more than a possibility...

Truth7t7

Yep, as it stands:

Biden, 4,200 votes ahead in Georgia. 21,000+ votes ahead in Nevada. 27,000+ votes ahead in Pennsylvania. Nearly 30,000 votes ahead in Arizona that's already been called in some polls.

That 306 number is starting to look more than a possibility...
It's going to be a Supreme Court decision

No need to go into the thousands of fraud ballots, in democratic strongholds

Just on the fact that Nov 3rd polls should close according to state laws, the State courts ruling that ballots can be received for additional days will be ruled unconstitutional, as only State Legislature has the power to change the rules/law

Three additional days of ballot harvesting, stuff the ballot boxes with deceased, and fraudulent votes

Arthur Brain

It's going to be a Supreme Court decision

No need to go into the thousands of fraud ballots, in democratic strongholds

Just on the fact that Nov 3rd polls should close according to state laws, the State courts ruling that ballots can be received for additional days will be ruled unconstitutional, as only State Legislature has the power to change the rules/law

Three additional days of ballot harvesting, stuff the ballot boxes with deceased, and fraudulent votes

And the paranoia goes on and on...

Do yourself a favour, your guy lost, deal with it. It'll save a lot of time and tantrums and you'll ultimately be better for it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
IMG-8992.jpg