Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1Sam 2:1-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation. (2:2) [There is] none holy as the LORD: for [there is] none beside thee: neither [is there] any rock like our God. (2:3) Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let [not] arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD [is] a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. (2:4) The bows of the mighty men [are] broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. (2:5) [They that were] full have hired out themselves for bread; and [they that were] hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. (2:6) The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. (2:7) The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. (2:8) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, [and] lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set [them] among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth [are] the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. (2:9) He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. (2:10) The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed. (2:11) And Elkanah went to Ramah to his house. And the child did minister unto the LORD before Eli the priest.

The "pillars" are His righteousness, holiness and glory.

Some ignorantly try to make verse 8 a statement of cosmology. That is just plain dumb.

(context, context, context)
You're way off RD, context context context is exactly right. Try it sometime. That's asinine.

Right Divider

Body part
Poor confused PJ.... Until you learn to allow the FIGURATIVE, POETIC, SYMBOLIC figures of speech in the Bible to means what they saw you will be constant using verses OUT OF CONTEXT to try to "prove" your vain imaginations.

Isa 24:1-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:1) Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. (24:2) And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (24:3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word. (24:4) The earth mourneth [and] fadeth away, the world languisheth [and] fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. (24:5) The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. (24:6) Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. (24:7) The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh. (24:8) The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth. (24:9) They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it. (24:10) The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in. (24:11) [There is] a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone. (24:12) In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction. (24:13) ¶ When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, [there shall be] as the shaking of an olive tree, [and] as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done. (24:14) They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea. (24:15) Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, [even] the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea. (24:16) ¶ From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, [even] glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously. (24:17) Fear, and the pit, and the snare, [are] upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth. (24:18) And it shall come to pass, [that] he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. (24:19) The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. (24:20) The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. (24:21) And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones [that are] on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. (24:22) And they shall be gathered together, [as] prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited. (24:23) Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Once AGAIN... not a passage describing cosmology.

Next you'll be claiming that the earth has legs, because "The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Poor confused PJ.
You can't tell the difference between pillars, foundations and immovable when The Bible is clearly talking about earth and it's creation and composition, and you equate every verse that speaks of those as God's righteousness, holiness and glory. Oy Vay

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
474fc78880d9573d18b68c095f958426.jpg

030a09de59b93db36efff5fac986e162.jpg
OK.
In the model above, the foundation of the earth would be below everything else.
So where is the bottomless pit?

What do the globe earthers point to as the foundation of the earth on the globe model?
Does the globe model have a physical foundation, or is it considered to be an idiom for something non-physical?

Right Divider

Body part
You can't tell the difference between pillars, foundations and immovable when The Bible is clearly talking about earth and it's creation and composition, and you equate every verse that speaks of those as God's righteousness, holiness and glory. Oy Vay
Only because EVERY verse that you pervert is talking about His judgments, righteousness, uniqueness, holiness, etc. etc. etc.

NONE of them are talking about the shape of the earth or its orientation with other created bodies.

Sun RISE and sun SET do not even happen on a flat earth, but you sidestep that and "invent" a way for that to "work".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1Sam 2:1-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation. (2:2) [There is] none holy as the LORD: for [there is] none beside thee: neither [is there] any rock like our God. (2:3) Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let [not] arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD [is] a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. (2:4) The bows of the mighty men [are] broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. (2:5) [They that were] full have hired out themselves for bread; and [they that were] hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. (2:6) The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. (2:7) The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. (2:8) He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, [and] lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set [them] among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth [are] the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. (2:9) He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. (2:10) The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed. (2:11) And Elkanah went to Ramah to his house. And the child did minister unto the LORD before Eli the priest.

The "pillars" are His righteousness, holiness and glory.

Some ignorantly try to make verse 8 a statement of cosmology. That is just plain dumb.

(context, context, context)
Am I reading you correctly, that you are implying that it is GOD's righteousness, holiness and glory that is the foundation of the earth?
That would make the foundation of the earth something that is un-created (ie. not something GOD created).

I could almost see it that way, if not for the scriptures that talk about BEFORE the foundation (which would make it BEFORE GOD's righteousness, holiness and glory).

So, in your opinion, are we to see the 'foundation of the earth' to be a created thing or an un-created thing.
(Or even that it could be both - used as a physical created foundation and also a poetic idiom to imply that GOD is foundational to all things?)
I ask with the following verses in mind:

John 17:24 KJV
(24) Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:4 KJV
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1 Peter 1:20 KJV
(20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
OK.

What do the globe earthers point to as the foundation of the earth on the globe model?
Does the globe model have a physical foundation, or is it considered to be an idiom for something non-physical?
I suppose every scripture that speaks of the earth's foundations and pillars etc. it could be allegory, idioms, symbolism, and metaphoric but I disagree with that. On the other hand, the "bottomless pit" raises an issue for literal translation. Bottomless could possibly make more sense on a globe, I guess, but I haven't seen an answer to that in either model really. Is the pit necessarily in the earth or on the earth? I'd have to read about it some more.

Right Divider

Body part
OK.

Job 26:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:7) He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Job 26:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:11) The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

PJ forgot to put the "pillars of heaven" in his picture.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Am I reading you correctly, that you are implying that it is GOD's righteousness, holiness and glory that is the foundation of the earth?
That would make the foundation of the earth something that is un-created (ie. not something GOD created).

I could almost see it that way, if not for the scriptures that talk about BEFORE the foundation (which would make it BEFORE GOD's righteousness, holiness and glory).

So, in your opinion, are we to see the 'foundation of the earth' to be a created thing or an un-created thing.
(Or even that it could be both - used as a physical created foundation and also a poetic idiom to imply that GOD is foundational to all things?)

(24) Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

(20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Before two months ago I would have said "before the foundation of the world" to mean before creation or the before "in the beginning" but also i would say that "foundation" also means "the beginning of" something if I'm not mistaken. God clearly says He built the earth on pillars and foundations with a cornerstone that He laid, He set the earth, fastened it, fixed it, immovable, etc.All of those references can't be idioms IMO.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Job 26:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:7) He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Job 26:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:11) The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

PJ forgot to put the "pillars of heaven" in his picture.
Job 26:7 works perfectly in flat earth. Even better than a globe. If you're actually interested I'll tell you a bit later after my mom uses the computer. Especially since God stretches it out like a garment, a tent and a curtain.

I have a model that shows the "pillars" of heaven but I'm still looking. I'll post for you RD. For now I can only found "foundations" of heaven, but I want to be exact for you.

61979ee3973a9fa2a4c6ef3283beee95.jpg

07e964cc3c650c0aa343f279670247b0.jpg

Right Divider

Body part
I don't follow...

From the passage in Isaiah, it is clearly talking about God's judgment against Israel and their corrupt priesthood.

The "turning upside down" has NOTHING do with a flat earth being flipped like a pancake.

PJ and others like to RIP a verse OUT of CONTEXT and try to build false doctrines upon them.

Isa 24:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:5) The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. (24:6) Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Again.... judgment and NOT cosmology.

The foundation in those verses simply refer to the creation of the cosmos (that is literally the word translated world). It is NOT referring to a foundation as in a support beneath a house or the earth or any other such thing.

Right Divider

Body part
Job 26:7 works perfectly in flat earth. Even better than a globe. If you're actually interested I'll tell you a bit later after my mom uses the computer.
Not interested.

I have a model that shows the "pillars" of heaven but I'm still looking. I'll post for you RD. For now I can only found "foundations" of heaven, but I want to be exact for you.

61979ee3973a9fa2a4c6ef3283beee95.jpg

07e964cc3c650c0aa343f279670247b0.jpg
View attachment 26297
You're beginning to remind me of the evolutionists with their made up pictures.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't follow...

From the passage in Isaiah, it is clearly talking about God's judgment against Israel and their corrupt priesthood.

The "turning upside down" has NOTHING do with a flat earth being flipped like a pancake.

PJ and others like to RIP a verse OUT of CONTEXT and try to build false doctrines upon them.

Isa 24:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:5) The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. (24:6) Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Again.... judgment and NOT cosmology.

The foundation in those verses simply refer to the creation of the cosmos (that is literally the word translated world). It is NOT referring to a foundation as in a support beneath a house or the earth or any other such thing.
Job 38:1-14 KJV - Creation NOT judgement.
Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
NEPHILIM vs. FLAT EARTH

From Video Description : Lots of people have become aware of the topic of the Nephilim and the passages of Genesis 6, etc., over the last several years, yet a lot of these people are still quite opposed to even investigating the Flat Earth subject. Let's explore this, shall we?

12 minutes - This is a good one -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
FLAT EARTH and the "HYPER-MOON"

From Video Description : This video expounds upon a portion of an interview featuring Josh Peck, whereby Josh is talking about the "holographic moon theory", and connects it to the possibility of four(+) dimensional objects/beings in the universe. I have been really thinking a lot about the implications of such ideas ever since coming face to face with the Flat Earth topic and my subsequent launch into this concept of "Enochian Cosmology".

Could the moon actually be some kind of "hyper-sphere"? Would this account for the odd "moon waves" being captured by various people, and would it not help explain the phases of the moon as well, if indeed the moon is not reflecting the sun, but generating it's own light, as the FE model suggests..?

For my of my random thoughts on this subject, and others, feel free to stop by my little blog at: weseeasthroughaglassdarkly.wordpress.com

8 minutes

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Neil Says Put FLAT EARTH -ers into Space. I say, "Blast off! Let's Go!"

From Video : Neil, Neil, Neil... You just make it too hard to resist sometimes...

I don't think there is enough room in the production studio anymore, to put everyone who think the Earth is flat into "space"...

11 Minutes -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Flat Earth: "Globes In My Mind..." [REDUX]

From Video Description : So the other day I come across this really sweet orchestral version of "Where is my mind" by the Pixies, which I used in one of my early Flat Earth videos back in November 2015 https://youtu.be/GBOjTrEOSBQ , and I just kept listening to this song, and well, one thing led to another, and I wound up making a new version of "Globes in My Mind"....

8 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.