Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo_victis

Just to clarify, I never suggested that Romans 13 means that Christians should support whatever laws are in place regardless of whether they are unjust.

Yeah, I know you didnt argue that. That is stipe's argument.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you're suggesting that I'm mentally handicapped? :rotfl: I thought you opposed all ad hominems and name calling.

theo_victis

I answered all of those questions.

I did consider your position. But you did not adequately demonstrate what the obsoletion of the Law means and you made no solid argument concerning James 2.

You used scripture out of context (Genesis 9, Romans 13, Ecclesiates 8...etc). This was the basis of your position! Eisegesis. How am I suppose to concede to that?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
theo_victis said:
Even though we have one of the lowest murder rates in America? You are making things up!

And Michigan (no DP) has one of the highest. So what?

BTW, no state carries out the DP as laid out in the Bible. It is to be sure and swift.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Great debate Turbo & theo :) Thanks!

theo, maybe in a few weeks you might want to come back and revisit the battle, maybe think over some of what Turbo offered you. Please keep in mind, like the "google incident", Turbo isn't here to mock you, brother, he's here to edify you :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For those of you who believe that Theo won this debate. If, in the future, you run across a person who is struggling with the issue ... "should Christians support the death penalty" ... will you commit to referring them to this debate?

herald

"Let the dead, bury the dead."

We are engaged in a spiritual warfare for the souls of men. Let's be about the Father's business.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
herald said:
"Let the dead, bury the dead."

We are engaged in a spiritual warfare for the souls of men. Let's be about the Father's business.
Was that in response to my question?

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
Shimei said:
BTW, no state carries out the DP as laid out in the Bible. It is to be sure and swift.

Then why do you support it if it is not carried out biblically? That does not make any sense.

JoyfulRook

Primghar said:
Then why do you support it if it is not carried out biblically? That does not make any sense.
We support the death penalty as it should be carried out, not as it is carried out today. :duh:

Just Tom

Primghar said:
What is wrong with you? Seriously.

So, why is it that you DO know everything about homosexuality and what causes it and what is best for society and for homosexuals? Did you create homosexuality, so that you get to decide? Or....wait, are you God? Is that why YOU understand everything so perfectly??
Wow, I am not sure how to react. I never thought God would have a theologyonline account. I guess that makes sense though! That's another point for you, God. I am still at zero.

You really must be God if you can tell who is a Christian or not...like Theo, for example. I can see why you would be skeptical about it: I mean, he DOES believe in Christ as his Savior who died on the cross for his sin. That's pretty ridiculous, huh? From what I understand from your post, if someone does not agree with you, they are suddenly not a Christian and you are sad? That means your opinion is perfect and the only person who was perfect is Jesus! Ohhhh, I get it, so you are Jesus!!! WHOA. Hi, Jesus!!!!!!

Nothing is wrong with me I have the mind of Christ! It was imparted to me when he came into my life. Praise the LORD for saving a lost soul like mine.

Didn't Jesus say that "many on that day (speaking of his second coming) will say Lord, Lord, look at all the good works I have done in your name" and he will say "away from me you evil doer I never knew you" and they will be cast out.

So since my position is not the same as his, one of us has to be wrong or we are both wrong. I am not afraid of that position like you seem to be since I am convinced by the evidence that Jesus came to save us from the second death and not death or the retribution of the governing officials should we or anyone else commit a capital crime.

Now since you seem to think that I couldn't possibly know what is best for the homo or for society as a whole when it comes to homos that would by default mean that you do?

So what is it.. To just love them to hell, and let them subject those who are doing what is natural to harassment, discrimination, and death because you are so spiritually immature, and do not understand the spiritual battle and the nature of homosexuality.

You are still drinking milk!! which is for babies..

JoyfulRook

Primghar said:
What is wrong with you? Seriously.

So, why is it that you DO know everything about homosexuality and what causes it and what is best for society and for homosexuals? Did you create homosexuality, so that you get to decide? Or....wait, are you God? Is that why YOU understand everything so perfectly??
Wow, I am not sure how to react. I never thought God would have a theologyonline account. I guess that makes sense though! That's another point for you, God. I am still at zero.

You really must be God if you can tell who is a Christian or not...like Theo, for example. I can see why you would be skeptical about it: I mean, he DOES believe in Christ as his Savior who died on the cross for his sin. That's pretty ridiculous, huh? From what I understand from your post, if someone does not agree with you, they are suddenly not a Christian and you are sad? That means your opinion is perfect and the only person who was perfect is Jesus! Ohhhh, I get it, so you are Jesus!!! WHOA. Hi, Jesus!!!!!!
Your immaturity is staggering.

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
I wonder..... does Theo even realize why people keep bringing up his assertion that criminals should be imprisoned? :think:

theo_victis

Your immaturity is staggering.

Just Tom is the one with the avatar that says Homophobia is vindicated by AIDS. What the heck is that?

Tell him about his maturity why dont ya?

Nothing is wrong with me I have the mind of Christ!

You have the mind of Christ?!?!?!

I am convinced by the evidence that Jesus came to save us from the second death and not death or the retribution of the governing officials should we or anyone else commit a capital crime.

So Christ's sacrifice means nothing on earth? Where do you get that idea. Oh wait, you have Jesus' brain, I see.

I am getting tired of this site.

theo_victis

We support the death penalty as it should be carried out, not as it is carried out today.

So, are you going to hunt down adulterers? Kids that disobey their parents? Does James 2 mean anything to you? Or is it something to ignore?

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
theo_victis said:
So Christ's sacrifice means nothing on earth?
Theo that statement is an indication of your intellectual honesty. Nobody on this thread stated or even hinted that "Christ's sacrifice means nothing on earth". Do you think people should take you seriously when you have misrepresented them so badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.