Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to be critical here, but why is it appropriate to ban someone for advocating criminal activity, yet not appropriate to ban someone who advocates killing unborn children?

Is it only because the government doesn't see it as a crime? Don't we believe that the government is wrong about that?

Here

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not trying to be critical here, but why is it appropriate to ban someone for advocating criminal activity, yet not appropriate to ban someone who advocates killing unborn children?

Is it only because the government doesn't see it as a crime? Don't we believe that the government is wrong about that?

Here
We have banned for that in the past. It all depends on how the post is stated, and it all depends on if I want the user gone or not. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We have banned for that in the past. It all depends on how the post is stated, and it all depends on if I want the user gone or not. :)
:chuckle: Reminds me of the old cartoon in...Omni, I think, where a scientist is standing before a room of his peers and the introduction goes something like, "And now we'll treat Dr. Brown's hypothesis to a rational, thorough and considered examination before giving it the old hoo-ha!"

Or words to that effect.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,

I've noticed a strange occurence that has been slowly happening over time.

There was a time when my computer's clock matched up with TOL's. In other words, if it's 12:15 and someone makes a post right then, then my User CP will show the latest post being made at 12:15.

Now, however, I often notice that the time of the latest post is several minutes past the current time. In other words, if it's 12:15 now, I might see that the latest post "was" made at 12:21.

This is very exciting to me, because I know that it's not that the post "was" made; it means that it "will be" made. Which means that one day, in a couple of years or so, I'll be able to read posts that are made possibly a day or maybe even a week in the future. So I'll know what people are posting before they actually even post. So I'm very excited and becoming more and more eager as I contemplate the impact this will have on my ability to come across as incredibly intuitive in my responses (or "pre"sponses) to others.

My question is: Is this some sort of binary wormhole that you've discovered within the software? Is this something that you can share with me? Is it an alien technology? Does this mean that our open view has been wrong all this time?

If you can't answer, then I understand.

Thanks,
Randy

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,

There was a time when my computer's clock matched up with TOL's. In other words, if it's 12:15 and someone makes a post right then, then my User CP will show the latest post being made at 12:15.

Now, however, I often notice that the time of the latest post is several minutes past the current time. In other words, if it's 12:15 now, I might see that the latest post "was" made at 12:21.

This is very exciting to me, because I know that it's not that the post "was" made; it means that it "will be" made. Which means that one day, in a couple of years or so, I'll be able to read posts that are made possibly a day or maybe even a week in the future. So I'll know what people are posting before they actually even post. So I'm very excited and becoming more and more eager as I contemplate the impact this will have on my ability to come across as incredibly intuitive in my responses (or "pre"sponses) to others.

My question is: Is this some sort of binary wormhole that you've discovered within the software? Is this something that you can share with me? Is it an alien technology? Does this mean that our open view has been wrong all this time?

Thanks,
Randy
Darn! You have discovered my plan. I was hoping nobody would notice.

Once the time difference becomes large enough I was planning on asking what the winning lotto numbers would be for the next drawing and then quickly buying a ticket.

That way TOL could live in luxury. It's either that or catch Osama Bin Laden snooping through my trash cans.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Once the time difference becomes large enough I was planning on asking what the winning lotto numbers would be for the next drawing and then quickly buying a ticket.

That way TOL could live in luxury. It's either that or catch Osama Bin Laden snooping through my trash cans.

Interesting; I never thought of that possibility. So when you post, it actually posts it in someone else's future, which is another's present in the future's past post. So they could reveal those numbers and you'd see them in their past, which is your present. But then, you'd have to create a username for the gas station clerk to log into TOL, so when you turn in your winning numbers, the proof that they wouldn't otherwise have in their present will be clearly shown in their future's past post.

Good thinking, chief! :thumb: Clear rules of engagement like this is one of the things that makes TOL the best forum in the world!

The Graphite

Why don't you just come out and admit the real truth.

Time here on the TOL island isn't quite "in synch" with time "off the island." There is some degree of time dilation. So, this kind of discrepancy is to be expected.

(Also, light scatters differently here, however I don't want to get off on a rabbit trail...)

Of course, if all of the above is true.... then I think you already know what those lottery numbers are. :angel:

Mr. 5020

Why don't you just come out and admit the real truth.

Time here on the TOL island isn't quite "in synch" with time "off the island." There is some degree of time dilation. So, this kind of discrepancy is to be expected.

(Also, light scatters differently here, however I don't want to get off on a rabbit trail...)

Of course, if all of the above is true.... then I think you already know what those lottery numbers are. :angel:
It was good knowing you. :(

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You might be onto something, TG. Your comment brought to recollection that I've never seen Kate and Knight in the same room at the same time.

GuySmiley

Knight,

Thanks,
Randy
Its because TOL HQ is in Colorado and you are somewhere not too far above sea level. Someday you could mail us tomorrow's newspaper.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its because TOL HQ is in Colorado and you are somewhere not too far above sea level. Someday you could mail us tomorrow's newspaper.

Spatial time shifting, then. Interesting. :think: This gets more and more interesting by the moment. Or should I say, "will get more and more interesting..."

rainee

Spatial time shifting, then. Interesting. :think: This gets more and more interesting by the moment. Or should I say, "will get more and more interesting..."

Pardon the interruption, but can it truly be time shifting?
I think not.

Maybe it is more simple than that?

Such as messages traveling between you and TOL are traveling like light, Ok?

Now, is light a particle or a wave?

Exactly!

You see? That is probably the problem, isn't it?

The humidity in Louisiana (and here too btw) is probably so thick it is bending and splitting the transmissions. But then they come back
together. (The same way H and O like to make and remain water droplets because they share an attraction and affinity.)
This does cause a delay in time.

Humidity is probably what makes the island strange on Lost too,
you know. Amplifying the electromagnetic field.

Now I helped you, will you help me?

Is Knight really Kate?

(I love her!!)

(In a normal woman way, please don't be creepy)

rainee

Oh, Mr Heretic and Mr Psalmist,

I keep hoping when I get a notification on this thread someone has written, Yes Virginia, er, I mean rainee...

sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.