Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Berean said:
Knight,

You are the consummate salesman. :chuckle:

I just might order one real soon...:thumb:
Actually I suck as a salesman, as evidenced by my struggle to keep everything afloat.

Although, thanks to a few awesome TOL'ers we have done a good job in the last year or so.

Freak

If you believe the Bible to be true, it is a simple matter to see that the Scriptures contain plenty of examples of miraculous healing by Almighty God. There are a number of examples in the Old Testament where God healed miraculously – for example the healings of Naaman the Syrian through Elisha, and the healing of the people of Israel from the plague in the wilderness. In the New Testament, the four gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are full of stories of healing.

A lot of attention is given to divine healing in the accounts of the ministry of Jesus Christ. The Acts of the Apostles also documents a number of reports of miraculous healings done through the hands of the apostles, most notably Peter (Acts 3:1-10; Acts 9:42-43) and Paul (Acts 14:8-10; Acts 28:8,9). But it was not only apostles who did signs and wonders. Philip the evangelist was noted for the healing and deliverance ministry he did in Samaria (Acts 8:5-8) while it is noted that Stephen, also not an apostle, “full of faith and power, did great signs and wonders among the people” (Acts 6:8). So we can see that God did heal miraculously and still does today!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
If you believe the Bible to be true, it is a simple matter to see that the Scriptures contain plenty of examples of miraculous healing by Almighty God. There are a number of examples in the Old Testament where God healed miraculously – for example the healings of Naaman the Syrian through Elisha, and the healing of the people of Israel from the plague in the wilderness. In the New Testament, the four gospels – Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are full of stories of healing.

A lot of attention is given to divine healing in the accounts of the ministry of Jesus Christ. The Acts of the Apostles also documents a number of reports of miraculous healings done through the hands of the apostles, most notably Peter (Acts 3:1-10; Acts 9:42-43) and Paul (Acts 14:8-10; Acts 28:8,9). But it was not only apostles who did signs and wonders. Philip the evangelist was noted for the healing and deliverance ministry he did in Samaria (Acts 8:5-8) while it is noted that Stephen, also not an apostle, “full of faith and power, did great signs and wonders among the people” (Acts 6:8). So we can see that God did heal miraculously
I agree!!
and still does today!!!
I disagree. :)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight, I have to tell you that I disagree with you. I've seen people who have been blind and/or deaf from birth see and hear for the first time in their lives after being prayed over. I've seen my sister's best friend whose back was broken in an accident involving her horse and a pick-up truck get up out of her wheelchair and walk for the first time in twelve years. I know that this is anecdotal evidence. But, after what I've witnessed first-hand, I cannot say that God does not miraculously heal today.

Lovejoy

Knight said:
Actually I suck as a salesman, as evidenced by my struggle to keep everything afloat.

Although, thanks to a few awesome TOL'ers we have done a good job in the last year or so.
I bought a smilie! You must be an okay salesperson if I did something as ridiculous as that! :LoJo:

Freak

Knight said:
I agree!! I disagree. :)
I know you disagree. That is between you and Jesus. I believe, God's Word is quite clear, that He heals and gives certain members of His body the gift of healing. The Holy Spirit is free to dispense gifts as He sees fit, despite your disagreement (1 Corinthians 12:7-11) and this include the gift of healing!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
I know you disagree. That is between you and Jesus. I believe, God's Word is quite clear, that He heals and gives certain members of His body the gift of healing. The Holy Spirit is free to dispense gifts as He sees fit, despite your disagreement (1 Corinthians 12:7-11) and this include the gift of healing!!
If you go back a page or two in this thread I address that chapter.

And yes we disagree, and I am OK with that. :up:

Freak

Knight said:
But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Verse 12 says, "...then we shall see face to face." The word "then" refers back to the phrase "when the perfect comes." Since the only infallible interpreter of Scripture is Scripture, a quick examination of the way God uses the term "face to face" should help us understand this passage better.

The phrase is used throughout the Bible and always means an encounter with a person. Wouldn't you agree Knight?

Knight, see above, since you're on a quest to understand the truth of God????

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ebenz47037 said:
Knight, I have to tell you that I disagree with you. I've seen people who have been blind and/or deaf from birth see and hear for the first time in their lives after being prayed over. I've seen my sister's best friend whose back was broken in an accident involving her horse and a pick-up truck get up out of her wheelchair and walk for the first time in twelve years. I know that this is anecdotal evidence. But, after what I've witnessed first-hand, I cannot say that God does not miraculously heal today.
I have seen the flip side.

You're right anecdotal evidence is not proof.

Freak

Knight said:
Are you proposing????
I'm happily married and have a wonderful family. So you don't believe water baptism serve a symbolic purpose but what about a wedding ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.