BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Per salvation, I do not.
Per societal order, I do.
And thus, the difference in the "worldly sense" and "spiritual sense" you spoke of.

My neighbor is angry at me.
1. He beats and rapes my daughter to alleviate his anger.
2. He kicks a dent in my car to alleviate his anger.

I vote #1 as being much worse.
But it doesn't have squat do with his salvation.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

That's the "worldly" way of looking at it! Which is preferable; the worldly, or the Spiritual?? What say you??

glorydaz

Whoa, whoa, whoa there.

If a :flamer: goes to a bakery, and that bakery doesn't feel comfortable in baking a cake that represents a homosexual marriage .........
and then that :flamer: sues the bakery for discrimination (thus trying to devastate and shut down that bakery), instead of just walking down the street to another bakery that will bake a cake representing a homosexual marriage .......
then who is the one really holding the grudge?????

After all, the :flamer: could have had a cake, but chose to ruin another person instead.

:flamer: = the real grudge holder

Ah, and therein lies a big problem for this nation. The enemy is hard at work. I believe the battle lines must be where the most harm is inflicted. For me, that is keeping gays out of the Boy Scouts, for instance....places where our children can be harmed. We know the world waxes worse and worse, but we should take stands where it really matters the most. A bakery isn't one of them, IMO.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ah, and therein lies a big problem for this nation. The enemy is hard at work. I believe the battle lines must be where the most harm is inflicted. For me, that is keeping gays out of the Boy Scouts, for instance....places where our children can be harmed. We know the world waxes worse and worse, but we should take stands where it really matters the most. A bakery isn't one of them, IMO.

Another Amen!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the attack on the sin of homosexuality has become a "political sin!"
I consider it more of a public sin.
Only because it is being publicly pushed to be acceptable.

It used to be closeted, and shamed.
Now it's the "in" thing.

Girls having unmarried sex used to be shamed.
Now it's the "in" thing.

etc.

The problem I see with liberals is that they would like to eliminate shame.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I consider it more of a public sin.
Only because it is being publicly pushed to be acceptable.

It used to be closeted, and shamed.
Now it's the "in" thing.

Girls having unmarried sex used to be shamed.
Now it's the "in" thing.

etc.

The problem I see with liberals is that they would like to eliminate shame.

We live in an ever increasing sinful world, but waging war against particular sinners is not the "Spiritual answer" We must speak up, in protest about gays in the boy scouts etc. but not spew hatred and lose our Christian testimony/witness!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can make the same stand in several ways, without having to neglect any of them.

I feel somewhat certain that the baker would also agree that keeping homos out of the boy scouts is a right thing.

But if the baker were to express nonacceptance of homos for the boy scouts, but express acceptance of homos in cake baking; then he would be ..... what's the word :think: .... a hypocrite.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since we're in the world but not of the world, we must deal with both.

There are sins that are WORSE....child abuse, murder, rape....those which greatly affect others as compared to those which only add to the general lowering of standards.

This is very true! However, God sees all as sin/disobedience and has
offered His message of Grace to a world of lost sinners!!

glorydaz

You can make the same stand in several ways, without having to neglect any of them.

I feel somewhat certain that the baker would also agree that keeping homos out of the boy scouts is a right thing.

But if the baker were to express nonacceptance of homos for the boy scouts, but express acceptance of homos in cake baking; then he would be ..... what's the word :think: .... a hypocrite.

I don't think so. I'd have no problem baking a cake for a gay guy, but would draw the line at allowing him to have access to my children.

glorydaz

This is very true! However, God sees all as sin/disobedience and has
offered His message of Grace to a world of lost sinners!!

That's certainly true. We are to let our light so shine among men that they may glorify God. We are to show forth love while, at the same time, we are to protect and defend the young and impressionable.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's certainly true. We are to let our light so shine among men that they may glorify God. We are to show forth love while, at the same time, we are to protect and defend the young and impressionable.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

True!!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I just want others to realize that, homosexuality is not the "boogie man" of ALL sins!! No one is born a homosexual. It's not in the genes. According to the Bible, it's a lust of the flesh (sin) It's immoral and God doesn't accept it, nor does He
accept a liar, a thief, an immoral person, an adulterer, a drunkard, or any other sin of the flesh!!

But we don't normally bake a cake to celebrate lying...what would it say? "Congratulations Toerag enjoy many years of lying through your teeth"

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But we don't normally bake a cake to celebrate lying...what would it say? "Congratulations Toerag enjoy many years of lying through your teeth"

thank you for pointing out a distinction that most other posters here do not see

anyone can ask for a cake to be baked
and
we don't need to know anything about them
but
when you ask for a cake to celebrate a same sex marriage
now
you are asking for approval
and
that is what this is all about