BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Were the ones that ordered the cake unsaved?

There's more than enough evidence to show that someone who is living in a constant lifestyle of sin is not truly a Child of God! When one has been truly "born-again" they are in dwelt by the Holy Spirit and are being conformed into the image of Christ by the work of the Spirit!! A lifestyle of sin proves otherwise!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's a vast difference between "worldly, liberal vs. conservative views" and the Spiritual viewpoint!! The worldly liberal may cry out for "extra" rights for gays, whereas, the conservative is more than likely angry with the liberal stance and holds a grudge against the homosexual community! Spiritually speaking, all are sinners and need a Saviour, which is Christ!! And, true Christians need to hold onto a good testimony, and be a witness to the message of Christ, and Him crucified! They can't be effective if they're holding a
grudge and judging the homosexuals harshly!! Doing evil towards unbelievers will not draw them to Christ!!
Whoa, whoa, whoa there.

If a :flamer: goes to a bakery, and that bakery doesn't feel comfortable in baking a cake that represents a homosexual marriage .........
and then that :flamer: sues the bakery for discrimination (thus trying to devastate and shut down that bakery), instead of just walking down the street to another bakery that will bake a cake representing a homosexual marriage .......
then who is the one really holding the grudge?????

After all, the :flamer: could have had a cake, but chose to ruin another person instead.

:flamer: = the real grudge holder

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's more than enough evidence to show that someone who is living in a constant lifestyle of sin is not truly a Child of God! When one has been truly "born-again" they are in dwelt by the Holy Spirit and are being conformed into the image of Christ by the work of the Spirit!! A lifestyle of sin proves otherwise!!
But haven't you already said that all sin is sin?

We all sin in the flesh (saved and unsaved).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Whoa, whoa, whoa there.

If a :flamer: goes to a bakery, and that bakery doesn't feel comfortable in baking a cake that represents a homosexual marriage .........
and then that :flamer: sues the bakery for discrimination (thus trying to devastate and shut down that bakery), instead of just walking down the street to another bakery that will bake a cake representing a homosexual marriage .......
then who is the one really holding the grudge?????

After all, the :flamer: could have had a cake, but chose to ruin another person instead.

:flamer: = the real grudge holder

Your opinion may fit well in the worldly sense, but unfortunately doesn't address the subject in the "Spiritual sense!"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your opinion may fit well in the worldly sense, but unfortunately doesn't address the subject in the "Spiritual sense!"
That's the point.

Not accepting the worldly sense is not the same as not accepting the spiritual sense.

Another case in point:

An arsonist walks into a bakery and wants a cake decorated to reflect a burning church.
The baker feels that is just a wrong thing to represent, and refuses to bake it for him.

That is not refusing the man's salvation (spiritual sense), just the action (worldly sense).

You can refuse to support or accept an action without refusing to support or accept salvation itself.

See what I mean?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's the point.

Not accepting the worldly sense is not the same as not accepting the spiritual sense.

Another case in point:

An arsonist walks into a bakery and wants a cake decorated to reflect a burning church.
The baker feels that is just a wrong thing to represent, and refuses to bake it for him.

That is not refusing the man's salvation (spiritual sense), just the action (worldly sense).

You can refuse to support or accept an action without refusing to support or accept salvation itself.

See what I mean?

Could you clarify??

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's correct. As Christians we do sin, however, if a "so-called" Christian lives a throughly "hedonistic lifestyle" there's reason to
believe they never truly became a "child of God!"

You said earlier:

His reason is; he doesn't believe in gay marriage and feels it's an "abomination!"

The problem is, we're all sinners, and homosexuality is just that, another sin!

And then you ask:

If someone walks into that same bakery, and admits being a chronic liar, are they going to be refused service because of that particular sin? Or, perhaps someone is a known adulterer, etc.; are they going to be refused service??

Where do we draw the line?
It seems as if you have drawn the line.

The problem is that it might not be too hard to find an atheist that actually lives a more morally acceptable life (actions) than you do.
And thus, salvation cannot be measured by behavior.

Salvation is not a game of horseshoes (whoever gets closest wins).
The only line that can separate all your sins from all the sins of another is the blood of the spotless one (Christ), not your behavior.

glorydaz

Would I work along side a gay person; yep! Would I have a conversation and a laugh with a gay person; yep! Would I stand in line at a theater if I knew a gay person was in line; yep! Would I sell a gay person a cake if I were a baker; you bet I would! Would I accept that a gay person is legally married before God and the church; nope!! In order for a society to flourish we must be civil and law abiding with one another!! However, we all belong to the same club when it comes to being sinners and each sinner has their own separate chosen sins!!

Amen, brother. Just as Jesus was accused of eating and drinking with sinners, so we will be accused of the same. How else will they be able to see the love of God except we show it to them?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You said earlier:

And then you ask:

It seems as if you have drawn the line.

The problem is that it might not be too hard to find an atheist that actually lives a more morally acceptable life (actions) than you do.
And thus, salvation cannot be measured by behavior.

Salvation is not a game of horseshoes (whoever gets closest wins).
The only line that can separate all your sins from all the sins of another is the blood of the spotless one (Christ), not your behavior.

The idea is; what forms of sin, including homosexuality, are reason enough to deny service! Lying, adultery, cheating, thievery, immorality, etc,.? All are sinners, why is it some "exalt" homosexuality far above the other sins and make it stand out like a
sore thumb in some peoples way of thinking??

glorydaz

If one goes in and buys a quart of milk and a loaf of bread do they actually care if the store owner wishes them well?? I think people
just go in the store to purchase their items and be on their way!

If I go in a store, I don't bother thinking if the guy at the cash register likes me or not!!

GM....you certainly make good use of the common sense God gave you. :e4e:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some think one sin is worse than the others. Sort of like; small, medium,and large sins! One single sin will keep us out of the kingdom of God! Thank God Christ paid the price for our "many sins!!"

glorydaz

To single out the sin of homosexuality as some sort of "super sin" does not carry weight in line with what the Scriptures teach about sin! In the end analysis, all those who die without Christ will stand before the judgment seat of God and be judged according to their "works" not their sins! Sin was taken care of at the cross! Although only those who have placed their faith in Christ as Lord and Saviour will benefit from Christ's shed blood and resurrection! Those whose names are not written in the "Lambs book of Life" (the unsaved) will be judged by their works and cast into the "lake of fire!"

It's not the responsibility of "true Christians" to judge the unsaved (homosexual and otherwise) We're not to do evil to them, but to be a witness and a testimony! Jesus tells us; if it be possible to try to get along with all men!

In due time the unsaved will be judged, they don't need the "true believers" to judge them here on planet earth! Judgment is God's department!!

Yes, and there is only ONE that convicts the heart of sin.

Refusing service doesn't. Writing scripture on a cake doesn't. Calling them sinners doesn't. There is but ONE....LIGHT through the Gospel of salvation through the Holy Spirit. Not too many, I would venture to say, have been converted in a bakery shop, but a seed of love can be planted there with PRAYER for the lost that come in.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some think one sin is worse than the others. Sort of like; small, medium,and large sins!
Per salvation, I do not.
Per societal order, I do.
And thus, the difference in the "worldly sense" and "spiritual sense" you spoke of.

My neighbor is angry at me.
1. He beats and rapes my daughter to alleviate his anger.
2. He kicks a dent in my car to alleviate his anger.

I vote #1 as being much worse.
But it doesn't have squat do with his salvation.

One single sin will keep us out of the kingdom of God! Thank God Christ paid the price for our "many sins!!"
imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, and there is only ONE that convicts the heart of sin.

Refusing service doesn't. Writing scripture on a cake doesn't. Calling them sinners doesn't. There is but ONE....LIGHT through the Gospel of salvation through the Holy Spirit. Not too many, I would venture to say, have been converted in a bakery shop, but a seed of love can be planted there with PRAYER for the lost that come in.

Amen to that wisdom!!