Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqq

Psalm 50:1-3 KJV - The mighty God, even the Lord, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

I thought the sun neither rises nor sets nor goes down in your version of the flat earth model? Doesn't the sun just go out of view when it becomes night on one side of the earth? You don't take such passages literally like you do your proof texts? You do not have a sunset in your flat earth model. What you actually have appears to be something more like the sun going out of view for the night time period. You have no "rising of the sun" and no "going down of the sun" in your model. It appears you take some passages literally and apply symbolic language to those which would otherwise refute your model. Uh-oh, unfair balances and scales are condemned in the scripture whether you take that literally or as symbolism. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I thought the sun neither rises nor sets nor goes down in your version of the flat earth model? Doesn't the sun just go out of view when it becomes night on one side of the earth? You don't take such passages literally like you do your proof texts? You do not have a sunset in your flat earth model. What you actually have appears to be something more like the sun going out of view for the night time period. You have no "rising of the sun" and no "going down of the sun" in your model. It appears you take some passages literally and apply symbolic language to those which would otherwise refute your model. Uh-oh, unfair balances and scales are condemned in the scripture whether you take that literally or as symbolism. :)
Of course the sun goes down to the inhabitable visible known world. Only at the north pole at certain times does it not set. Midnight sun. They say it happens at the south pole but it's not credibly documented. These verses were not posted to defend flat earth or a globe. Sometimes I post various random scriptures that I am led to. I wasn't even looking for sun, moon or stars scriptures when I came across this. Sometimes parts of verses come to my mind out of nowhere just from memory I suppose. These verses do nothing to the Biblical enclosed flat earth and firmament. :e4e:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What do these verses describe to you?

Psalm 19:1-6 KJV - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

Job 37:3 KJV - He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

Job 28:24-27 KJV - For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;

25 To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.
26 When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
27 Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.

Under the WHOLE heaven is an enclosed flat earth and cosmos or could be. Because if the whole heaven is as big as science says, that would require other planets
with life, waters, under the whole heaven. None of which is mentioned in scripture. It sounds to me there that the tabernacle for the sun makes the earth the center of the "universe", the earth is the tabernacle.

daqq

Of course the sun goes down to inhabitable known world. Only at the north pole at certain times does it not set. Midnight sun. They say it happens at the south pole but it's not credibly documented. These verses were not posted to defend flat earth or a globe. Sometimes I post various random scriptures that I am led to. I wasn't even looking for sun, moon or stars scriptures when I came across this. Sometimes parts of verses come to my mind out of nowhere just from memory I suppose. These verses do nothing to the Biblical enclosed flat earth and firmament. :e4e:

The reason for posting the scripture doesn't matter: it still does not agree with your flat earth model. It says "the rising of the sun and the going down thereof", but in your model the sun never rises and never goes down, and instead travels around a circle in the heavens, or perhaps, I think your model actually has three circles that the sun travels through the sky, to make the seasons, correct?

Psalm 19:1-6 KJV - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

Job 37:3 KJV - He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

Job 28:24-27 KJV - For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;

26 When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
27 Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.

Under the WHOLE heaven is an enclosed flat earth and cosmos or could be. Because if the whole heaven is as big as science says, that would require other planets
with life, waters, under the whole heaven. None of which is mentioned in scripture.

And yet herein above is another passage you apparently do not take literally, or perhaps take some portions or words literally and others not so literally: for it states that the things in the firmament have both a line and a circuit. That can only mean that they travel in a straight line across the circuit of the sky as viewed from the ground below. It is speaking in similar terms as having a rising and a setting of the sun because it says the sun is like a bridegroom coming forth out of his chamber, (sunrise), and its going forth is from one end of heaven, (in the east), and its circuit in the arch of the heavens travels a straight line across the sky until it sets in the west at the other end of the heavens, (which is no doubt in the west). This is not speaking in terms of a flat earth at all, but rather, the line which the sun follows through the arch or circuit of the sky overhead. Read it again with these things in mind because this passage does not support your version of the flat earth model:

Psalm 19:1-6 KJV
1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

In other words it is really all in your perspective and what you wish to see as you read because your mind automatically excludes from "literalism" some words that are even right there in the text, which words actually which refute what you are saying to begin with. There is no straight line across the top of the sky for the sun or moon in your model. There is no end of the heavens in your model. Your flat earth model has the sun and moon traveling in circles passing through the heavens while never actually rising or setting. There is no sunrise in your model. There is no sunset in your model. Why do you not take these portions of this passage literally like you do the other portions which you think justify your flat earth model?

No sunrise, no sunset, no moon-rise, no moon-set in your model:

Flat earth model (one possible depiction)
fbf3fd3f9af7842838ab00ae966d5ee4.gif

The models above do not agree with what you quoted from Psalm 19. :idunno:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The reason for posting the scripture doesn't matter: it still does not agree with your flat earth model. It says "the rising of the sun and the going down thereof", but in your model the sun never rises and never goes down, and instead travels around a circle in the heavens, or perhaps, I think your model actually has three circles that the sun travels through the sky, to make the seasons, correct?

The models above do not agree with what you quoted from Psalm 19. :idunno:
You're missing the boat on this daqq. It certainly does fit. The models available are rudimentary at best, imo. The sun, my friend, circles, makes it's circuit, around the enclosed flat earth and cosmos. It travels from Tropic to Tropic, Solstice to Solstice. The ancient Chinese Ying Yang symbol accurately represents the exact path of the light and darkness. Here are a few other possible depictions as no accurate model exists, just the globe you were brainwashed into believing starting in kindergarten.

c02dfb76b89ca095f7aa17f337a46165.jpg

58caa09a8b10aa2b42b4c9b8ede48fa3.jpg

a40a78b43521cd49cd447c9c4fe3b596.jpg

c680e824fc3655e8b0e2fd8682e4181e.jpg

daqq

You're missing the boat on this daqq. It certainly does fit. The models available are rudimentary at best, imo. The sun, my friend, circles, makes it's circuit, around the enclosed flat earth and cosmos. It travels from Tropic to Tropic, Solstice to Solstice. The ancient Chinese Ying Yang symbol accurately represents the exact path of the light and darkness. Here are a few other possible depictions as no accurate model exists, just the globe you were brainwashed into believing starting in kindergarten.

c02dfb76b89ca095f7aa17f337a46165.jpg

58caa09a8b10aa2b42b4c9b8ede48fa3.jpg

a40a78b43521cd49cd447c9c4fe3b596.jpg

c680e824fc3655e8b0e2fd8682e4181e.jpg

You've confirmed my point: you only read the scripture as literal when it seems to confirm what you choose to believe: but when it refutes what you believe, you change the scripture by some sort of false justification in your mind for doing so. The passage says LINE, and that word is qaw or qav, a chord for measurement but also used for chords in string instruments like harps, etc., (and thus the word speaks not only of "their line" but of their voice having gone out through all the earth). However, if you took that word as literal, it would justify the heliocentric model because that is exactly what happens in the heliocentric model: the sun travels a straight line across the arch of the sky each and every day because the earth spins on an axis. What or who allows you to make such a decision so as to decide that the scripture is totally literal in one case and nothing more than the perspective of man in another case? Moreover that passage is speaking of all the luminaries in the heavens: the firmament showing the handiwork of the Creator, (Psa19:1), and it then says that "Their line is gone out through all the earth", and again, that word for line is qaw or qav, which is a chord or a rule, (as in a ruler for measurements), and it is used for taking straight line measurements in buildings, plots of land, and so on. There is no way for you to justify changing that word to mean a circle. So not only do you not take it literally for what it says; but you change the meaning of the word for line and turn it into a circle to fit a flat earth model, while at the same time it is indeed a straight line which the sun travels across the sky each and every day in the heliocentric model.

http://biblehub.com/text/psalms/19-4.htm
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6957.htm

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

with life, waters, under the whole heaven. None of which is mentioned in scripture. It sounds to me there that the tabernacle for the sun makes the earth the center of the "universe", the earth is the tabernacle.
So we have earth and firmament as a tabernacle for the sun. It's circuit goes to THE END OF THE HEAVEN (FIRMAMENT). The end of the heaven, daqq. Tabernacle UNDER THE WHOLE HEAVEN. The whole cosmos. We're not just a speck of dust in vast endless expanding, flying, zooming in the shape of a ball through empty space "universe". We are the center of the cosmos in an immovable enclosed earth and firmament, as God tells us.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You've confirmed my point: you only read the scripture as literal when it seems to confirm what you choose to believe: but when it refutes what you believe, you change the scripture by some sort of false justification in your mind for doing so. The passage says LINE, and that word is qaw or qav, a chord for measurement but also used for chords in string instruments like harps, etc., (and thus the word speaks not only of "their line" but of their voice having gone out through all the earth). However, if you took that word as literal, it would justify the heliocentric model because that is exactly what happens in the heliocentric model: the sun travels a straight line across the arch of the sky each and every day because the earth spins on an axis. What or who allows you to make such a decision so as to decide that the scripture is totally literal in one case and nothing more than the perspective of man in another case? Moreover that passage is speaking of all the luminaries in the heavens: the firmament showing the handiwork of the Creator, (Psa19:1), and it then says that "Their line is gone out through all the earth", and again, that word for line is qaw or qav, which is a chord or a rule, (as in a ruler for taking measurements), and it is used for for taking straight line measurements in buildings, plots of land, and son on. There is no way for you to justify changing that word to mean a circle or circuit. So not only do you not take it literally for what it says; but you change the meaning of the word for line and turn it into a circle or circuit to fit a flat earth model.

http://biblehub.com/text/psalms/19-4.htm
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6957.htm
Nope.
27115ad11248e24f2d78b2686f814846.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yep, read the links.
I did not change the words of scripture, nor do I misinterpret the words and the word circuit.

KJV Dictionary Definition: circuit

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth. (WRONG the sun travels around the earth)
circuiteer

CIRCUITEER, n. One that travels a circuit.
circuition

CIRCUITION, n. The act of going round; compass; circumlocution.
circuitous

CIRCUITOUS, a. Going round in a circuit; not direct; as a circuitous road or course.
circuitously

CIRCUITOUSLY, adv. In a circuit

CIRCUIT - Definition from the KJV Dictionary - AV1611.Com

daqq

I did not change the words of scripture, nor do I misinterpret the words and the word circuit.

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth. (WRONG the sun travels around the earth)
circuiteer

circuition

circuitous

CIRCUITOUS, a. Going round in a circuit; not direct; as a circuitous road or course.
circuitously

CIRCUITOUSLY, adv. In a circuit

Reread what I said: your flat earth model requires that you ignore what Psa19:4 says, "Their LINE, (not circle), has gone forth through all the earth. It is speaking of the luminaries in the firmament of the heavens, and especially the sun, which travels in a LINE across the arch of the sky, which your flat earth model says is not a line but a circle. Also see the video I posted above which proves the same thing: that the sun travels a line across the sky, not a circle going around the surface of the earth. The Psalm literally says a LINE which you are ignoring.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You ought to watch this Patrick because it is based on observations of the sun from the earth, such as what is is written in Psa19:4, but without even mentioning any scripture, yet observing the same:
I will today and see if you can find the time to watch this and listen between 3 minutes and 25 minutes to the testimony of leading scientists and astronomical observatories from around the world on eclipses over the last 300 or 400 years. Very rare footage of a plane at 30 to 40,000 feet flying towards the eclipse, I've never seen the sun like this before, it's fascinating. 30 minutes total length of video.

https://youtu.be/csULdTh7Xqs

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Reread what I said: your flat earth model requires that you ignore what Psa19:4 says, "Their LINE, (not circle), has gone forth through all the earth. It is speaking of the luminaries in the firmament of the heavens, and especially the sun, which travels in a LINE across the arch of the sky, which your flat earth model says is not a line but a circle. Also see the video I posted above which proves the same thing: that the sun travels a line across the sky, not a circle going around the surface of the earth. The Psalm literally says a LINE which you are ignoring.
You "proved" nothing sir.

Right Divider

Body part
But not with a sun and moon that stay at the same height and spin around in a plane. They don't go up ("rise") or down ("set").
I've explained that, but some don't seem to get it.

The absolute minimum viewing angle in the FE model still puts the sun 9 degrees ABOVE the horizon. It's really simple.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Reread what saith scripture. Your video was amateur hour for 17 minutes. He said things like "the flat earthers have just been lucky" he says, that because they can attach mystery to Antarctica that's why it was popular. I suspect that once one see the truth they tire of telling the dumb and blind world. Some people understand, others never will, the globe is ingrained in your brain. Perhaps by somewhat of a revelation it hits you. You are the one putting extra non-biblical meaning to the words circuit and lines. Read what it says, not what you say. The WHOLE heaven, the END OF THE HEAVEN..We're not zipping through "space" at millions upon millions of miles per hour while spinning 1,000 miles per hour. The earth has satellites, some of which are the sun and moon. Did you watch and listen to the eclipse from a plane video yet? Deal with it internally for a while.

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth.
circuiteer

circuition

circuitous

circuitously

CIRCUITOUSLY, adv. In a circuit.

LINE, n. L. linea, linum; Gr. flax.
1. In geometry, a quantity extended in length, without breadth or thickness; or a limit terminating a surface.

KJV Dictionary Definition: breadth - Definition Number 1.

breadth

BREADTH, n. bredth. The measure or extent of any plain surface from side to side; a geometrical dimension, which,multiplied into the length, constitutes a surface; as,the length of a table is five feet, and the breadth, three; 5x3=15 feet, the whole surface.

KJV Dictionary Definition: compass

compass

Stretch; reach; extent; the limit or boundary of a space, and the space included; applied to time, space, sound, &c. Our knowledge lies within a very narrow compass. The universe extends beyond the compass of our thoughts. So we say, the compass of a year, the compass of an empire, the compass of reason, the compass of the voice.
And in that compass all the world contains.
2. A passing round; a circular course; a circuit.
Time is come round;

Time is come round;
and where I did begin, thee shall I end:

KJV Dictionary Definition: line

line

1. In geometry, a quantity extended in length, without breadth or thickness; or a limit terminating a surface.

daqq

Reread what saith scripture. Your video was amateur hour for 17 minutes. He said things like "the flat earthers have just been lucky" he says, that because they can attach mystery to Antarctica that's why it was popular. I suspect that once one see the truth they tire of telling the dumb and blind world. Some people understand, others never will, the globe is ingrained in your brain. Perhaps by somewhat of a revelation it hits you. You are the one putting extra non-biblical meaning to the words circuit and lines. Read what it says, not what you say. The WHOLE heaven, the END OF THE HEAVEN..We're not zipping through "space" at millions upon millions of miles per hour while spinning 1,000 miles per hour. The earth has satellites, some of which are the sun and moon. Did you watch the eclipse from a plane video yet? Deal with it internally for a while.

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth.
circuiteer

circuition

circuitous

circuitously

CIRCUITOUSLY, adv. In a circuit.

LINE, n. L. linea, linum; Gr. flax.

KJV Dictionary Definition: breadth - Definition Number 1.

breadth

BREADTH, n. bredth. The measure or extent of any plain surface from side to side; a geometrical dimension, which,multiplied into the length, constitutes a surface; as,the length of a table is five feet, and the breadth, three; 5x3=15 feet, the whole surface.

KJV Dictionary Definition: compass

compass

Stretch; reach; extent; the limit or boundary of a space, and the space included; applied to time, space, sound, &c. Our knowledge lies within a very narrow compass. The universe extends beyond the compass of our thoughts. So we say, the compass of a year, the compass of an empire, the compass of reason, the compass of the voice.
Time is come round;

Time is come round;
and where I did begin, thee shall I end:

KJV Dictionary Definition: line

line

Hmmm, the thread was closed a minute ago. Any way the most important portion of the video I posted, imo, starts at the 15:30 point. What you see on the diagram are observations from those points on the earth, (from the tropics and the equator), and those three views occurring simultaneously all at the same time of year are absolutely not possible on a flat earth model. Those observations prove that the earth is a sphere because the lines demarcated by the two tropics and the equator are no doubt parallel lines, (even in your flat earth model). The reason that the sun appears to do three different things from those three locations all at the same time can only be true because the earth is a sphere, and thus, the differences are due to perception because the observers are viewing the sun from locations on a giant sphere.

Moreover simple and straightforward observations made with a sundial demolish the flat earth theory; a sundial simply cannot work on a flat earth because the geometry would not allow it, and a simple experiment such as in the following video easily shows this to be the case:

It was necessary for me to study sundials in order to better understand the calendar, and the yamim-hours of Creation in the first chapter of Genesis, and the hours of the shabuim-weeks of hours in the prayer times of the Prophet Daniel, which are all fulfilled in the ministry of Meshiah and consummated at Golgotha and in the resurrection of Meshiah. The ultimate answers are found in the various types of sundials. There are about four main differing opinions about the sundial of Ahaz, as to what kind of sundial it may have been: some suggest it may have concerned the steps at the temple, on the eastern side at the Golden Gate, (because of the "Psalms of Degrees" or steps, mostly written by Hezekiah the king of Judah). Others say it may have been an actual stepped sundial, the kind which has a wall next to the steps on each end with two flights of steps going up, like ramps facing each other, like so:
Hezekiah.jpg

http://bethanybible.org/new/sermon/sermons_2011/2011-07-03/hezekiahs-cry-isaiah-38

dial.jpg

http://www.britam.org/Questions/QuesArchaeology.html

Others suggest that it may have been like this one below, found at Madein Saleh; which is now at Istanbul Archaeological Museum of the Ancient Orient, and thought to have been based on the Scaphe, a primitive model which is said to have been first invented by Aristarchus, (whom we have also discussed, and I know that does not go back as far as Ahaz, but who really knows?).

sundialfrommadainsaleh.jpg

http://www.scripturalsabbath.com/sun_and_moon.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphe

There was also one of this type unearthed at the Jerusalem temple ruins, (which is probably at the Israeli Museum, these two image files are likely a replica). It was a small hand-held portable version of the one pictured above, and it is no doubt from the second temple era, Herod's temple, and thought to have likely been owned by a priest, (who must surely know the hours of the day if he is engaged in sacrificial duties, prayers, etc., at the temple). It could be placed out-doors on a ledge or even in an exposed window sill or ledge, in direct sunlight; and if positioned correctly it would display the hours of the day by the shadow of the sun. This is the same site which has the image file of the one above, (I have not read this page and am only linking to it because of the image files).

sunny.jpg
sundial.jpg

http://www.scripturalsabbath.com/sun_and_moon.html

And of course there is the equatorial or equinoctial sundial as shown in the image files below. It really does not matter what kind of sundial it was that is mentioned in the scripture, (the sundial of Ahaz, 2Kgs20:1-11, Isa38:1-8), because in the end the results are the same: every sundial uses some sort of gnomon, or a wall, (step sundial), or a portico-overhang, (such as over the stairs at the temple gates), which is placed in the sunlight in one way or another so as to cast a shadow, whether it be stairs, or steps, or a half hemisphere-like a bowl with a gnomon, or an equatorial sundial facing due north, or due south, and a center gnomon that casts a shadow. They all do pretty much the same thing, and work on similar principles, but with slightly different designs.

The world's oldest known sundial:

Egypt, Valley of the Kings, circa 1500 BCE
330px-Ancient-egyptian-sundial.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundial

Forbidden City, Beijing
1191px-Beijing_sundial.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundial

sundial-of-ahaz.png

This is the good and delightful end to this thread for me, (lol), even if it never fully rotates upon its axis and circles back around to these critically important clues. :chuckle:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm, the thread was closed a minute ago. Any way the most important portion of the video I posted, imo, starts at the 15:30 point. What you see on the diagram are observations from those points on the earth, (from the tropics and the equator), and those three views occurring simultaneously all at the same time of year are absolutely not possible on a flat earth model. Those observation prove that the earth is a sphere because the lines demarcated by the two tropics and the equator are no doubt parallel lines, (even in your flat earth model).
I'll check into that. I didn't close the thread but Knight was on and I think he did it. Apparently we can have people preaching false gospels and freelight with new age cosmic esoteric theosophy in Religion Threads, but flat earth threads are unwelcome even if many Christians interpret the scriptures to support the possibility. Nothing I can do if it's closed for me. Maybe he was messin' with me because I tagged him Dave's thread. :chuckle:

BTW, I disagree with your premise and all things are possible with God. Funny how globers always revert back to either gravity or "perspective." :chuckle:

daqq

I'll check into that. I didn't close the thread but Knight was on and I think he did it. Apparently we can have people preaching false gospels and freelight with new age cosmic esoteric theosophy in Relion Threads, but flat earth threads are unwelcome even if many Christians interpret the scriptures support the possibility. Nothing I can do if it's closed for me. Maybe he was messin' with me because I tagged him Dave's thread. :chuckle:

Ah, okay, at least it wasn't you . . .
Please don't pull a Meshak on me after spending so much time here. :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]In the Last Days (the) knowledge shall increase?[/h]From video description: In this segment from a recent interview I did with Chad Schafer, we talked about our take on what it means when Scripture says in the Last Days THE knowledge shall increase.

https://youtu.be/6Z3QqHGwbmw - 11 minutes - click on link for full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.