Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by julie21

Wasn't she Prime Minister of England at one stage???

Question...Being new to TOL, I've read through quite a few threads and it sounds as though there are a number of points on which versions of the Bible are best. (Of course, some would state 'none' or 'best for what?')
Can you outline briefly the different translations and the pro's vs con's? Most interested in opinion of the NIV as I believe it's most widely used version in Australia.
Thanks.
The Greek NT and Hebrew OT. Unless you don't read Greek and Hebrew.

C

cattyfan

Originally posted by Knight

Poly is taking some time off she will be back really soon.

Thanks for the answer. If you hear from her, please tell her she's missed. :)

Sozo

Originally posted by Yorzhik

Has there ever been a bible translation from someone who is OV?

Let me ask this another way...

Since the OV is the "correct" interpretation of the bible, then wouldn't that "someone" be the same someone who translated the KJV?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo

Let me ask this another way...

Since the OV is the "correct" interpretation of the bible, then wouldn't that "someone" be the same someone who translated the KJV?
I think the open view is obvious in any translation... although you can certainly find Calvinism effecting almost every version within certain verses.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo

Knight...

Did you see this Here
Yea I have met guys like that. :kookoo: ;)

I never was that serious about it. In fact I haven't been in the loop for a long time now although I would still love to get my hands on any old Hotwheels circa 1967-70.

Sozo

Originally posted by Knight

Yea I have met guys like that. :kookoo: ;)

I never was that serious about it. In fact I haven't been in the loop for a long time now although I would still love to get my hands on any old Hotwheels circa 1967-70.

Like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.