Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary K

Banned
Patrick,

I have another question for you. This comes from the flat earth models showing the sun and moon in rotation above the earth. The sun is shown as illuminating only a portion of the earth as if its output is a highly focused beam of light. My question for you is this: What is the focusing mechanism? Flashlights use a lens, a curved reflector, and a movable light sources to accomplish this. Lasers use lenses to focus the light. What is there in association with the sun that focuses the light it produces so that only a small portion of the earth is lit by its rays at any one time?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick,

I have another question for you. This comes from the flat earth models showing the sun and moon in rotation above the earth. The sun is shown as illuminating only a portion of the earth as if its output is a highly focused beam of light. My question for you is this: What is the focusing mechanism? Flashlights use a lens, a curved reflector, and a movable light sources to accomplish this. Lasers use lenses to focus the light. What is there in association with the sun that focuses the light it produces so that only a small portion of the earth is lit by its rays at any one time?
Well we don't know as much about the sun as they pretend to. In the flat earth model, the sun is about 3,000 miles away and only about 32 to 60 miles wide, similar to the moon's size. The moon and sun are much closer and smaller than asserted. I'm convinced the sun is not 93,000,000 miles away.

Gary K

Banned
Well we don't know as much about the sun as they pretend to. In the flat earth model, the sun is about 3,000 miles away and only about 32 to 60 miles wide, similar to the moon's size. The moon and sun are much closer and smaller than asserted. I'm convinced the sun is not 93,000,000 miles away.

That does not account for such a small circle of light being transmitted. Ever gone camping and used a kerosene lantern? That flame sends light in all directions. You still have the problem of explaining a focused beam of light. An unfocused light source 3000 miles away would still distribute its light over the entire earth. There is no way to limit the spread of light without a focusing mechanism.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That does not account for such a small circle of light being transmitted. Ever gone camping and used a kerosene lantern? That flame sends light in all directions. You still have the problem of explaining a focused beam of light. An unfocused light source 3000 miles away would still distribute its light over the entire earth. There is no way to limit the spread of light without a focusing mechanism.
How do you know the sun has no focusing mechanism? It is more of a local light than light that travels 93 million miles. Have you seen the high altitude balloon footage I posted? 22 mile high daytime and sunset from 22 miles high?

Right Divider

Body part
And YET, we can observe that this model is completely FALSE... but you just carry on as if you've been shown no evidence.

If the sun were 3000 miles UP and circling the earth, we would see its apparent SIZE change dramatically throughout the day. We do NOT see that!

Also, the observed phases of the moon FAIL in the pancake model.

Those two observations are easily explained in the real model.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Yeah, that's why sentries are posted outside the light perimeter.

:rolleyes:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
WHAT IS THE FIRMAMENT? - BIBLICAL FLAT EARTH

From The Video : Just what is the firmament anyway? Is "expanse" a better translation? How does this effect our understanding of the flat earth? This also opens up the question of where and what is Heaven? I'll look into that more later, but for now I'd like to suggest that the firmament is not simply just a barrier or wall, but an expanse.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Flat Earth: "Ouranos" - Earthly vs Heavenly Bodies [1 Cor. 15]

The verses found in chapter 15 of I Corinthians is of great interest, both cosmologically and theologically speaking, so let's take a look...

15 minutes -

Gary K

Banned
How do you know the sun has no focusing mechanism? It is more of a local light than light that travels 93 million miles. Have you seen the high altitude balloon footage I posted? 22 mile high daytime and sunset from 22 miles high?

Ever seen the light from a campfire at night? What is the natural distribution of light from such a fire? Does it spread out widely or shine only in a narrow beam? The sun is a big fire and thus the light it produces is going to act the same way. Even if it flat instead of a sphere this is still true. Why? A fire on the ground lights up the ground on all sides of it, thus the light spreads over a 180 degree arc. A flat sun would act exactly the same way. Thus it would light the entire earth at one time. There would be no spotlight effect as the flat earth theory requires. The only way to get the effect the flat earth theory requires is for the sun to have focusing mechanism. Thus it's up to you explain this, not me.

Gary K

Banned
And YET, we can observe that this model is completely FALSE... but you just carry on as if you've been shown no evidence.

If the sun were 3000 miles UP and circling the earth, we would see its apparent SIZE change dramatically throughout the day. We do NOT see that!

Also, the observed phases of the moon FAIL in the pancake model.

Those two observations are easily explained in the real model.

You're right there is no explanation for moon phases in the flat earth model. It's one more thing for those who subscribe to it to explain how phases of the moon occur in that theory.

Gary K

Banned
Another thing I would like to have explained to me is how a celestial body can have a gravitational pull when gravity does not exist.

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 (gcide)
Gravitational Grav`i*tation*al, a. (Physics)
Of or pertaining to the force of gravity; as, gravitational
units.
[1913 Webster]

To have a gravitional pull gravity has to exist for without it there is no gravitational pull. The very word gravitational means pertaining to gravity. This mind bender reminds me of the old Roger Miller song: My Uncle Used To Love Me But She Died.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 104:1-10 KJV -

Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.

7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.

9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ever seen the light from a campfire at night? What is the natural distribution of light from such a fire? Does it spread out widely or shine only in a narrow beam? The sun is a big fire and thus the light it produces is going to act the same way. Even if it flat instead of a sphere this is still true. Why? A fire on the ground lights up the ground on all sides of it, thus the light spreads over a 180 degree arc. A flat sun would act exactly the same way. Thus it would light the entire earth at one time. There would be no spotlight effect as the flat earth theory requires. The only way to get the effect the flat earth theory requires is for the sun to have focusing mechanism. Thus it's up to you explain this, not me.
Gravity does exist in flat earth, you can't believe Flat Earth Society and many of the websites out there making real FEers look bad. The sun is electric, the water is electric, your brain is electric, the air is electric and we live in an electric earth and cosmos. Electromagnetism plays a much larger role than gravity. See "Thunderbolt Project youtube" for the electric universe data. This video talks a little about it.

15 minutes

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"iBoy": More Transhumanism Propaganda [Beast System Programming]

Guess it's time for a little movie review/commentary

14 minutes

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1043c4c2b8b904002b751480e07a0b41.jpg