Being politically correct harms Transgenders?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who ... gets hurt if you dress like a woman?
It promotes falsehood.

First, though, let us address the basic assumption of the contemporary parade: the idea that exchange of one’s sex is possible. It, like the storied Emperor, is starkly, nakedly false. Transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men. All (including Bruce Jenner) become feminized men or masculinized women, counterfeits or impersonators of the sex with which they “identify.” In that lies their problematic future.

Derf

Warning: TLDBR (Too Long, Don't Bother Reading) :)

Warning: TLDBR (Too Long, Don't Bother Reading) :)

Yes...... breaking that law could have flooded sickness amomgst the community in those times, just as Lev.18:6 could have opened the 'gates' to serious in-breeding weakmesses. They were potentially destruction of the whole people, back then.
We'll call this "your paradigm" in following comments. I agree with you, and want to applaud you for it, as it is a proper way to look at Mosaic law, at least some of it.
Every single law was seriously important, including laws such as: Not to wear garments made of wool and linen mixed together (Deut. 22:11). This may have been about segregation and status. Wool was the main clothing material for the five peasant classes. There was no middle class. Linseed/flax/linen was made for high class persons. And so maybe garments showed status and position? This is not new.
So if anybody wants to cling to old laws for old times and circumstances now, then it might be better for them to disband modern legislation and accept the whole lot, chapter and verse. All of them!
Derf said:
And I can ask the same thing about homosexuality: what about it back then was so dangerous for the people that those that participated were to be stoned? Apparently you think that homosexuals back then carried some kind of dread disease that if left alive, it would spread to the rest of the people, yes?
Not just homosexuals! ....... all people, and all creatures, which is why marriage...... no adultery, no homosexuality, no sodomy, no fornication, not eating of carnivores and carrion eaters ..... NOTHING... could be tolerated which could lead to mass infections. The punishments were there to hammer home the law...... dreadful but absolutely necessary.

All the above was still unnacceptable in Jesus's time. The risks had not reduced. Trouble was, the Priesthood, Levites... the upper ruling class had mostly turned 'quisling', excuse that Nordic 20th century term to describe Greedy, Hellenised, corrupted, hypocritical turncoats who were copying invader fashions, cultures and bad habits and forgetting about the old ways and laws which had protected everybody for eons. John the Baptist put it very nicely.
So up until John, at least, you believe the old laws were entirely to be enforced? Or were some of them ignorable by then? How did they know? Jesus said to continue doing what the Pharisees said, but don't follow their example. The example was that they weren't really following the laws--especially the principles involved of loving God and your neighbor--just pretending to and requiring others to do so for real.

But after Jesus' time? How do you know what laws don't have some kind of lasting consequence for a population? That takes some serious foresight and, dare I say, omniscience? (Sssssh, don't let God know you don't think He knows what He's talking about anymore!)
But some laws were changing. Jesus took the Passover meal a day early and he did not eat it in a Temple refectory (hall) as the law required, since half a million folks now needed to be 'fleeced' and got away, so visitors took rooms around the city to take that meal and probably not all during the same day. 2000 priests, 6000 Jewish Temple guards plus the Roman garrison which patrolled the Temple outer wall-tops (only). No wonder every satellite town around Jerusalem was booked up solid at major feasts. We know that count from a census taken by Augustus which counted the kidney pairs of sacrificial lambs, important since Rome took a cut of Temple bureau-de-change rates, a corrupt system which infuriated Jesus. No wonder he demonstrated in and picketed the Temple Courts two days running.
Old laws were being changed or ignored, and the upper-class was ignoring the lot when possible. Hypocrites.
This confuses me a bit. Why do you call them hypocrites for ignoring laws, when you say Jesus was beginning to ignore the laws, too? Does that make Jesus a hypocrite?

As far as I've read, the passover was a meal to eat with your family, or with other families around you. Certainly nothing to do with a temple refectory in Moses' time.
But today any couple should have the right to happiness, regardless of their sexuality.
And what if my and my partner's happiness involves something that brings on some plague (HIV, for instance) that kills hundreds of thousands of people every year? This is using your yardstick. Maybe until HIV drugs are reduced to a decent price and made available to the poor of Africa, the penalty for homosexuality and adultery ought to still be in place. Else the "rich" of our country (practically everybody), who can afford HIV drugs, are living it up at the expense of the poor in Africa. Seems to me you just made a solid case for the death penalty for homosexuality and adultery. (I hope your wife is still paying attention.)
But if you want redundant laws back, take them all........ and surely only Jesus's word should have the authority to change a line?
I missed the redundant laws part. What was redundant? And if redundance is the issue, then removing one doesn't eliminate the other, so no real change if a single law is revoked.

But regarding the "whole law" argument, we have some things that were definitely abrogated by Jesus (like sacrifices for sin and needing to be circumcised--oh wait, you still like those, since you reject Paul as authoritative). If we want to take the whole counsel of scripture, we want to see what things are appropriate to loving God and loving our neighbor. And once you remove the sacrifices and temple rites and unclean food and clothing laws, there seem to be reasonable utility for what's left. Take the parapet law (Deut 22:8). What complaint do you have with that one? We use that principle everytime we have an inspector come to "bless" our new construction projects. Are you saying we should do away with guardrails in high places, just because the Mosaic law requires them? Hey, if your going to do guardrails, you may as well do the whole law!! You don't really love your neighbor, do you?
Ah...... I see Genesis as beautiful metaphor, and I do know that this can irritate some Christians
Do you mean the early chapters or the whole thing. I have a hard time seeing how the Abraham through Joseph stories could be taken as metaphorical. Even if you take the first few chapters metaphorically, it still denotes a command/obedience sequence, with violent repercussions (death and destruction) for disobedience. By which, without specific authorization to ignore commands of God, you tread on dangerous ground--and worse, you do 2 more things: 1) you endanger those that also want to disobey by giving them permission you don't have authority to give, and 2) in your paradigm you endanger others by your mere disobedience, since the laws are for your protection and for everyone around you.
......... I once asked a Christian (Unitarian)
in some people's minds you just contradicted yourself.
if in a World dominated by his church, did he want to see mass executions, stonings and burnings in public every week. He answered,'Oh we wouldn't stone them anymore..... it would probably be by injection.' And I know people who would like to see Sharia law in localities where the elected council is Muslim. There are people out there who would take OT laws and terrify even your followers with the consequences.
I think the proper answer to that question, "Do you want to see mass executions...", is "no". Just like God, in giving those laws originally did not want to see mass executions..., or do you feel God did want that. The idea of many of those laws was to eliminate the evil from the nation. So it is unlikely that the stonings and burnings would continue unabated, or that they would be "mass" executions, as long as the prinicples were followed.

I think your friend was being disingenuous to suggest that we hide the terror of executions by using injections. The whole idea of stoning was that 1. people would be terrified of being stoned, so they needed to see the execution, and 2. (I think) that ordinary people would be involved to be able to show mercy (Joseph's desire to put Mary away privily is a good example of mercy). Hiding executions and the pain thereof, and making executioner an official position (like many of the ISIS beheadings, for instance) defeat the intentions of those laws.

And it fits into the mercy of God in your paradigm--that He was hoping to prevent more horrific occurrences (like genocide by plague, etc.) by executing on a small scale.

Be all that as it may, God was the instrument in a number of mass executions. Are you saying He's morally deficient because of these mass executions? Can you ask God the same thing you asked your friend: "God, do you want to see mass executions, stonings, burnings in public every week?" Those were His laws, after all. If that question doesn't apply to God, why would it apply more to those that want to enforce His law?
I recently asked some Christians if homosexuality is a mental condition, and they mostly answered 'yes' and still believed that hanging, stoning or any slow painful death would be a suitable sentence. So now some Christians are telling me that they would kill mentally disabled people.
I don't think God gave a special waiver for mentally deficient people, did He? As I talked about before, it seems that some mental deficiencies are expected when morals are deficient. And it almost seems like God was helping to prevent some of those mental deficiencies by executing those that would have been responsible for propagating such mental deficiencies around the nation--at least by your paradigm.
That won't help the expansion of Christianity. Let's try for any common ground. I don't want a world where religion, creed, nationality, colour, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status is discriminated against, let alone mass executions taking place at half-time during soccer matches............. Well that's what happens in some mid-East countries as the norm, and their laws are exactly the same ones which we debate here, with a few additions sent by God to their prophet, or so they say........
So what I think you are saying by this comparison is that Moses was a crackpot that made up al those laws and pretended they were from God. I can see why you don't stay true to your paradigm if that's how you feel about Moses.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I recently asked some Christians if homosexuality is a mental condition, and they mostly answered 'yes' and still believed that hanging, stoning or any slow painful death would be a suitable sentence.

Homosexuality is a deviance, usually perpetuated by underlying mental illnesses.

Transgenderism IS a mental illness, because it is a simple fact that a person has to go under the knife to keep from killing themselves is, by definition, mentally ill. They live their life in fantasy thereafter, and because of that and other factors, their life expectancy is statistically shorter.

Mental illness. A cigar is a cigar.

eider

We'll call this "your paradigm" in following comments. I agree with you, and want to applaud you for it, as it is a proper way to look at Mosaic law, at least some of it.
So up until John, at least, you believe the old laws were entirely to be enforced? Or were some of them ignorable by then? How did they know? Jesus said to continue doing what the Pharisees said, but don't follow their example. The example was that they weren't really following the laws--especially the principles involved of loving God and your neighbor--just pretending to and requiring others to do so for real.

But after Jesus' time? How do you know what laws don't have some kind of lasting consequence for a population? That takes some serious foresight and, dare I say, omniscience? (Sssssh, don't let God know you don't think He knows what He's talking about anymore!)
This confuses me a bit. Why do you call them hypocrites for ignoring laws, when you say Jesus was beginning to ignore the laws, too? Does that make Jesus a hypocrite?

As far as I've read, the passover was a meal to eat with your family, or with other families around you. Certainly nothing to do with a temple refectory in Moses' time.
And what if my and my partner's happiness involves something that brings on some plague (HIV, for instance) that kills hundreds of thousands of people every year? This is using your yardstick. Maybe until HIV drugs are reduced to a decent price and made available to the poor of Africa, the penalty for homosexuality and adultery ought to still be in place. Else the "rich" of our country (practically everybody), who can afford HIV drugs, are living it up at the expense of the poor in Africa. Seems to me you just made a solid case for the death penalty for homosexuality and adultery. (I hope your wife is still paying attention.)
I missed the redundant laws part. What was redundant? And if redundance is the issue, then removing one doesn't eliminate the other, so no real change if a single law is revoked.

But regarding the "whole law" argument, we have some things that were definitely abrogated by Jesus (like sacrifices for sin and needing to be circumcised--oh wait, you still like those, since you reject Paul as authoritative). If we want to take the whole counsel of scripture, we want to see what things are appropriate to loving God and loving our neighbor. And once you remove the sacrifices and temple rites and unclean food and clothing laws, there seem to be reasonable utility for what's left. Take the parapet law (Deut 22:8). What complaint do you have with that one? We use that principle everytime we have an inspector come to "bless" our new construction projects. Are you saying we should do away with guardrails in high places, just because the Mosaic law requires them? Hey, if your going to do guardrails, you may as well do the whole law!! You don't really love your neighbor, do you?
Do you mean the early chapters or the whole thing. I have a hard time seeing how the Abraham through Joseph stories could be taken as metaphorical. Even if you take the first few chapters metaphorically, it still denotes a command/obedience sequence, with violent repercussions (death and destruction) for disobedience. By which, without specific authorization to ignore commands of God, you tread on dangerous ground--and worse, you do 2 more things: 1) you endanger those that also want to disobey by giving them permission you don't have authority to give, and 2) in your paradigm you endanger others by your mere disobedience, since the laws are for your protection and for everyone around you.
I think the proper answer to that question, "Do you want to see mass executions...", is "no". Just like God, in giving those laws originally did not want to see mass executions..., or do you feel God did want that. The idea of many of those laws was to eliminate the evil from the nation. So it is unlikely that the stonings and burnings would continue unabated, or that they would be "mass" executions, as long as the prinicples were followed.

I think your friend was being disingenuous to suggest that we hide the terror of executions by using injections. The whole idea of stoning was that 1. people would be terrified of being stoned, so they needed to see the execution, and 2. (I think) that ordinary people would be involved to be able to show mercy (Joseph's desire to put Mary away privily is a good example of mercy). Hiding executions and the pain thereof, and making executioner an official position (like many of the ISIS beheadings, for instance) defeat the intentions of those laws.

And it fits into the mercy of God in your paradigm--that He was hoping to prevent more horrific occurrences (like genocide by plague, etc.) by executing on a small scale.

Be all that as it may, God was the instrument in a number of mass executions. Are you saying He's morally deficient because of these mass executions? Can you ask God the same thing you asked your friend: "God, do you want to see mass executions, stonings, burnings in public every week?" Those were His laws, after all. If that question doesn't apply to God, why would it apply more to those that want to enforce His law?
I don't think God gave a special waiver for mentally deficient people, did He? As I talked about before, it seems that some mental deficiencies are expected when morals are deficient. And it almost seems like God was helping to prevent some of those mental deficiencies by executing those that would have been responsible for propagating such mental deficiencies around the nation--at least by your paradigm.
So what I think you are saying by this comparison is that Moses was a crackpot that made up al those laws and pretended they were from God. I can see why you don't stay true to your paradigm if that's how you feel about Moses.

Brilliant post!
Seriously good responses!
I need to use my computer, copy the lot, work on my replies over the next day and come back to you.
This is what I call a discussion...... And thank you for the care and time that you have taken.
Give me a day.....

eider

My wife? She lost interest in you some time ago......... but I still like you! :)
I have ignored your rhetoric, crowing, presumptions etc, and answered in 2/3 posts............
But your prejudice is shown clearly in the above para...... So adulterers and Homosexuals should die to protect society and your partner from infections such as HIV? I think that this identifies your bigotry nicely.
And so you would spare negligent dentists, doctors, nurses, laboratory technicians, plebotomists etc, and even spare intentional biters, blood smearers ad others who pass the infection on? I probably have more experience of waiting for the result of an HIV test than you (1992), at that time a three month wait for results, and not being able to live a normal relationship with my wife, or even knowing whether I could again, ever. But I didn't want my attacker executed!
Do you just want to pick on your pet hates?

What? About the existence of Unitarian Christians? You probably don't know it, but there are well over 30,000 differing Denominations, Creeds and Churches in the World, all identifying with Christianity.
So I did not contradict myself, I was simply talking to you.......

Mentally Deficient people. Another charming term like 'Mentally Defective'. You really do need to recognise Mental Disability as just that. You could be next........ there are even groups who believe that persons without high IQ should not have the vote, or authority to make decisions within society. The OT law was there to care for all weaker persons: (Deut. 15:7).

eider

.............This confuses me a bit. Why do you call them hypocrites for ignoring laws, when you say Jesus was beginning to ignore the laws, too? Does that make Jesus a hypocrite?

You're just a bit confused? I'm getting used to that. :)
You can't walk into God's Temple, demonstrate by assaulting and harassing the Temple-money changers and sacrificial sellers and then picket the Temple Courts on that same day and the day after, and not be breaking the old laws! But hypocrisy? Jesus? You're 'avin' a laugh! Or maybe you don't tyhink that this is what got Jesus arrested?

The Priesthood was ignoring the mass of laws which benefited the common people. Jesus wanted all the old ways back, just like God's original Kingdom.... Heaven on Earth, amongst the Jews..........

Look...... Jesus didn't have a huge issue with the Romans, his issue was with the dishonorable upper class, the Jewish rulers.

After all, there weren't any serving Roman Forces where Jesus lived, maybe the odd observer, but no officials. He just thought that the priests should have kept faith with the old laws and supported the people. He was for the Jewish working people, not Gentiles or Samaritans ......

As far as I've read, the passover was ...............certainly nothing to do with a temple refectory in Moses' time.

Well you need to read up, and learn more about how the Temple worked, maybe?

eider

If it was Moses who made up those laws, in all their perfection for circumstances at that time, then it was most certainly a miracle.
Don't you try and put words like the above in my mouth, matey. Surely that is blasphemy, isn't it?

Derf

My wife? She lost interest in you some time ago......... but I still like you! :)
I have ignored your rhetoric, crowing, presumptions etc, and answered in 2/3 posts............
But your prejudice is shown clearly in the above para...... So adulterers and Homosexuals should die to protect society and your partner from infections such as HIV? I think that this identifies your bigotry nicely.
Not mine, yours. This was YOUR paradigm we were discussing. I just tried to apply it while talking about the thread topic. If you want to offer a differ application, I'm all ears, but I would hope it would stay on the topic. To repeat (since you didn't deal with the question I asked):
Quote Originally Posted by Derf
And what if my and my partner's happiness involves something that brings on some plague (HIV, for instance) that kills hundreds of thousands of people every year? This is using your yardstick. Maybe until HIV drugs are reduced to a decent price and made available to the poor of Africa, the penalty for homosexuality and adultery ought to still be in place. Else the "rich" of our country (practically everybody), who can afford HIV drugs, are living it up at the expense of the poor in Africa. Seems to me you just made a solid case for the death penalty for homosexuality and adultery.

And so you would spare negligent dentists, doctors, nurses, laboratory technicians, plebotomists etc, and even spare intentional biters, blood smearers ad others who pass the infection on? I probably have more experience of waiting for the result of an HIV test than you (1992), at that time a three month wait for results, and not being able to live a normal relationship with my wife, or even knowing whether I could again, ever. But I didn't want my attacker executed!
How nice of you. (btw, I'm glad your test result was negative. My wife is a nurse, and has had the same tests run due to accidental needle puncture.) But it's a bit of a red herring, don't you think? I didn't think we were discussing Eider's laws, but Eider's paradigm on God's laws. Is your paradigm now changing to say that even though the laws were designed to keep the populace healthy, it's ok to pick and choose which ones need to be obeyed based on personal choice? Let's try that one with stop lights and see how it goes.

But to your point, I didn't talk of sparing anyone. Negligent homicide is still considered a crime in my country, and rightly so. And, as you said, even more so for intentional infectors. Does it matter what the "weapon" is when the intention is to kill? In the OT, perjury was punished by the sentence that would have been inflicted on the convicted, so the "weapon" was mere words.
Mentally Deficient people. Another charming term like 'Mentally Defective'. You really do need to recognise Mental Disability as just that. You could be next........ there are even groups who believe that persons without high IQ should not have the vote, or authority to make decisions within society.
Another red herring? But to your point, yes, Christians have often been persecuted for their mental deficiencies (also called "bigotries" at times). I've been fired for mine--just for stating that I believe that I'm culpable for people going to hell if they aren't told that homosexuality is a sin (not doing it, mind you, just stating it).

[See American Psychological Association To Classify Belief in God As a Mental Illness]
The OT law was there to care for all weaker persons: (Deut. 15:7).
And all the stronger ones, too. [Lev 19:15 KJV] Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: [but] in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

What's your point?

Last edited:

Derf

You're just a bit confused? I'm getting used to that. :)
You can't walk into God's Temple, demonstrate by assaulting and harassing the Temple-money changers and sacrificial sellers and then picket the Temple Courts on that same day and the day after, and not be breaking the old laws! But hypocrisy? Jesus? You're 'avin' a laugh! Or maybe you don't tyhink that this is what got Jesus arrested?
I'm not suggesting Jesus was a hypocrite--you're the one that said He was not following the laws, but called the Jewish leaders hypocrites for not following the laws.

I think you lost focus a bit with your last few responses. Here's what you said before:

eider said:
But some laws were changing. Jesus took the Passover meal a day early and he did not eat it in a Temple refectory (hall) as the law required, ...

...Old laws were being changed or ignored, and the upper-class was ignoring the lot when possible. Hypocrites.

I feel a little silly going into such detail about what YOU said, but it seems to be necessary. You explained that Jesus was doing something different from the law in that first sentence, and apparently you thought that was ok. Then you explained how the "upper class" was doing something different from the law, which you thought was hypocritical.

So, is doing something different from the law ok or hypocritical?

Derf

If it was Moses who made up those laws, in all their perfection for circumstances at that time, then it was most certainly a miracle.
Don't you try and put words like the above in my mouth, matey. Surely that is blasphemy, isn't it?

I'm just taking your statements to their logical conclusion. If you call your own opinions blasphemy, so be it.
But what does blasphemy matter, if, as you say, the laws can be changed at will anyway. If man can change the laws given by God, that makes man superior to God.

You're a bit conflicted, my friend.

djhow

Jesus was a defender of the sexual perverts, living and eating with just like they were his friends. He wasn't insecure that anyone would molest him nor that they were a threat to him. I remember going to a strip club with friends and I saw a single mother doing whatever she could, I saw a drug addict that had been hated and raped by her father. I didn't see sleeze, I saw humans struggling, weary and heavy laden.

You say these people are more likely to kill themselves? Thats the weariness, that's the heaviness of a burden and Jesus Loves those people and he willingly died for everyone of them

eider

Not mine, yours. This was YOUR paradigm we were discussing.

Wrong... you agreed it. And then you chose to use that word and give it to my opinion.
You agreed that the laws were there to protect and strengthen the people of Israel.
Ergo..... it was OUR agreement, and therefore our paradigm.

You're rubbish at this, really.

eider

I'm just taking your statements to their logical conclusion.
Nah....nah... you take my statements and to YOUR chosen conclusions.

Jesus's action, no doubt supported by his friends, in demonstrating in the Temple Courts and then picketing them on his second visit (he just looked around during his first visit), and clearly having enough support to picket them again on his third visit, was breaking the laws very seriously.
No hypocrisy there. But nearly all of the preisthood was consorting with the invaders, copying their culture, their fashions, their habits etc and enjoying the benefits of doing so....... hypocrits in exactly the sense that John described them.

As mentioned, Jesus didn't have a big issue with the Romans, they didn't even control his home province, it was the Jewish upper class that Jesus had issues with, and if he had been successful then the people might have replaced them...... and that anger spilled over thirty years after Jesus's death during the rebellion against Rome with dreadful infighting.

But although the same risks of sickness and weakening of the people existed in Jesus's time, he didn't think that death for breech of laws was absolutely necessary, and I don't think that it is severe enough now to give extremists the excuse to clamour for death sentences against their pet hates and prejudices, and since a huge percentage of the West agrees with me I do feel reassured about this. If you concentrate on Jesus rather than later followers you can't go wrong.

Only extremist Christians and Muslims push for these kinds of sentences.

You're a bit conflicted, my friend.
I'm not in conflict, but you are, with the vast majority of your own country.

eider

............. My wife is a nurse, and has had the same tests run due to accidental needle puncture.
Ah....... you know about all that....... bloody dreadful experience for both of you.
Well, we can at least empathise with each other about that situation.....

Derf

Nah....nah... you take my statements and to YOUR chosen conclusions.

Jesus's action, no doubt supported by his friends, in demonstrating in the Temple Courts and then picketing them on his second visit (he just looked around during his first visit), and clearly having enough support to picket them again on his third visit, was breaking the laws very seriously.
No hypocrisy there. But nearly all of the preisthood was consorting with the invaders, copying their culture, their fashions, their habits etc and enjoying the benefits of doing so....... hypocrits in exactly the sense that John described them.

As mentioned, Jesus didn't have a big issue with the Romans, they didn't even control his home province, it was the Jewish upper class that Jesus had issues with, and if he had been successful then the people might have replaced them...... and that anger spilled over thirty years after Jesus's death during the rebellion against Rome with dreadful infighting.

You mentioned the Jesus/Roman connection last time, but I don't see how it plays in this discussion, nor the rebellion thirty years later, so I ignored it. If it's so germane, can you explain why? Whose anger spilled over? and anger about what?

But although the same risks of sickness and weakening of the people existed in Jesus's time, he didn't think that death for breech of laws was absolutely necessary, and I don't think that it is severe enough now to give extremists the excuse to clamour for death sentences against their pet hates and prejudices, and since a huge percentage of the West agrees with me I do feel reassured about this. If you concentrate on Jesus rather than later followers you can't go wrong.
Maybe something changed to where Jesus didn't think those dire sentences were necessary--maybe even that He brought the Holy Spirit to help correct the diseases even after He was gone, but His disciples apparently weren't impressed. They (John, for instance--hardly a "later follower") still seemed to think those sins were not going to be tolerated, at least by God in His kingdom:
[Rev 21:8 KJV] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
[Rev 22:15 KJV] For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Only extremist Christians and Muslims push for these kinds of sentences.

I'm not in conflict, but you are, with the vast majority of your own country.
The sentences are a bit of a distraction (can't use the red herring label too often or readers get tired of it). I'm willing to entertain the idea that the death penalty is not applicable anymore. But if there really is a sin involved, should there be a punishment? should there even be a recognition that a sin has occurred? Let's not just talk about homosexuality or transgenderism or transvestitism--is there any sin whatsoever that should be still considered wrong and to be avoided? And why? Apparently you think imposing harsh sentences is the big sin these days. But why is that any worse, in your mind, than any other? Or maybe blasphemy, since you brought it up--why is blasphemy any problem?

By whose standard are you going to judge? Does the majority get to decide what's right and wrong? Why do you get to call people bigots and haters (which are very hateful things to say!), but I don't? Just because a majority of people agree with you? That's the opposite of the law that you said was meant to protect the weak.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What would one of God's spokesmen do when confronted by a man in high heels? What do you think he would say to him? Or Peter when full of the Holy Spirit?

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Matthew 19:4
Jesus answered, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female'

Mark 10:6
However, from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.'