ECT Back again to the Prager mistake which D'ism follows (identity vs behavior)

Interplanner

I'm writing this at 6am PST, and pragerradio.com/listen will repeat an hour or two in which (Rabbi) talk host Dennis Prager grappled with identity politics vs behavior. Shall we subscribe to people saying they have an 'orientation' or only deal with their actions when it affects us? One of his guests on this was a homosexual editor at Town Hall explaining, essentially, that 'it is harder to be a conservative in the Bay Area than to be a homosexual in Alabama.' Why is that? Because Marxists do indeed run all their programs on identity: race, gender, class, sexual orientation. A person who says they are a conservative homosexual will be persecuted by Marxists. Because they do not deal in actions, only in identity. They will praise you for declaring your orientation, but attack you for conservative actions. Apparently there is no such thing as a conservative orientation.

Where Prager gets into a corner is his exception for Jews, which will eventually bring us to the Dispensational position on the Jews. Prager seeks to deal with people on the basis of their actions, not their identity. For ex., when teaching on 'the poor' from Deuteronomy, he will remind us that there is not to be favoritism to the poor simply for their identity. Justice is not to be rendered one way because they are poor; it must be based on actions.

But he makes his exception for Jews and goes off into identity-ism. "Christians can't be atheist; but Jews are a race and so they might perhaps be. They may even be Marxist." This is totally confusing, says Dr. Bernard Pyron, because it is the product of transformational Marxism's assault on absolutes, on the unchanging, on the eternal. Marxism cannot afford to have people believing in unchanging absolutes.

D'ists of course go Prager's direction. We know this from the number of times the TBN network played "Exodus" for its Sunday night movie, in which secular terrorist Jews in the late '40s seize a ship and rescue Jews by taking them to 'Palestine.'

So D'ists must have two programs running in the Bible or their theology, in which they keep following Prager's exception, and they must ignore Paul in several places in the NT where there is a Jew or an Israel that is action-based. "A man is a Jew if he is one inwardly...by the Spirit...his praise is not from men..." Rom 2. Or 'Peace be on all who follow this rule (of faith), even on the Israel of God" Gal 6.

SaulToPaul 2

So D'ists must have two programs running in the Bible or their theology, in which they keep following Prager's exception, and they must ignore Paul in several places in the NT where there is a Jew or an Israel that is action-based.

There were two programs, for a period of time, in the first century.
Ignoring this fact leads to all kinds of error...of which you take part.

Interplanner

There were two programs, for a period of time, in the first century.
Ignoring this fact leads to all kinds of error...of which you take part.

...unless you believe Gal 3:17 which you do not. You know nothing of 1st century / NT background.

Later in exchanges on the subject that day Prager said this: "I would apply the rule of behavior, not identity/race to Judaism, but it doesn't apply to Judaism." That is the old covenant speaking. It has never been stated so modernly.

Interplanner

If there were two programs as you are thinking, it would not be confined to the 1st century; it would either extend back as far as post-exile to people like Nehemiah, or all the way back to the Law. You are a constant stream of misunderstanding and misinformation.

Among the 21 goals of the New World Order is 'to continue to build up the cult of Christian fundamentalism begun by the British East India Company's servant Darby, which will be misused to strengthen the Zionist State of Israel.' --Dr. Bernard Pyron.

Danoh

I'm writing this at 6am PST, and pragerradio.com/listen will repeat an hour or two in which (Rabbi) talk host Dennis Prager grappled with identity politics vs behavior. Shall we subscribe to people saying they have an 'orientation' or only deal with their actions when it affects us? One of his guests on this was a homosexual editor at Town Hall explaining, essentially, that 'it is harder to be a conservative in the Bay Area than to be a homosexual in Alabama.' Why is that? Because Marxists do indeed run all their programs on identity: race, gender, class, sexual orientation. A person who says they are a conservative homosexual will be persecuted by Marxists. Because they do not deal in actions, only in identity. They will praise you for declaring your orientation, but attack you for conservative actions. Apparently there is no such thing as a conservative orientation.

Where Prager gets into a corner is his exception for Jews, which will eventually bring us to the Dispensational position on the Jews. Prager seeks to deal with people on the basis of their actions, not their identity. For ex., when teaching on 'the poor' from Deuteronomy, he will remind us that there is not to be favoritism to the poor simply for their identity. Justice is not to be rendered one way because they are poor; it must be based on actions.

But he makes his exception for Jews and goes off into identity-ism. "Christians can't be atheist; but Jews are a race and so they might perhaps be. They may even be Marxist." This is totally confusing, says Dr. Bernard Pyron, because it is the product of transformational Marxism's assault on absolutes, on the unchanging, on the eternal. Marxism cannot afford to have people believing in unchanging absolutes.

D'ists of course go Prager's direction. We know this from the number of times the TBN network played "Exodus" for its Sunday night movie, in which secular terrorist Jews in the late '40s seize a ship and rescue Jews by taking them to 'Palestine.'

So D'ists must have two programs running in the Bible or their theology, in which they keep following Prager's exception, and they must ignore Paul in several places in the NT where there is a Jew or an Israel that is action-based. "A man is a Jew if he is one inwardly...by the Spirit...his praise is not from men..." Rom 2. Or 'Peace be on all who follow this rule (of faith), even on the Israel of God" Gal 6.

Talk about confused; I had hoped you understood that one's salvation is not an issue of their behavior but of their identity IN Christ?

But nope.

For you even cite the standard mis-fire of many on...

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

In short, all issues are EVER one of Identity NOT of Behaviour.

Not of - one is a sinner (identity) because one sins (behaviour); but of - one sins (behaviour) because one IS a sinner (identity).

Prager whatever.

Try the Word of Truth.

Rom. 5: 6-8 is in our stead.

SaulToPaul 2

...unless you believe Gal 3:17 which you do not. You know nothing of 1st century / NT background.

Later in exchanges on the subject that day Prager said this: "I would apply the rule of behavior, not identity/race to Judaism, but it doesn't apply to Judaism." That is the old covenant speaking. It has never been stated so modernly.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

Sorry STP, you are totally stuck in self-admiration.

When you grow up and learn how to discuss things, let me know.

For ex., instead of saying "Inter is wrong, I'm right; Inter is wrong, I'm right; ad infinitum about Gal 3:17, send a paragraph or page doing an exposition of it, OK?

You don't have any authentic beliefs which you prove daily by self-admiration that is unexplained. You never write out complete thoughts because you don't have them. You keep objections miles away that way, and just keep telling yourself that you are right and Inter is wrong.

Interplanner

Sometimes a :chuckle: is the only appropriate response to an unbeliever.

You did it again. De-explaining, de-explanation. Unbeliever in what? IN Gal 3:17? In acts 13:32-39? IN Rom 3:21-31?

Get out of your head and into the real world of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge in Christ Jesus.

Interplanner

The OP of 'There is no difference' has 30 passages quoted. Do you mean that you can't sit down and provide a paragraph on why each of the 30 is mistaken. No, you can't, because your reasons will expose that you are following a fraud.

Interplanner

Simple words found in the Book.

Of which I quote 10x the amount you do.

Back to the OP:
Prager said: "I would apply this (behavior vs identity) to Judaism, but it does not apply." The problem: he welcomes a homosexual for his orientation/identity THE SAME WAY he treats his Judaism as an identity!!! Apart from behavior!

I don't know or care what happens to an "identity" when behavior is the question!!! As far as I'm concerned, identity/orientation is an entirely fraudulent modern conception. TOL readers will probably agree on that about homosexuality, but the D'ists will operate the same way Prager is about Judaism for Judaism's fraudulent reason: that it is an identity.

Now look at the NT telling us that the believer has a new self or identity in Christ which 'kills' or 'puts to death' the behavior of the flesh. See where this is going? We DO have an new identity apart from race, gender, class, and it causes right behavior, which is still the question that matters. We can never just say we have an identity without actions.

So, how many ways can Judaism be wrong, and D'ism still follow along with it?

Interplanner

Simple words found in the Book.

When will you realize you don't mean that? You mean I don't believe in D'ism,
or two programs,
or 'hanging' everything on Mt 25:33
or 'hanging' everything on some single promise in Acts 13
or 'hanging' everything on the denial of the ascension and enthronement of Christ in Acts 2:30,31

That's what you mean, but you don't know how to talk, and you shouldn't be here until you do.