Status
Not open for further replies.

Mara

3 legged race champion
Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by wholearmor

All one anothers?

Joe: I have no ill feeling against any. I want only the best for those I know and the people I meet. So sure all one anothers

wholearmor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by Mara

Joe: I have no ill feeling against any. I want only the best for those I know and the people I meet. So sure all one anothers

I actually said that tongue in cheek and it was directed at Knight since this is the "Ask Knight" thread.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Originally posted by wholearmor

All one anothers?
Absolutely!

But love does not always manifest itself as "cuddly acceptance".

Many times love manifests itself as harsh rebuke etc.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Originally posted by Turbo

Did you mean, "For life has little meaning..."?
No, I meant "love".

In other words....

"Love" would mean little if love could not be dispensed onto others.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Originally posted by Mara

To which the average Joe Christian would respond, I love God and others too. I try to be a good husband and father to my children. I also try to help those who are in need. But I feel as though I'm missing something -- I don't feel any sense of real purpose in my life.

What would you say to Joe in response to his dilema?
It seems this might be a individual and specific problem that could stem from a variety of reasons... I do not think there is a "one size fits all" answer to that dilemma.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Knight

No, I meant "love".

In other words....

"Love" would mean little if love could not be dispensed onto others.
Gotcha. Just checking.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Christine

Knight, what lead you to start TOL?
Well in the late 90's... I, my wife, Lion and Becky were all attending Derby School of Theology with Bob Hill as instructor.

Derby School of Theology is a very thought provoking and challenging place to study theology.

I thought it would be fun to start a web page for those in the class to discuss the topics being raised in class.

One thing lead to another and it eventually turned into TOL!

Info on Derby School of theology.

Great question!

Christine

Well in the late 90's... I, my wife, Lion and Becky were all attending Derby School of Theology with Bob Hill as instructor.

Derby School of Theology is a very thought provoking and challenging place to study theology.

I thought it would be fun to start a web page for those in the class to discuss the topics being raised in class.

Great question!
Thanks Knight. :) That was a question I had often wondered about.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Great question!
Whoa! That's the first time I've seen a straight answer to that question. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Brother Vinny

How do we come by a biblical canon of 66 books, being sure that only those 66 books are the inspired Word of God, and that no spurious works were included, and no inspired works left out?
By the trust in those most closely involved and the most reliable handed down information with the prayerful guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Similar to the way we can trust that Moses was able to write accurately about the events prior to his existence.

Likewise we are able to trust the canonization of the Bible we have today.

And of course there is nothing wrong with testing for ourselves the accuracy of the documents in question in the same manner that we test how Moses documented events in Genesis.

Make sense?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Okay, I got one. What scriptures make you think God has little or no knowledge of future events? :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lucky

Okay, I got one. What scriptures make you think God has little or no knowledge of future events? :)
None.

Who says God has "little" or "no" knowledge of future events?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Okay Knight, if you don't mind I have thought of a few personal questions that I've been curious about...

Is being the web site administrator for TOL what you do for a living?

How many years of study have you completed at Derby? I hear that making it through their entire curriculum is quite a hill to climb! (No pun intended. ;) )

And one last question...

Are you directly involved with any other ministries besides TOL?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.